Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    who was the artist? namor never looked so...kawaii
    Kawaii? LOL! The Golden Age is full of wonders. I think Namor looks pretty kawaii in the MiniMarvels.

I'm not sure where this came from, but I suspect it's from Namora's book. If so, the artist would be Ken Bald, I believe.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS
    Day 9

Sub-Mariner #34
    by Carl Burgos
    Cover Date: June 1954

A nice cover by the creator of the Human Torch, with Namora, though I didn't recall her playing damsel in distress in the story.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:36 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 9

"This Collar is Killing Me!"

by existentializzy

The sequel to Day 7, where Namor takes Namora out for dinner and dancing. Also, proof Namor doesn't like having his neck covered up. ;p Though he certainly dresses up nicely in a white dinner suit.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 10

Fantastic Four #6
    by Jack Kirby & inked by Dick Ayers
    Cover Date: September 1962

Another Namor first, the first Super-Villain Team Up of the Marvel Universe!
    Namor and Doom Frenemies Fourever!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Why do you guys think current Marvel are so afraid having Namor in his small short bathing suit? To me he looks so average in a full costume while when he only has the shorts, you see his whole muscular body and he looks more intimidating, look like some Greek God/force of nature. Is it the male creators being prude about the whole bare chest thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Why do you guys think current Marvel are so afraid having Namor in his small short bathing suit? To me he looks so average in a full costume while when he only has the shorts, you see his whole muscular body and he looks more intimidating, look like some Greek God/force of nature. Is it the male creators being prude about the whole bare chest thing?
    Well, there's been a bit of discussion on that in various sexualization threads. Some of it is that and some of it is simply preference. When asked about it, Tom Brevroot said the character couldn't be taken seriously in the speedo, which is just BS, IMO. Namor was taken at his most serious as a character by Marvel in the 40s - 70sl, when he wore the speedo, as opposed to now, when he's in the black suit. He also sold much better and was far more popular.

OTOH, there's a good reason for the black suit in All New Invaders. James Robinson and Steve Pugh haven't said as much, but it seems clear to me, that they are using the new black suit to differentiate between Namor's adventures with the Invaders in the present, from his speedo wearing days in the past, that they flashback to fairly often.

I tend to agree with what you said, it makes him unique amongst the superhero set, and it fits the character. But even amongst Namor fans, there's folks that like the full body black costume and those that don't. I prefer the green swimming trunks, myself, obviously.

365 Days with Namor, Day 10

Namor has a gift for languages.

by existentializzy

And? And? And??? What is the 10th language?!?! I have pondered this question every since I saw this panel. ;P
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 11

Sub-Mariner #22
    by Marie Severin & inked by Frank Giacoia
    Cover Date: February 1970

Wow, that invasion was over quick. This is Namor's first meeting with Dr. Strange, and the predecessor to the Defenders, as Roy Thomas wraps up a story he started in the cancelled Dr. Strange, here and in the Hulk -- both books he was writing.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:28 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 11

Welcome to the Sub-Mariner’s Bachelor Pad!

by existentializzy

Thank God this pin up page didn't come with a soundtrack.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 12

Defenders #80
    by Rich Buckler & inked by Bob McLeod
    Cover Date: February 1980

Second part of the Ear Wings vs the Buzzard People storyline! Still waiting for the 80s to get Marvelous. Though Namor putting the Imperious Rex on some bad guys on this cover with the original Defenders is pretty marvelous.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 11

Welcome to the Sub-Mariner’s Bachelor Pad!

by existentializzy

Thank God this pin up page didn't come with a soundtrack.
    what soundtrack would you give this?

i wonder if any females in the MU can resist this bachelor pad
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    what soundtrack would you give this?

i wonder if any females in the MU can resist this bachelor pad

Who could resist! Extinct species! Viking figureheads! Strange things hanging from the ceiling that it's better not to ask about. LARGEST PEARL IN EXISTENCE!

Given it was teh 60s it could be something really horrible. Though, Namor should have better taste. <eyeballs that pin up decor again>

EDIT: The Look of Love popped into my head, followed by the Yellow Submarine.

365 Days with Namor, Day 12

"Slow Down, baby! Daddy wants a piggy back ride."

by existentializzy

Back when Namor was adopting the vernacular of the surface world, baby. Though Daddy still talks in third person. AKA the first of many conversations Namor has with torpedoes.

Gotta love the Golden Age.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 13

Marvel: The Lost Generation #7
    by John Bryne
    Cover Date: August 2000

I don't have this issue, but from what I've read online, it's John Bryne retconing in a superhero team in the time between the 50s last appearance of the Timely superheroes, and the 60s appearance of the Fantastic Four. It also runs backwards, meaning the first issue released is #12 and the last issue released is #1.

365 Days with Namor, Day 13

"Edicion Especial!"

by existentializzy

I think this is a Spanish version of Namor's Silver Age book. Better fire up Google Translate again, since I haven't mastered 10 languages, so far. ;p
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:20 PM.