Page 104 of 212 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3174
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

There hasn't been much marvelous about this Monday. And serendipity strikes again, as this issue is entitled "Must the Hulk Die" which is entirely appropriate, given today's news, with the substitution of Namor for the Hulk.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with Marvel, and others, today, but I will continue on with this thread, sharing how awesome Namor has been for the last 76 years. Imperius Rex!
    Coincidental timing--I just recently read that issue for the first time a couple of weeks ago. lol A nice era in Avengers history, with so many of my personal favourites active at the same time.

As for the news about Namor....it definitely sucks, but let's take heart from the fact that it is certainly only a temporary setback for the Avenging Son. Characters who are less iconic, less popular and less central to Marvel history have returned from the dead before. It is only a matter of time before Namor gets to do the same.

Let's think of it as a chance for Namor to take a break and let the less-than-flattering aspects of his portrayal in Hickman's AVENGERS run die down. Then Namor can be reborn and start fresh as the sexy and awesome prince of Atlantis we all know and love.

Default WILD 90's!

We're going to be keeping this thread going for Reviresco while she is away.

HEAD GAMES: Skull Orchard
    December 1990
    'You take the king's shilling and you do the king's bidding."
    This issue finds Namor paying a visit to the Headhunter, and becoming part of her display. This is classic Byrne. I didn't care for Byrne's Namor run at first, but I absolutely LOVE it now.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

WONDERFUL ! PERFECT !

Of course, the red eyes are a little bit creepy... But we cried a lot.. and there are hidden meanings in everything, I guess... So let the serendipity happen !!!

Well done, Scan Mistress...

(This thread lives also with panels, and comments. It's a gold-mine of more than one hundred pages - golden posts, golden images, everything is enjoyable. If you're just lurking around by the way, maybe you will check the first page. There you will read (I quote in bold in order to respect the original post) : "If you've got a favorite panel with Namor or a fun caption, feel free to share it here.". Nothing else to add.)

Yay CW! I can't wait to get my assignment
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Is it possible for this one to get a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Is it possible for this one to get a day?
    Of course!! Help yourself.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Which day? I like the 60's and 70's but tell me which one you want me to do and the day please!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Which day? I like the 60's and 70's but tell me which one you want me to do and the day please!
    Okay! I chose Saturday is the SWINGING '60s for you, Mantis Girl. You can also feel free to add anything, anywhere, at anytime you choose. So, if you wanted to do the 70s, feel free to add something that day. Thank you!!

Also, posting the schedule here so that we do not have to keep digging through the appreciation thread to see who posts when:
    Sunday is the SAVAGE '70s: Mr MajestiK

Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s: Dzub

Tuesday is the TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY: Chief Jon

Wednesday is the WILD '90s: Me/Whoever

Thursday is the TERRIFIC '30s & '40s; Abe

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS: Iron Maiden/me/whoever

Saturday is the SWINGING '60s :Mr MajestiK or Mantis Girl

Now, these aren't totally official or anything, so if you feel like doing a day, or you cannot do a day, or you just want to share something in the thread, feel free to do so/not do so.
    Last edited by Cold Water; 11-19-2015 at 04:34 AM.

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s

No Day - Time Stopped

Sub-Mariner Comics #26
    by Sydney Shores

Date : Cover indicates : June 1, 1948,
    but the issue was in store the 1st April
    as an homage to the wonderful world of the creatures of the sea

"- We must find the murderer !"

"-Sub-Mariner ! Who is he ? Never heard of him !"

NOT posted by Reviresco

Several stories in this issue, including, of course one, by the original inker, penciler and writer of the first Marvel-Timely hero, William Blake "Bill" Everett. Characters present in the issue : Namor, Namora and... the Blonde Phantom.

Please, don't let some moral concerns distract you : even if the poor kid looks innocent, the detective seems ignorant too. Perhaps the education is to blame during the end of the Golden Age and he hasn't read enough historical comics.

In fact, the scientific interest should require all your attention : an anthropometric study of the proportion of the legs reported to the torso could be rewarding. A peak is probably reached at the end of the 4O's. Hypothesis : a mutation (?!?) of the mythic "changing-size speedo" due to some atomic tests started, less than two years before the publication, on an atoll in the Marshall Islands.
    Last edited by Abe; 11-19-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s

No Day - Time Stopped

Sub-Mariner Comics #26
    by Sydney Shores

Date : Cover indicates : June 1, 1948,
    but the issue was in store the 1st April
    as an homage to the wonderful world of the creatures of the sea

"- We must find the murderer !"

"-Sub-Mariner ! Who is he ? Never heard of him !"

NOT posted by Reviresco

Several stories in this issue, including, of course one, by the original inker, penciler and writer of the first Marvel-Timely hero, William Blake "Bill" Everett. Characters present in the issue : Namor, Namora and... the Blonde Phantom.

Please, don't let some moral concerns distract you : even if the poor kid looks innocent, the detective seems ignorant too. Perhaps the education is to blame during the end of the Golden Age and he hasn't read enough historical comics.

In fact, the scientific interest should require all your attention : an anthropometric study of the proportion of the legs reported to the torso could be rewarding. A peak is probably reached at the end of the 4O's. Hypothesis : a mutation (?!?) of the mythic "changing-size speedo" due to some atomic tests started, less than two years before the publication, on an atoll in the Marshall Islands.
    Even though he is not the Namor most of us are used to reading, Atlas Era Namor is still pretty great in a wacky kind of way. I definitely appreciate both versions of him. More Namor to love!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Even though he is not the Namor most of us are used to reading, Atlas Era Namor is still pretty great in a wacky kind of way. I definitely appreciate both versions of him. More Namor to love!
    I love the idea of a younger, less experienced Namor having to deal with all kinds of wacky '50s fad menaces (UFO martians, Kaiju, EC-Style horror, over wrought love affairs). Actually, a flashback series like that is a way to bring Namor back to publishing if he is gone in contemporary storytelling for the foreseeable future after December. Even just a miniseries focusing on a young Namor basically being the last hero left dealing with all of this lunacy single-handed or with Namora until the likes of Marvel Boy and Venus show up and Destiny K.O.s him for decades.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I love the idea of a younger, less experienced Namor having to deal with all kinds of wacky '50s fad menaces (UFO martians, Kaiju, EC-Style horror, over wrought love affairs). Actually, a flashback series like that is a way to bring Namor back to publishing if he is gone in contemporary storytelling for the foreseeable future after December. Even just a miniseries focusing on a young Namor basically being the last hero left dealing with all of this lunacy single-handed or with Namora until the likes of Marvel Boy and Venus show up and Destiny K.O.s him for decades.
    Yesssss.
    I like how you think! They should make this so.

I wonder when they will publish the MMW for the end of the 40's, when the war is over and the super-heroes are facing some very wild concurrencies. I want to see how Bill deals with it. The issue is one of the last of the first volume of the series : one year later, Namor disappears... That's ONE of the reason I chose something from 1948...

It's not Atlas yet, btw (1951) ! I love this Era... It's for tomorrow (already today here) : Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS. It's for you : Iron Maiden/Cold Water/whoever - and that's a Fantastic Team ! Let us have a glimpse into the Library of Worlds, Great Ladies !
    Last edited by Abe; 11-20-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

365 Days with Namor, Day 300 - Friday is Fantastic Friends
    It's Clobberin' Time but this time Ben is on the receiving end! But all's well that end's well. Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four retells the origin of the FF but with a modern take on things. Namor still attacks the surface world with Giganto because of a misunderstanding fueled by Krang's treachery. Namor believes Atlantis and the seas are being poisoned due to the fault of the surface dwellers but it is really Krang who is causing it by some kind of toxin from sea wasps. Once the truth is discovered by Reed the real culprit is brought to heal. So now the FF and Namor become friends and bonus, Namor meets up with his WWII buddy Captain America also. Another Bonus....Jim Lee's regal and sexy Namor! (not sure if I got the day count updated right!)

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-20-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Perfect ! And even I can found Namor sexy ! Yes, I wrote that. Even if I would have preferred an image with Giganto. But for totally different reasons, of course. I love Reed's face, when Namor talks about Sue's faith... Poor Reed...

But I don't thank you for that Iron Maiden ! One more book I will need to get... You did it again.