Page 199 of 212 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    They were right up until Disney acquired Fox. It's my guess Marvel's attempts at X-Men replacements will soon take a back seat to the real deal once more.
    Good point. Especially after the TV show. Let's just say I was disappointed all around. Though I hope Marvel will give the Inhumans one book, and return them to their particular oddness, instead of trying to make them X-Men.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As a modern umbrella for many religions, it should be Paganism, not small 'p', and it is wonderful and hilarious because of course Namor and Atlanteans are Pagans in the Roman-Greco mode.
    Ah, sorry about that.

And yes, that's it exactly! I think Namor meant apostate?

Reviresco said: And then there's the whole Attilan was built on the Atlantean island / continent before it sank ... though I've never been sure about how that exactly happened.

This is the story I favor. It also adds to my idea that Atlanteans may also be a stabilized genetic variant of Inhumans, or possibly Deviants. The time line could work, since we're talking immense periods of time before the last 2 to 4 thousand years.

The 'mutant' or X-gene/factor would more likely come from his father's side then. So in my view Inhuman and Mutant genes could co-exist (without neccesarily canceling each other out as Luna's genes have said to.)
    But that leaves out the REH stuff as well as Cleito and the magical side of Atlantis. I'm pretty sure that takes place between the Inhumans and Namor's Atlantis. Because remember, in the same story that made Atlantis the original home of the Inhumans, it also made it the original home of Morgan le Fay.

Oh no. Not the Deviants! This is making my head hurt. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 5

Blue trunks… And penguins.

One of my favorite Everett images of youthful Namor. Though I’ve always wondered why is he glowing???

This panel actually has a caption:

"Prince Namor was the son of a human being and a sea mammal. And it was soon discovered he could exist anywhere!"

The bolded part is in the caption -- and very prophetic of Namor's future at Marvel. It makes me hopeful.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-06-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS
    Day 5

Sub-Mariner #38
    by Syd Shores
    Cover Date: February 1955
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-05-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    [CENTER]

365 Days with Namor, Day 5

[SIZE=3]Blue trunks… And penguins.

One of my favorite Everett images of youthful Namor. Though I’ve always wondered why is he glowing???
    Perhaps the sun is reflecting off his glistening wet skin?

The design of his belt reminds me of the belt that Hercules wore in that old Hercules cartoon where Herc got his powers from a magic ring....

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Perhaps the sun is reflecting off his glistening wet skin?

The design of his belt reminds me of the belt that Hercules wore in that old Hercules cartoon where Herc got his powers from a magic ring....
    That's a whole lot of glistening. He's practically blinding that poor penguin. It's even looking away from that GLOW.

Magic ring ... like SHAZAM!? I don't think I've seen that cartoon. It kind of reminds of a 'modest' version of a wrestling belt. ;p

Poor penguin...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I'm drawing a blank on the REH, what is that?

And I completely forgot about the magical stuff and Morgan Le Fay... if you can refresh my memories and or approximate titles and issue #s.

Of course when you mentioned this, my mind did recall that (is/is not still canon?) there is a story where it is revealed that Agatha Harkness was/is an original Atlantean too.

Now, I'm not actually favoring the Deviants as a 'vital' part of Atlantean genetics (now also thinking about Malestrom an Inhuman/Deviant with some Atlant-io story going?)

but it could be a factor.

But now you got more possibilities that make it more complicated. I've had a personal theory that Salem's Seven, Agatha's tribe/related, must have something more than their magical thing going on, that they are possibly offshoots or stabilized/mixtures of Inhuman/Deviant ancestors. The shape-changing with some of them and the power sets that would seem more innate than just magical.

Its actually possible that I've read these in decades past and just don't remember all the details.

I remember the old Hercules cartoon from the '60s. He had a female companion or friend called Helena (blonde of course) and a centaur friend / ally who may have had a name like 'Newton'. so hard to remember. He was strong in his right, but when the going got really tough, he would raise the hand with ring up, some lightning stuff happened and he was stronger.

He was clean-shaven, no beard, but rather muscle-bound and dark haired.

365 Days with Namor, Day 6

“Let’s Team Up!”

“No! I Don’t Want To!”

Featuring the one and only Doctor Doom.
    In which both men speak plainly but do not come to an agreement.

This makes me think of the old song by Pet Shop Boys?

"I've got the brains, you 've got the brawn - -lets make lots of money!"

Astonishing Member

That's a whole lot of glistening. He's practically blinding that poor penguin. It's even looking away from that GLOW.
    Maybe its another of his secret sea-animal powers, like his inflating like a pufferfish. After all, don't some deep sea creatures have bioluminescent ability?

Magic ring ... like SHAZAM!? I don't think I've seen that cartoon. It kind of reminds of a 'modest' version of a wrestling belt. ;p
    Here is the opening theme of the Mighty Hercules cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrLM6UKcMPg

And here is a clip of him putting on his magic ring that grants him his super-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RqV2I71V8

I remember the old Hercules cartoon from the '60s. He had a female companion or friend called Helena (blonde of course) and a centaur friend / ally who may have had a name like 'Newton'. so hard to remember. He was strong in his right, but when the going got really tough, he would raise the hand with ring up, some lightning stuff happened and he was stronger.

He was clean-shaven, no beard, but rather muscle-bound and dark haired.
    Oh, I LOVED that Hercules cartoon! Especially the music, lol!

Hercules had such a deep voice, he would beat up the witch Sea Hag and his centaur friend would say "Get her Herc, get her Herc!"
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-07-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 6

Tales to Astonish #76
    Art by Gene Colan
    Cover Date: February 1966

365 Days with Namor, Day 7

“But I’m Also a Woman!”

In which Namora has needs.

From the Golden Age, back when Namor wasn’t so observant when it came to the ladies.