Page 168 of 212 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 66

Defenders #7
    by Sal Buscema
    Cover Date: August 1973
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Indeed, surface crawler!

Another great panel, Johnny Peril! Thank your for posting it. That has to be one of the most epic of Namor's battles, with all the bone crushing action penciled by King Kirby -- who was an emergency fill in artist for a sick Gene Colan! Great stuff.
    A great non stop battle and still enough pages to keep the reader up to date with what was going on in the heroes' personal lives. I think this was the first comics crossover.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Sunday is the SAVAGE '70s

"Nay, barbarian! If any are to die this day-- 'twill be you-- and your unnatural crustaceans!"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    A great non stop battle and still enough pages to keep the reader up to date with what was going on in the heroes' personal lives. I think this was the first comics crossover.
    Was this the one that crossed over from Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense? Or was that a previous issue? The one with the Puppet Master? I was thinking this one carried over to the Iron Man and Sub-Mariner one shot.

Sunday is the SAVAGE '70s

"Nay, barbarian! If any are to die this day-- 'twill be you-- and your unnatural crustaceans!"
    OMG! We can't get away from the crabs! Unnatural or natural! LOL! I used to say, 'you and your hideous dog,' from a favorite cheesy movie, but now I think I'm going to start saying, 'you and your unnatural crustacean!"

Great choice, from today's cover issue, I believe. Man, Sal Buscema was just hitting it out of the park on this panel. Swooping action, power packed punch, foreshortening, the diagonal horizon ... awesome!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s

"I came in peace and in peace do I depart! But the hatred you harbor in the recesses of your hearts for my people and I will one day head both our worlds down the path to destruction! If it is war you want, you will find Atlantis ready!"

365 Days with Namor, Day 66

"Think! I must think – THINK!"

Where did I put the car keys?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    *sigh* I don't hate the black suit...but I do wish it would be saved for special occasions rather than being his default outfit now.
    I agree 200%!

I'd say how Namor feels about his fans would very much depend on the day. Some days he would bask in the attention he feels is due him. Other days he would want the irritating pests to stop clinging at him like barnacles!

Prince Namor--patron saint of mood swings.
    Heh... barnacles. I think he just has a very short amount of patience and absolutely no filters.

Uh oh. Good luck with your hunt.
    First, I have to find the box. O_O

And given the design of it from the front, it really would be interesting to see the rear view!

LOL. Yeah, Stephen IS front and center, isn't he? He does block part of our view of Namor--but at least most of him is still in sight, really. And at least we get enough to see that unique speedo design!
    They must be magical speedos! That's why Stephen is trying to block Namor from sight!

Oh, yes, by all means men--don't let him scare you. Just ignore the fact that he just punched that guy and sent him flying so hard that his head broke through a wall! Don't let a little thing like THAT intimidate you...
    LOL! There is that little detail.
    It looks like there was some sort of explosion of water when Namor's fist connected.

Was this the one that crossed over from Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense? Or was that a previous issue? The one with the Puppet Master? I was thinking this one carried over to the Iron Man and Sub-Mariner one shot.

OMG! We can't get away from the crabs! Unnatural or natural! LOL! I used to say, 'you and your hideous dog,' from a favorite cheesy movie, but now I think I'm going to start saying, 'you and your unnatural crustacean!"

Great choice, from today's cover issue, I believe. Man, Sal Buscema was just hitting it out of the park on this panel. Swooping action, power packed punch, foreshortening, the diagonal horizon ... awesome!
    The set up started in Tales of Suspense #79 but they don't start fighting until Tales of Suspense #80 and it's carried into Tales to Astonish #82. Namor's angry because Iron Man scared off Krang and Lady Dorma who he was pursuing. Stark is also dealing with issues concerning Pepper.

Mighty Member

Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s

"I came in peace and in peace do I depart! But the hatred you harbor in the recesses of your hearts for my people and I will one day head both our worlds down the path to destruction! If it is war you want, you will find Atlantis ready!"

365 Days with Namor, Day 66

"Think! I must think – THINK!"

Where did I put the car keys?
    Love those Gene Colan expressions, as a fan of the cartoon, which used a bunch of Gene Colan artwork, that face, not the triangular one from Everett is the real face of Namor.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 67

Avengers #293
    by John Buscema and Tom Palmer
    Cover Date: July 1988

Astonishing Member

Heh... barnacles. I think he just has a very short amount of patience and absolutely no filters.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. lol

Although he can be charming when he wants to be...

They must be magical speedos! That's why Stephen is trying to block Namor from sight!
    ALL speedos are magical. Its just who is wearing them which determines whether they are good magic or black magic.

LOL! There is that little detail.
    It looks like there was some sort of explosion of water when Namor's fist connected.
    Hydro Man, is what you? lol

"You still have the loudest voice". Um...is Emma implying that Namor is a screamer??

And I love Dagger's surprise at Namor being the one to urge calm, rationality and diplomacy over a needless brawl. Feels like bizarre world, doesn't it?

365 Days with Namor, Day 67

"Ready yourself, brigand —"

The ever polite Namor gives Attuma a warning that he’s really going to enjoy knocking him out with one punch.

Tuesday is the TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY

"This is Namor. Namor. The terrible protector of Atlantis. In the name of God, what have I done?"

Creepy Shark Namor!

That story grows on me more and more.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 68

Sub-Mariner Revolution (2007) #6
    by Michael Turner
    Cover Date: January 2008