Page 171 of 212 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3174

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    LOL. That's a very tactful way of putting it.

Makes sense to me. lol

lol. Well, they were after his speedo for scientific reason--but I'm sure they would also appreciate it as a magical talisman!

We've certainly seen odder objects being used for magic spells (like that time a pair of Hawkeye's underwear was used to open a portal to hell...)

Yeah, no one has ever really been able to keep Namor quiet. lol

....now I find myself wondering if Namor shouts out "imperious rex!" when he climaxes.... :eek:

Yes, I do believe they were.

And somehow I doubt Namor has much patience for settling disputes in his court quietly in calmly. I suspect it is often more a matter of "Silence! Cease your witless prattle, so your king can inform you how this shall be handled!" :p

That is a very dramatic looking cover, with Namor swimming in against in-coming weapons fire.

The placement of his legs bothers me though. For someone swimming as fast as Namor undoubtedly is, his legs should be out behind him not dangling below him. It just looks off, imo.
    From that picture it looks like Namor must be right on top of the sub deck so perhaps he's in the process of slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Is this from one of those Spidey Super Stories? I don't even know what Namor is fighting. Though, I do enjoy hearing Namor give himself the pep talk. :)
    I'm pretty sure you referenced this story so maybe this will refresh your memory. (Hint; This battle doesn't end well for Namor.)

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    From that picture it looks like Namor must be right on top of the sub deck so perhaps he's in the process of slowing down.
    Almost makes you feel sorry for the U-boat crew. Almost.

I'm pretty sure you referenced this story so maybe this will refresh your memory. (Hint; This battle doesn't end well for Namor.)

Oh my. Is it Contest of Champions?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

365 Days with Namor, Day 71

"Why am I the only one covered with shark yechhh?"

"YOU are not Imperius Rex."

Imperius Rex = Yechhh repellent
    Is that from Peter David's X-Factor? I have a vague memory of reading this before, and laughing at Darwin's "nervous wrecks", and it sounds like his kind of pun. I really don't remember where it's from.
    There's ten years worth of comics in that run, it's wonderful, and I'm thinking of a reread.
    "Self has no time for this."

Almost makes you feel sorry for the U-boat crew. Almost.

Oh my. Is it Contest of Champions?
    Giant-Size Defenders #3, both Namor and Daredevil are killed in matches orchestrated by the Grandmaster but since their team wins they are brought back to life. A Steve Gerber, Jim Stalin, and Len Wein tale.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s

"Once I would have scorned the help-- nngn-- of those who formed the Fantastic Four! Such false, mad pride-- has been burned from me-- in days past! Help me-- please---- my friends!"

Astonishing Member

Surely everyone around Namor exercises tactful ways of expressing themselves. ;p
    It would seem to be the safest course. lol

Uhn, wut???
    It was from a THUNDERBOLTS Annual.

Hawkeye had gone to hell to try and rescue the soul of his late wife, Mockingbird. The Thunderbolts wanted to go after him to offer their help, and when Pluto was performing the spell to open the portal he said he would need some 'personal object' of Hawkeye's for the spell to make a sympathetic connection. Moonstone pulled out a pair of Clint's tighty-whities, which they used to perform the spell.

Yes, I'm sure that's what the told the non-believers. But the real story behind the Nazi pursuit of Namor's speedo.... Man, I need to go read that story. So much hilarity could come of this. I now picture Doctor Strange trying to make off with Namor's speedo!
    Yeah, that story was pretty hilarious as it was...and if I recall correctly it was all a big elaborate thing to explain why Namor was wearing the 'wrong' speedo in some time-travel story. lol

As for Stephen...perhaps he'd consider it just pay-back after that fashion intervention we discussed a while back. lol

I can't believe you typed that. Though I'm sure we've all thought it. LOL! Especially when Fraction was writing Namor and completely over used the Imperius Rex.
    I'm shocked I can still shock you at this point. lol

Exactly! Kieron Gillen did this story! The Judgement of Namor. It was great.
    I was unaware of this story, but that sounds fun! lol

This is one of my favorite covers! Then someone told me it was a homage to a Superman cover.
    Interesting.

Hmmm. The dangling legs do look a little off. But I think there is a moment when you are swimming when this happens.
    Could be.

Wow, Namor, that is quite a mouthful! Were you getting paid by the word??

365 Days with Namor, Day 73

"This court now … reclines. I warn you, even this strains my patience."

I wish I could recline on the job and warn people I’m grumpy cause I don’t want to be there.
    Of course, I also wish I had Namor’s body fat percentage.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 74

Marvel Comics Presents #7
    by Bob Layton
    Cover Date: Late November 1988

Astonishing Member

That could be it. Good idea.

The lighting really highlights Namor's ass in that first panel.

What? That wasn't the point of the page? Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Is that from Peter David's X-Factor? I have a vague memory of reading this before, and laughing at Darwin's "nervous wrecks", and it sounds like his kind of pun. I really don't remember where it's from.
    There's ten years worth of comics in that run, it's wonderful, and I'm thinking of a reread.
    That would be cool! If you do it online, let me know. I'd participate!

Sort of ... the second run of X-Factor. It was a one-shot clumsily titled, Nation X: X-Factor #1. So, it was around the Utopia time period. It also had a great panel of ... I think it was Scott trying to convince Madoxx the Utopia X-Men weren't villains, and turning around to see Magneto, Emma, and Namor standing on the stairs.

Giant-Size Defenders #3, both Namor and Daredevil are killed in matches orchestrated by the Grandmaster but since their team wins they are brought back to life. A Steve Gerber, Jim Stalin, and Len Wein tale.
    Man, I totally forgot that. So much I need to read again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s

"Once I would have scorned the help-- nngn-- of those who formed the Fantastic Four! Such false, mad pride-- has been burned from me-- in days past! Help me-- please---- my friends!"
    Another one I don't remember! Of course, Namor asking for help is so rare, I should!

Though, the head sort of looks like Rich Buckler from Saga of Sub-Mariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That could be it. Good idea.

The lighting really highlights Namor's ass in that first panel.

What? That wasn't the point of the page? Oops.
    LOL!

"I may die, but at least my ass looks great while I'm doing it!"

365 Days with Namor, Day 74

"CHAINS!!.Can they truly hope to hold the Sub-Mariner with these flimsy playthings–?"

I’m intrigued that Namor considers chains and manacles playthings.

Also, ‘Flop-Eared Prince”??? Namor’s ears don’t flop!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-17-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Another one I don't remember! Of course, Namor asking for help is so rare, I should!
    That is from an FF Annual. I forget the number (but I know it is approximately #22), but it is the one that concluded the "Atlantis Attacks" crossover.

LOL!

"I may die, but at least my ass looks great while I'm doing it!"
    LOL. Well, at least he has his priorities in order.

"Four against the gods"? Gods of what? That thing looks like someone decided to crossbreed a bear and a bat! lol

As always, Namor has his priorities in place--he's got the girl.

And see there, Stephen? We TOLD you that outfit was not combat appropriate. The nearly-naked people are still up and fighting, and the over-dressed guy is the one unconscious on a rock. I think we've proved our point.

Thursday is the TERRIFIC '30s & '40s

"Now I'm gonna give you bums the thrashing of your lives! Get ready!"

Thursday is the TERRIFIC '30s & '40s

"Now I'm gonna give you bums the thrashing of your lives! Get ready!"
    Is "bum" used in the U.S. in the same way we do here? Whether it's a deliberate double entendre or not, I'm amused.

That would be cool! If you do it online, let me know. I'd participate!

Sort of ... the second run of X-Factor. It was a one-shot clumsily titled, Nation X: X-Factor #1. So, it was around the Utopia time period. It also had a great panel of ... I think it was Scott trying to convince Madoxx the Utopia X-Men weren't villains, and turning around to see Magneto, Emma, and Namor standing on the stairs.

Thanks. I haven't got time at the moment for an online reads than of that size, although maybe in a few months. It's something I'd like to do actually, because it's a great run of comics.

I'm a sucker for any panel of Namor and Magneto together. They have a really prickly chemistry, but work surprisingly effectively together once they figure out how to fit two humongous egos in the one room.

image.jpg

Just noticed you've gone over 250,000 views for the thread. Impressive.