Page 157 of 212 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3174

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s

"And I wonder, too, why we were permitted that vision of them- after death- unless... unless we, too were victims of the rapture of the depths!!!"

& FANTASTIC TEAMS

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Says a faint voice from the beyond.
    Snail fires sharp long distance calcium darts and nibbles on your arm with its 25,000 black fangs.

"I'M THE SNAIL-VERINE!!!"

Love-darts.jpg41627-large.jpg
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-05-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Gasp! :O *snail looks at Thor-El suspiciously*
    You can look suspiciously, while this one blushes!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    You can look suspiciously, while this one blushes!
    I had to defend myself from an attempted foot crush. :P

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS
    Day 36

Invaders #40
    by Dave Cockrum
    Cover Date: May 1979
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-12-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Snail fires sharp long distance calcium darts and nibbles on your arm with its 25,000 black fangs.

"I'M THE SNAIL-VERINE!!!"

Love-darts.jpg41627-large.jpg
    Thor-El skin is too thick and impervious to snail weapons but offers a round of ale to Snail-Verine, with gained respect, judges it a good warrior.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

BANNED

Thor-El skin is too thick and impervious to snail weapons but offers a round of ale to Snail-Verine, with gained respect, judges it a good warrior.
    Yay!

Thanks!

May I ask who are your Top 5 favorite characters from Marvel and DC?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

You have a great sense of humor beef cake!

Join the Friday Open Mic thread one of these Fridays please... (6-8 pst)
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

BANNED

Yeah! It's a lot of fun! This is my second Friday joining Mantis' thread. :3

Mighty Member

May I ask who are your Top 5 favorite characters from Marvel and DC?
    But of course my invertebrate friend, they are:

Namor
    Thor
    Superman
    Hawkman
    Hulk (WWH)

not on that order necessarily although right now Namor is number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    You have a great sense of humor beef cake!

Join the Friday Open Mic thread one of these Fridays please... (6-8 pst)
    For sure Mantis Girl, but should I bring beef or cake? Is there a link? I'm not familiar with that thread.

Never mind I just saw its a thread you started. Will try next Friday. Thanks for the invitation, MG.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 02-05-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added text
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Saturday is the SWINGING '60s

"Your words have brought me comfort, and your faith shall be my strength! Though you be aged and humble, it is for the likes of you I fight-- and for the likes of you I shall triumph!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Namor, fighting for the little guy!

Man, I miss Vashti! He was a great influence on Namor and one of the few male characters Namor got along with. He was more of a father or uncle to Namor than any of his relatives. And they really should have done more with him being a commoner, a poor farmer, that Namor raised to the nobility.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Man, I miss Vashti! He was a great influence on Namor and one of the few male characters Namor got along with. He was more of a father or uncle to Namor than any of his relatives. And they really should have done more with him being a commoner, a poor farmer, that Namor raised to the nobility.
    I concur. It seemed frustrating how in the decade leading up to Secret Wars, the writers seemed to make Namor very antagonistic. From his time with the X-Men in Utopia, the affair with Emma Frost, to Osborn's Dark X-Men, then the Cabal, the Incursions... just jab after jab. It wasn't pleasant.

That Namor is just aching for a fight. The next panel and sound effect make that exchange ... even if Namor gets the worst of it. LOL!

I forgot Namor used to call air breathers surface crawlers. Reminds me of nightcrawlers. O_O
    Another case where the "hero" would rather fight Namor than listen to him. When Cap finally does listen, after getting his butt kicked, he realizes Namor is right and leads to an end to the AvD war

Ah, Llyra! Her sins were indeed great! Which made her a great foe for Namor. Unfortunately, she escapes Namor's 'payment' thanks to Spider-Man, IIRC.
    And yet again the "hero" attacks without hearing Namor's side who was trying to apprehend Llyra earlier when she was posing as a innocent girl.

Mighty Member

I miss Vashti too, he was always a staple of the 60's cartoon. If I was going to make a new ongoing I would really look at those cartoons to see everything that really worked with Namor.

I concur. It seemed frustrating how in the decade leading up to Secret Wars, the writers seemed to make Namor very antagonistic. From his time with the X-Men in Utopia, the affair with Emma Frost, to Osborn's Dark X-Men, then the Cabal, the Incursions... just jab after jab. It wasn't pleasant.
    I haven't read none of this, as I've only followed Namor in Byrne's series and Avengers in the Roger Stern era but it sounds like a good case for Kree replacement retcon.