Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 151

New Mutants #76
    Art by by Rich Buckler
    Cover Date: June 1989
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I saw the Namor figure that is apparently exclusive to Walgreens' stores. Very cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's Mike Deodato, from Hickman's New Avengers run. I'm pretty sure it was after Atlantis was destroyed and Proxima Midnight showed up. I'm thinking New Avengers 8 or 9.
    I knew I should have grabbed those collections when Comixology ran them on special.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I knew I should have grabbed those collections when Comixology ran them on special.
    LOL! Well, I'm sure they'll come back up... or the individual issues. They are sort of like the X-Men run, in that Namor is sprinkled through the run as BP's antagonist, rather than having his own story / arc, that you could pick up. There's an Avengers World story for Namor, but it got broken up kind of weird and wasn't written by Hickman, IIRC. I'm thinking it was Frank Barberie, but I could be wrong.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I saw the Namor figure that is apparently exclusive to Walgreens' stores. Very cool.

I've seen pictures, and have been posting some of them, on the Appreciation thread. Folks are doing some fun and cool things with it. STILL haven't seen one in person yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Alan Davis is so great, would be awesome to see him commited to a Namor ingoing or at least a mini-series. he is one of my favorite fantastic four artists, although he is good in anything.
    I love Alan Davis' work too -- a lot from his Excalibur. I don't think he's done much with Namor, however. I think the closest thing we got was Namor's appearances in FF The End -- an alternate future FF story -- and they were great!

365 Days with Namor, Day 151

“But first you must learn who is master here!”

This is absolutely NOT Fifty Shades of Griffin.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 152

Avengers Invaders #5
    by Alex Ross
    Cover Date: December 2008

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Alex Ross is a great cover artist, and I love his Namor. The way he's drawn the Cap/Black Knight fight is masterful too. Amazing anatomy/figure drawing. Also yummy.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Alex Ross is a great cover artist, and I love his Namor. The way he's drawn the Cap/Black Knight fight is masterful too. Amazing anatomy/figure drawing. Also yummy.
    He really did a great job with Namor in this series. And look at those GIANT ankle wings!!

Also love how he does Torch's flames and reflections, especially in Iron Man's metal armor.

365 Days with Namor, Day 152

“Eh?! I don’t want –”

No means NO, Doom!

Wednesday is THE WILD '90s
    Day 153

Namor #44
    by Geof Isherwood
    Cover Date: November 1993

365 Days with Namor, Day 153

“You may no longer hold the title of Sorcerer Supreme, but there’s certainly some life left in you!”

Some days, the fanfic just writes itself.

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 154

Marvel Mystery Comics #88
    by Sol Brodsky
    Cover Date: October 1948

AMERICA'S GREATEST CHARACTERS!

365 Days with Namor, Day 154

“… Hold still long enough for me to knock your silly, weather beaten carcass clear down to Davy Jones’ Locker, you Yankee moron! FIND ME AN AXE, Dorma!”

70 years later and Namor hasn’t changed all that much.