Page 209 of 212 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 34

Giant Size Defenders #3
    Art by Ron Wilson
    Cover Date: January 1975
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 34

“Leviathans have tried and failed! You will not eat the true Sub-Mariner!”

Hmmmm. Who knew leviathans were so eager to eat Namor?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Namor, Torch and Toro look fine on that cover....but what is going on with Cap and Bucky? I think the explosions have knocked Bucky off balance, because he is clearly about to topple over. As for Cap...it kinda looks like he is on his knees, but doing a muscle-man flex pose with his upper body.
    Bucky is seriously going to be hurt in that splash page, cause his legs are crossed in foreshortened in a most painful manner.

Cap's pose is pretty distinctive Frank Robbins to me. His figures seemed to be floating or bouncing around the panels in painful poses.

Because I always like to start my year with unrealistic piles of projects, I'm also going to try and complete an entire year of Namor panels. I'm giving up on the covers, right now, however, as my favorite site for such info, Comicbook Database, has gone on hiatus. If I can get the chronological order straight, I'll start them up again.

I'm going to catch up and do 3 days of posts.

365 Days with Namor, Day 1

“Maybe they’ll soon respect me!”

We can only hope Marvel editorial is listening, your Highness.

365 Days with Namor, Day 2

“Do I strike you as someone who’s just now realized how much better I am than everyone else?”

Never let it be said that Namor isn’t aware how awesome he is.

365 Days with Namor, Day 3

“I may be stuck in the body of this … musician … but I don’t have to endure his plebian fashion sense.”

Green speedo >>>>> Plebian ragged attire

Even with a ‘puny’ body.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Because I always like to start my year with unrealistic piles of projects, I'm also going to try and complete an entire year of Namor panels. I'm giving up on the covers, right now, however, as my favorite site for such info, Comicbook Database, has gone on hiatus. If I can get the chronological order straight, I'll start them up again.

I'm going to catch up and do 3 days of posts.
    i cant wait to see more of your posts Rev! I's always good to try even if it doesnt end up finishing. I loved that site too and saved the Namor order from there, as soon as the new blog updates are up and running there will be a google doc link to that list for Namor fans to read. I'm keeping it in google docs so I can constantly update it to make it better.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    i cant wait to see more of your posts Rev! I's always good to try even if it doesnt end up finishing. I loved that site too and saved the Namor order from there, as soon as the new blog updates are up and running there will be a google doc link to that list for Namor fans to read. I'm keeping it in google docs so I can constantly update it to make it better.

Thanks! I can definitely try. LOL!

I saved a copy for Namor too, but I've got to clean it up. Plus, I don't think it was being kept up near the end. It didn't even list Namor in the Invaders.

365 Days with Namor, Day 4

“Is that the stench of rotting fish I smell or – oh – hi, Namor!”

“Be silent, you mindless minnow.”

Betty Dean can only face palm over the Mindless Minnow…. err, Toro’s death wish.

Thanks! I can definitely try. LOL!

I saved a copy for Namor too, but I've got to clean it up. Plus, I don't think it was being kept up near the end. It didn't even list Namor in the Invaders.
    Oh yeah I've already added those appearances in my doc since they were left out and not even put in the right places for the first few invaders. the series had started in Jan. but wasnt added till later in the year. I should have things HOPEFULLY up and running by the end of the month, will do my best to get things set up quickly.

LOL! I love Namor and Toro's interactions XD we barely got anything good in the last Invaders series.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh yeah I've already added those appearances in my doc since they were left out and not even put in the right places for the first few invaders. the series had started in Jan. but wasnt added till later in the year. I should have things HOPEFULLY up and running by the end of the month, will do my best to get things set up quickly.

LOL! I love Namor and Toro's interactions XD we barely got anything good in the last Invaders series.
    In some ways, I love Namor and the sidekicks interactions even moreso than Hammond and Cap. They are so ... blunt. LOL!

I'm trying to figure out Grand Comicbook Database ... it has more info, but it harder to find stuff.

365 Days with Namor, Day 5

“A Prince of the Blood must be ever obeyed!

No matter the moment – no matter the place!”

No matter if you’re a dinosaur that doesn’t understand English or Atlantean!

In some ways, I love Namor and the sidekicks interactions even moreso than Hammond and Cap. They are so ... blunt. LOL!

I'm trying to figure out Grand Comicbook Database ... it has more info, but it harder to find stuff.
    The GCBD is so hard to find anything! I hate the way the site is set up or maybe I'm too used to CBD. I always liked Namor interacting with sidekicks even if he doesnt have one of his own because its very fun, like with Loa, Toro, Bucky etc.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think they were going to overhaul it but I know what you mean. Sometimes what should be a simple search gives you a whole lot of listings to sift through.