Page 110 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    It's Tuesday! Time again for Namor in the . . .
    TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY!!!!

Following up on Last Tuesday we've got another Roy Allan Martinez Namor panel to enjoy (a great one in my opinion), and the cover to the issue containing said tale, Marvel Comics Presents (Vol. 2) #7.

The Cheung cover is only okay in my opinion. I appreciate his use of the Savage Sub-Mariner outfit, but I've never been too keen on Cheung's blocky figures and his backgrounds seem more-or-less like an after thought. I'll take the Martinez interiors any day!
    This was such a great gem of a story! I forget the woman's name, but she delivered a wonderful emotional punch to the gut about how Namorita's death effected Namor. And yes, Roy Allan Martinez's art was beautiful! I wonder what he's doing now too?

Cheung's Namor isn't my favorite, but he did a good job with him in the Illuminati mini, I think.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This was such a great gem of a story! I forget the woman's name, but she delivered a wonderful emotional punch to the gut about how Namorita's death effected Namor. And yes, Roy Allan Martinez's art was beautiful! I wonder what he's doing now too?

Cheung's Namor isn't my favorite, but he did a good job with him in the Illuminati mini, I think.
    I actually think that's the best work Cheung has ever done. I'm just not wild about Cheung's art on the whole.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Reed must sag. Side effect of his powers probably.
    I guess he makes up for it elsewhere and that's as far as I dare go. But on a side note, I think his powers explain why he looks like a kind of professorial type guy in the early issues and then gets seriously buffed later in Kirby's work. He can make his body's appearance change from thin to muscular. Or have one giant fist to clobber you with.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I guess he makes up for it elsewhere and that's as far as I dare go. But on a side note, I think his powers explain why he looks like a kind of professorial type guy in the early issues and then gets seriously buffed later in Kirby's work. He can make his body's appearance change from thin to muscular. Or have one giant fist to clobber you with.
    Would be interesting to see what his actual body type is, providing he's not the lean, fit scientist he appears to be.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Would be interesting to see what his actual body type is, providing he's not the lean, fit scientist he appears to be.
    I'm going with string-bean ectomorph since that's the role he seems to fill in the classic "Kirby Quartet" formula model that he used in Challengers of the Unknown, etc. I actually think that if Ben hadn't been so traumatized by his transformation to the Thing (say if he became super-strong and tough without being disfigured) that he would have led the FF and Reed would have been the more introverted "Professor" to Ben's "Ace"
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

I actually think that's the best work Cheung has ever done. I'm just not wild about Cheung's art on the whole.
    Also one of most enjoyable Bendis' I've read.

Cheung did some nice work on Doom in Children's Crusade. Overall, I do like Cheung, but like most comic artists, he has his own stylistic quirks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I never thought Reed had that much control with his powers. If so, you'd think he could be a master of disguise and change his body and face into anyone elses. Of course, I don't really see Reed actually exploring or practicing his powers much at all. His true superpower is his brain.

I'm going with string-bean ectomorph since that's the role he seems to fill in the classic "Kirby Quartet" formula model that he used in Challengers of the Unknown, etc. I actually think that if Ben hadn't been so traumatized by his transformation to the Thing (say if he became super-strong and tough without being disfigured) that he would have led the FF and Reed would have been the more introverted "Professor" to Ben's "Ace"
    Yeah, I'm with string bean. Though Kirby wasn't the only one to give him more bulk. Remember Dale Eaglesham's Reed? O_O

Wednesday is THE WILD '90s
    Day 315

Namor the Sub-Mariner #24
    by John Byrne
    Cover Date: March 1992
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-24-2016 at 12:14 AM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 315

"While Atlantis Endures ... "

Or until the next time my jealous eye falls on Warlord Krang trying to kidnap you.

by Reverisco
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-24-2016 at 12:14 AM.

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 316

All Select #5
    by Alex Schomberg
    Cover Date: Winter 1944
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-24-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Oh so great you are back Rev!

Oh, and respectfully Following your old numbering today should be 315

But looking at the calendar I think its day 337?
    Last edited by Mantis Girl 94; 12-03-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Time issues ? Feel free to use this if it helps !

Victor doesn't need it for the moment : he's not into power gems anymore. He just discovered potato chips, and as you know, when you eat one, it could take you some time to stop...
    Last edited by Abe; 12-04-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'd probably faint too if I found out that my outfit matched the floor.

But at least she is enjoying the fall--wheeeee! lol

EVERYTHING in that panel is MAGIC !!! Each time I see it, I can't help but WHEEEEE! and enjoy the fall ! Thanks for bringing it once more, Dermie !!!
    Last edited by Abe; 12-04-2015 at 12:56 AM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 316

I don't think calling Hulk a 'mindless ogre' is going to help convince him you are his friend, Your Highness.

by Reverisco
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-24-2016 at 12:09 AM.