Page 177 of 212 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3174
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 86

"Boastful Braggart!
    Your vainglorious words do not impress a Prince of Atlantis!"

Cause the Prince of Atlantis is an expert on vainglorious words.
    I miss those two together.

I need to pull out my Roger Stern Avengers trades.

Wednesday is the WILD '90s

"Away, odoriferous one! Though you succeed where the man-machine failed... still shall I fight on, until my dying breath, till your ears fairly ring with the cry of... Imperious Rex!"
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, this is very clearly a fantasy sequence...not because the women are throwing themselves at Namor (although in Sue's case that IS something of a giveaway), but because of that overly-affectionate body language from Emma Frost! lol The White Queen does not 'snuggle'!

Although the classic green fish-scale speedo is always how I think of Namor, I have to say that blue one works quite well on him too. And its a pleasant surprise to see him in a speedo at all in a story from his time with the X-Men.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

365 Days with Namor, Day 87

"Fool! Beneath the sea I am supreme!"

Absolutely legit.

Yes, I've been away and have invalidated the 'DAILY' part of this thread. But hopefully I can get back on track.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Absolutely legit.

Yes, I've been away and have invalidated the 'DAILY' part of this thread. But hopefully I can get back on track.
    Good to finally have you back, Rev. It's been a while.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Absolutely legit.

Woohoo, she has returned!!! Good to have you back Rev, you've been missed. Hey isn't Ben Grimm stealing Namor's golden age catchphrase "Come to Poppa"?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 88

Saga of the Sub-Mariner #2
    by Rich Buckler
    Cover Date: December 1988
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Good to finally have you back, Rev. It's been a while.
    Woohoo, she has returned!!! Good to have you back Rev, you've been missed. Hey isn't Ben Grimm stealing Namor's golden age catchphrase "Come to Poppa"?

Thanks, guys! It's good to see you again too!

Ha! I do believe you are correct, Thor-El. "Come to Poppa!"

365 Days with Namor, Day 88

"WHAM!"

The sound of Namor’s knee smashing into a chin.
    Good thing His Highness didn’t knee him in the groin.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 89

The Twelve #1
    by Chris Weston
    Cover Date: March 2008

Mighty Member

365 Days with Namor, Day 88

"WHAM!"

The sound of Namor’s knee smashing into a chin.
    Good thing His Highness didn’t knee him in the groin.
    This was an extremely savage fight. Funny that Olivetti who drew Namor is now drawing Venom but I don't think this was Flash Thompson Venom. Would have loved to see Olivetti's version of this fight.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

This was an extremely savage fight. Funny that Olivetti who drew Namor is now drawing Venom but I don't think this was Flash Thompson Venom. Would have loved to see Olivetti's version of this fight.
    It was pretty brutal. But then again, the whole mini-series was a brutal. Namor's response to Venom's mutilation of his ankle wings! O_O

Nope, it was Mack Gargan ... who was the Spidey foe, the Scorpion, IIRC.

I'll have to reread Olivetti's Namor. I don't recall any major fight scenes there ... except maybe the Highlord? But yes, there's some sad ... serendipity? with creators that have worked on Namor. I was reading about the new Aquaman, which will feature three creators, who have all written / drawn Namor with little support, but who are now getting a big push doing Aquaman -- including this artist, Phil Briones.

365 Days with Namor, Day 89

"Witless clod! You are still out of your element! In the air I am also most formidable …

THOP"

You’d think hitting Abomination’s bony head would make a different sound.

Also, as a friend pointed out, born and bred for a 3D environment, Namor should be one of the best flyers in the MU.

Mighty Member

I'll have to reread Olivetti's Namor. I don't recall any major fight scenes there ... except maybe the Highlord?
    He did a great Wonder Man vs Hulk fight sequence in The Last Avengers Story, he is great at these slugfests, I own a couple of old sketchbooks of his I bought at Bud Plant. I would have been curious to see his take on this Namor vs Venom script.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 06-14-2016 at 08:30 PM.

He did a great Wonder Man vs Hulk fight sequence in The Last Avengers Story, he is great at these slugfests, I own a couple of old sketchbooks of his I bought at Bud Plant. I would have been curious to see his take on this Namor vs Venom script.
    I wouldn't have recognized that as Olivetti at all. It's nice, and has more movement than his work on Namor. Will have to keep my eyes open for sketch books.