Page 155 of 212 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3174
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Master Khan, Master Khan!!!!!!!

Maybe he kidnapped Thor-Ey....He is no where to be found!
    Ah, I see. Thanks!

What did you mean with the bolded statement?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Ah, I see. Thanks!

What did you mean with the bolded statement?
    Thor-El is another forum member, who has been heroically supplying us with our daily dose of Golden Age Namor in the Readathon thread. He missed today, and Mantis Girl was going through withdrawal.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, they certainly are snug!

I also find it amusing that Namor apparently wears more to bed than he wears during the day (his speedo). lol
    OMG. You are right! Why is he doing that? I blame Sue.

LOL. Good eye!
    Those pajama pants clearly have a powerful influence!
    I think the red striped PJ bottoms burned into the retina of the letterer, hence the color co-ordination.

One can only imagine what special features it would have or what accessories it would come with...
    And the imagination plunges to the gutter. Thank you so much. Normally, I'd google for some appropriate image, but there is absolutely NO WAY I'm googling Slutty Doom. ;p

Oh no! Namor has been fingered...by Master Kahn! Doom will not be amused!
    You are killing me! LOL! I'm doing the keyboard equivalent of covering my mouth to keep words from spurting out.

That is a very striking cover with a disturbing image (with or without 'fingering' puns)--but, come on, Kahn! You're supposed to be the big epic villain for the 25th issue! Couldn't you at least have gotten properly spiffed up for the occasion? Showing up on the cover in your nightgown with your hair still in curlers. Tsk, tsk.
    LOL! It does look like curlers!

You know, thinking about these Byrne issues, he didn't really have good villains for Namor, except maybe the Mars twins. Master Khan isn't a Namor villain.

This cover is also unusual for the abundant and dark shading. Very unlike Byrne.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 34

"I’ll spin around for maximum impact … WHIRRRR!"

Things Namor could also be thinking … when he enters a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The true business of the true Sub-Mariner! I think that's the first time I've seen that.

Hmmmm. This is from the 90s? Is it from the 90s Invaders book? Though the art looks more like Paul Ryan from FF.
    Not with those hairstyles and fashions. I wonder if it is a modern book set in an older time period....
    Yep, they do look dated. That's why I'm thinking one of the 90s Invaders book. But the art looks like Paul Ryan or even Buscema -- so maybe a flashback?
    That image was a little misleading. It's from Captain America #423 but I believe it's a fill in issue written by Roy Thomas and drawn by M.C. Wyman retconning how Namor and Cap first met. Namor kidnaps the President.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Thursday is the TERRIFIC '30s & '40s

"Such a man of action!"
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post

"Such a man of action!"
    This may be ABE's grandfather who said that!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Mighty Member

Master Khan, Master Khan!!!!!!!

Maybe he kidnapped Thor-Ey....He is no where to be found!
    Never fear my fair maiden, I'm back!!! That scoundrel Master Kahn can't keep me down! Head back to the Readathon thread, the next installment will be there in no time!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Never fear my fair maiden, I'm back!!! That scoundrel Master Kahn can't keep me down! Head back to the Readathon thread, the next installment will be there in no time!
    Your Hawkman avatar is cool! Do you know who the person dressed as Hawkman is? He looks familiar.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-04-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post

"Such a man of action!"
    Johnny Peril, do you know from which issue is this panel ? I really would like to see if Namor goes to North Africa and where - Casablanca would be nice...

This may be ABE's grandfather who said that!
    Lol ! I really like how French guys call Namor "Monsieur". Polite and respectful. It's nice. And Namor seems pretty enthusiastic to have fun in France or at least in North Africa. I really need to see the context...

Mighty Member

Your Hawkman avatar is cool! Do you know who the person dressed as Hawkman is? He looks familiar.
    Thank you Vernedi. That's actor/bodybuilder Bill Nuckols who played Hawkman in 1979's Legends of the Superheroes.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637733/
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Astonishing Member

OMG. You are right! Why is he doing that? I blame Sue.
    lol. Could be. After all, she has the other half of the outfit.

I think the red striped PJ bottoms burned into the retina of the letterer, hence the color co-ordination.
    LOL. That does seem a likely explanation!

And the imagination plunges to the gutter. Thank you so much. Normally, I'd google for some appropriate image, but there is absolutely NO WAY I'm googling Slutty Doom. ;p
    LOL. I accepted the challenge and did a search for "Slutty Doom" images...and believe it or not, I did find an image that included both Doom and Namor! It had Doom painting a portrait of Namor, and commenting on how challenging it is to paint Namor's eyebrows!

As for the Slutty Doom action figure...I image that there is a button you press and his armour falls away leaving him with just his mask and a thong. And his cloak inflates into a portable mattress....

You are killing me! LOL! I'm doing the keyboard equivalent of covering my mouth to keep words from spurting out.
    LOL. Well, they say laughter is the best medicine, so I am just doing my part to keep everyone healthy.

(and NO comment on the "spurting" thing....)

LOL! It does look like curlers!
    Yep, hair up in curlers, wearing his nightgown, fingering a half-naked man. Just give him some cheesecake and he could be auditioning for a guest spot on GOLDEN GIRLS...

You know, thinking about these Byrne issues, he didn't really have good villains for Namor, except maybe the Mars twins. Master Khan isn't a Namor villain.
    Yeah, he was definitely going a different direction for Namor in this series. More corporate themed villains, like the Marrs Twins and Headhunter, or environmental themed foes like Sluj or the Eco-terrorists in #4-5. Pretty much all of the traditional supervillains he used were borrowed from other books, like Master Khan, Super-Skrull, Plant-Man, Master Man and Warrior Woman, etc. It was definitely an unusual time for Namor.

It didn't help that basically the second half of Byrne's run was taken up by an arc focusing on resolving Iron Fist's fate. Namor was still central to the action--but the book wasn't exactly about him anymore.

Oh, no--its the return of Namor's crabs!!!!

Didn't you learn your lesson last time....? sigh.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Don't believe what Thor-Ey tells you my little snailtracklayingfriend!

It is really HIS hot body on the avatar; with Mr. Nuckols' head photo-shopped on top (it's cause Thor-Ey is shy and don't like to brag)
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Mighty Member

Don't believe what Thor-Ey tells you my little snailtracklayingfriend!

It is really HIS hot body on the avatar; with Mr. Nuckols' head photo-shopped on top (it's cause Thor-Ey is shy and don't like to brag)
    Arrgh! My secret is out!

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 35

Sub-Mariner #19
    by Allen Simon (unconfirmed)
    Cover Date: Spring 1946