Page 103 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3174
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 296

Broody Namor broods.

by Reverisco
    I wouldn't have started the seaweed Royale myself. I think (not sure) that Royale means there's a custard on top, which wouldn't improve that amorphous lump of grey weed much. No wonder HRH is broody.

I haven't seen atlantaean food very often. In my head, I imagine them eating Japanese style: Perfectly crafted pieces of sashimi, fish roe, seaweed etc. Can anyone think of any other food panels?
    "Self has no time for this."

Astonishing Member

Some days I think I need Namor to come to work with me, and shout that at some of my co-workers...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 298

Sub-Mariner #53
    by Sal Buscema
    Cover Date: September 1972
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I wouldn't have started the seaweed Royale myself. I think (not sure) that Royale means there's a custard on top, which wouldn't improve that amorphous lump of grey weed much. No wonder HRH is broody.

I haven't seen atlantaean food very often. In my head, I imagine them eating Japanese style: Perfectly crafted pieces of sashimi, fish roe, seaweed etc. Can anyone think of any other food panels?
    A custard on top??

Wait. I was just going to look that up, but I just lost an hour of my life, because I was curious about what prompted brooding and what happened next! Curiosity didn't kill the cat, but it sure sucked up all my time.

Well, we know Namor has an appreciation for sushi, since he ... hired, I think, an excellent sushi chef from Japan for his dinner date with Emma.

I know of at least one, which I'll post for today's panel.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Some days I think I need Namor to come to work with me, and shout that at some of my co-workers...
    I think if Namor came to your work place there would be ... other excitement. :P

Part of Namor's awesomeness is he says what we'd love to say, but silly things like remaining employed or maintaining relationships wisely prevent us from saying.

365 Days with Namor, Day 298

Welcome to an Atlantean banquet, where you get an excellent view of Namor's ankle wings.

I just want to say, Scott Kolins has an AMAZING aquatic imagination.

by Reverisco

Astonishing Member

I think if Namor came to your work place there would be ... other excitement. :P
    lol. That is a fair point. But I would dearly love to let him loose on some of my staff...and a few obnoxious customers.

Part of Namor's awesomeness is he says what we'd love to say, but silly things like remaining employed or maintaining relationships wisely prevent us from saying.
    Or at least usually prevent us from saying....

Lots of action going on in this cover. Its nice to see Spitfire getting in on the fisticuffs on the cover.

You don't normally think about it too much when he is flamed-on, but this cover really makes it stand out just how skimpy Toro's costume is. That young man was going to war...wearing nothing but a pair of boots and some shiny black briefs!

Maybe he should be Namor's sidekick rather than Jim's....

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 299

Hulk #322
    by Al Milgrom
    Cover Date: August 1986

There hasn't been much marvelous about this Monday. And serendipity strikes again, as this issue is entitled "Must the Hulk Die" which is entirely appropriate, given today's news, with the substitution of Namor for the Hulk.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with Marvel, and others, today, but I will continue on with this thread, sharing how awesome Namor has been for the last 76 years. Imperius Rex!

365 Days with Namor, Day 298

Welcome to an Atlantean banquet, where you get an excellent view of Namor's ankle wings.

I just want to say, Scott Kolins has an AMAZING aquatic imagination.

by Reverisco
    Ah Atlantis. Come for the pimped out tentacled babe throne: leave before the seaweed royale. It looks revolting.

Kudos for finding a feast panel though, and you're right: it is a splendiferously imaginative one.

There hasn't been much marvelous about this Monday. And serendipity strikes again, as this issue is entitled "Must the Hulk Die" which is entirely appropriate, given today's news, with the substitution of Namor for the Hulk.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with Marvel, and others, today, but I will continue on with this thread, sharing how awesome Namor has been for the last 76 years. Imperius Rex!
    I've just read the news. I'm too pissed off to comment elsewhere, so I'll just say that I think you're doing the right thing by celebrating 75 years of an amazing character, and ignoring the last year of crap.

Thank you again for your amazing thread Reviresco.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 11-17-2015 at 01:40 AM.

I've just read the news. I'm too pissed off to comment elsewhere, so I'll just say that I think you're doing the right thing by celebrating 75 years of an amazing character, and ignoring the last year of crap.

Thank you again for your amazing thread Reviresco.
    Thank you, Sea Hound. Your participation, and others, in the thread certainly has made it fun and even more amazing. I do intend to let a few folks at Marvel know I disagree with this dreadful decision. But their poor choices aren't going to ruin the Namor celebration here!

Ah Atlantis. Come for the pimped out tentacled babe throne: leave before the seaweed royale. It looks revolting.

Kudos for finding a feast panel though, and you're right: it is a splendiferously imaginative one.
    When you see this double page spread full size it even more splendiferous! A ton of details. Which may or may not be a good thing when looking at that table. Though, Blazing Skull, I believe that's him, seems to be munching down quite eagerly.

Yes, the throne babes ... Lady Dorma didn't tolerate that at all. I do wonder who that tentacle guy is next to Namor? What happened to the very human looking Vashti?

lol. That is a fair point. But I would dearly love to let him loose on some of my staff...and a few obnoxious customers.

Or at least usually prevent us from saying....
    Heh ... it never hurts to dream.

Lots of action going on in this cover. Its nice to see Spitfire getting in on the fisticuffs on the cover.

You don't normally think about it too much when he is flamed-on, but this cover really makes it stand out just how skimpy Toro's costume is. That young man was going to war...wearing nothing but a pair of boots and some shiny black briefs!

Maybe he should be Namor's sidekick rather than Jim's....
    There is some ... dare I say it, emulation on Toro's part? I'm sure there's other things I could say, but that would be more in the realm of fan fiction.

Gil Kane is a master of the action packed cover.

[QUOTE=Reviresco;1608377][CENTER]

You could grate cheese on those abs. Sigh.

Astonishing Member

My heart goes out to the Parisians, but I really have no adequate words. However, this cover expresses some of my sorrow for this terrible tragedy.
    Nice choice of image, and I echo your sentiments.