Page 105 of 212 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3174
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You might be able to find the collected version. There were 12 issues since the agreement with Marvel lasted a year. the 11th and 12ths issues were a crossover with all the other Heroes Reborn titles, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America and featuring their version of the coming of Galactus. I liked the Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four the best of the group.

And I do have the page with Giganto but I didn't upload it! I will do that later. Imagine that...Giganto as rendered by Jim Lee! There is a Giganto in the Superhero Squad online game, which Maven and I used to play together. No Namor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You might be able to find the collected version. There were 12 issues since the agreement with Marvel lasted a year. the 11th and 12ths issues were a crossover with all the other Heroes Reborn titles, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America and featuring their version of the coming of Galactus. I liked the Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four the best of the group.

And I do have the page with Giganto but I didn't upload it! I will do that later. Imagine that...Giganto as rendered by Jim Lee! There is a Giganto in the Superhero Squad online game, which Maven and I used to play together. No Namor though.
    Heroes Reborn... No collected editions in my LCS for sure, but thinking about it maybe I've got some issues... Not sure... I bought a lot of back-issues and maybe they are among the ones I didn't even open to look inside. Nice covers with Doom and cheap so... it was enough... Will check that.

About the part in bold. First my imagination was focused on Giganto... When I read your first post the image popped up into my mind already. (I've posted a glorious Byrne cover with Giganto on the Namor's thread a few weeks ago. A few panels by Kirby too, and the thread turned into a kaiju fandom thread for a page or two... Nice moment... There was a video with a cuttlefish also, but later...).

But when I continued to read Lee's Giganto disappeared instantly... I tried to visualize what I was reading or misreading I don't know.. You used to play Giganto with Maven ??? Like if you were two kaiju monsters battling on line ??? It's a very interesting idea ! Hard to visualize BTW. Tell me if I have understood correctly please, because it changes things... Really...
    Last edited by Abe; 11-20-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 303

STRANGE TALES #107
    Plot by Stan Lee, Script by Larry Lieber, and art by Dick Ayere
    Cover Date: April 1962

It's Saturday on the east coast, so here we go!

Johnny upon seeing a lovely picture of Namor by his sister's bed devises a plan; "We never really handed him a decisive defeat! If I could take him on alone and lick him myself, it would be a real victory"....And since it was Friday and he didn't have school the next day he 'flames on' and takes off to; "Find old fish face and shellac him!".

His flame runs out midway in the ocean and he has to land on a large boat. The mates on the boat don't believe he is the Human Torch, and he can't prove it because his flame power needs time to recover. Next thing you know he is swabbing the deck like a common cabin boy.

Later when he can 'flame on' he flies to the middle of the sea and flame writes in the sky; "Namor, Human Torch challenges you". Some flying fish jump out of the ocean at that moment an one of them gets singed.

Namor just happens to be in the area and notices the burnt fish. Upon realizing it is torch that did it he curses him for an "insolent brat", but at the same time he don't want to kick his ass too hard because he is afraid Sue would grieve.

Johnny runs (flys) away while Namor chases through the air. Torch thinks he out maneuvers him by making Namor crash into an iceberg. Namor crashes inside of the ice but handles the problem with ease by; "Enlarging himself as a puffer fish does"! Once stuck in the ice he returns to normal size and easily slips out. On the next page Namor love taps Torch into la-la land and ties him helpless to a dolphin! LOL

Torch later wakes up and goes super nova and is able to stay aflame in the ocean as he leads Namor on a chase into an underground cave that collapses on Namor as Torch escapes.
    Johnny is exhausted and crawls upon a boat thinking; "I beat him...I beat him...". Namor though is hardly beaten and becomes a 'living drill' and he burrows out of the solid rock by using his mighty arms and spinning with the help of his ankle wings.

Namor chases him down and see that the boat is now far away. Giving him some credit for being a spunky teenager Namor thinks; "Perhaps someday I'll persuade him to join forces with me! A union of fire and water between the two of us, we could defeat the Fantastic Four and hold the entire world in our grasp". The narrator says below that; "But that nightmarish possibility will be a tale for another day".

What a fun read. I enjoyed pulling it out of my collection and reading it again!

This Swinging Sixties moment is dedicated to Jon's cousin and our banned friend Rev...

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    This Swinging Sixties moment is dedicated to Jon's cousin and our banned friend Rev...
    Thank you MG94. If you're reading this Rev, we love you.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Thanks for the review Mantis Girl 94. It was so nice and so funny. You need to do more ! I had totally forgotten this story... The singed flying fish ! The "puffer fish" power of Namor ! I enjoyed it so much as a kid. Thanks for reviving good memories, once more !

I have to conclude with the words of our dear Jon : "If you're reading this Rev, we love you." It's a not a bad thing to repeat it.

IN THE FIFTIES "MARVEL" IS CALLED "ATLAS "!!!

...IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN COMICS ARE IMPORTANT TOO

Pages scanned from an absolute must-have :
    Marvel Masterworks vol.104 - Atlas Era Heroes - From Sub-Mariner N° 33-43
    Basically the second run on the Sub-Mariner by his creator.. but also something more. Look at the first page of these two short stories from April and August 1955. No need to add that the middle of the 50's is a very strange time for the medium... If it's needed , it's time to learn more about the history of the comics and of the company you love. Because when you're dealing with Namor, you're dealing with something greater than you ! I mean History with an H, folks !

Now meet... OCTOPUS !!!

...then get prepared for... SWORDFISH !!!

I love comics with animals... If you find a way to read these two MARVELS you won't find any humans in them. I love animal-based comics, but I'm no nuts...
    Last edited by Abe; 11-21-2015 at 04:43 PM.

As long as were on the subject of creatures of the sea that live in Namor's Kingdom, here is Jim Lee's version of Giganto! I should have added it to the Friday post but here it is, better late than never

Oh... My... GOD !!!

So I guess that now it's Jim Lee's Giganto versus.... John Byrne's Giganto !

(Thanks a lot Iron Maiden !)

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

So is Namora or Namorita still around? Maybe one of them could replace him as the new Sub-Mariner.

"Relax Mister... I'm a strong gal.."

Subby deserves to be in good hands - the strong gal's ones are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 264

Before Namor and his mighty speedo, women WHEEEEEE!
    Then faint from all that WHEEEEE!

by Reverisco
    Yes ! I knew I've seen her before ! Namor and memories...
    Obviously even "Strong Gal" can WHEEEEE!

Dzub, can't wait to taste that : "Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s: Dzub" !

Did "Strong Gal" have a name? I like her outfit...with a few changes it could work even today!

Her outfit is absolutely perfect ! I used to name her "the nice pants lady" before... In the first years of Superman Lois Lane is perfect too : in the end of 30's and beginning of the 40's the fashion is really nice for comics ladies. They look ready to have an exciting evening at the Cotton Club !

More "Strong Gal" soon !...

Here she comes ! And when it's needed she doesn't hesitate to...

.....SLAP !

Only Strong Gal knows how to reanimate the Sub-Mariner ! He deserves it ! She does too !
    Last edited by Abe; 11-23-2015 at 12:36 PM.