Page 4 of 212 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wednesday is THE WILD '90s
    Day 14

Namor the Sub-Mariner #1
    by John Byrne
    Cover Date: April 1990

Given today's news, I think this is an entirely appropriate cover. Namor 'died' in Atlantis Attacks, only to get a brand new book by a major talent a few months later. Here's hoping history repeats itself.
    Imperius Rex!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 14

Above, the heckling of hyenas and the whining of jackals ...

Above, the evasions of the deluded and the complaints of the selfish ...

"But the world-under-wave wears the shadowed shroud of silence"

by fans of Namor the Sub-Mariner

Today, with the murder of Namor, I'm taking a break from exisitenializzy's 365 days of Namor.

I thought about just posting a big black square, which would express my feelings far better than any words I could come up with. But I remembered this scene, one of many sad scenes of Namor grieving for someone he has lost, and thought it was perfect. Yes, it was Lady Dorma's funeral procession, but I imagine Namor's wouldn't be that different from his queen's -- if his city hadn't been leveled and his people decimated.

And of course, Roy Thomas supplied the beautiful words, which some fellow Namor fans altered a bit to fit the shabby death Jonathan Hickman gave Marvel's oldest and best character.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thursday is THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 15

Marvel Mystery Comics #10
    by Alex Schomberg
    Cover Date: August 1940
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Namor will return I just know it. I'm betting he somehow ends up on Battleworld.

I was recently re-reading the one shot Made Men that was a tie in for the Dark Reign era and it shows how Doom re-attached Attuma's head and brought him back to life. Just this past month alone, he brought back Cassie Lang and Jericho Drumm. Maybe Doom can do the hat trick and work on getting Namor back, except who knows where the Molecule Man took them

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Namor will return I just know it. I'm betting he somehow ends up on Battleworld.

I was recently re-reading the one shot Made Men that was a tie in for the Dark Reign era and it shows how Doom re-attached Attuma's head and brought him back to life. Just this past month alone, he brought back Cassie Lang and Jericho Drumm. Maybe Doom can do the hat trick and work on getting Namor back, except who knows where the Molecule Man took them
    Probably, but it's depressing still, after a disappointing run in Hickman's Avengers. But if the covers are to believed, some version of Namor will be on Battleworld.

It's possible, given that Doom does have a role in Hickman's Incursions battle, but considering how their last meeting went, I'm not sure why Doom would do so. And that was a surprisingly good story in Made Men. Of course, unsurprisingly they never did follow up on Doom and Attuma's team-up against Namor.

365 Days with Namor, Day 15

"Okay, just stop."
    In which mini-Namor thinks mini-Black Bolt is saying something dirty.

by exisitenializzy

Is THIS why Black Bolt wanted to murder Namor???
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS
    Day 16

Sub-Mariner #35
    by Carl Burgos?? & Sol Brodsky??
    Cover Date: August 1954

I'm not sure if this means the giant squid is a communist too, or this fleet of Russians just happened upon Namor when he was squid wrestling?

Obviously I'm behind, but will try to catch up this weekend.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:23 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 16

by AtlanteanPrince

These at hand, and are quicker to put up, so the next few days will feature Namor + Text by AtlanteanPrince.

Also, a carpet of roses is a problem we all have to deal with, right?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 17

Fantastic Four #9
    by Jack Kirby & inked by Dick Ayers
    Cover Date: December 1962

Namor as a movie producer was pure gold, and his plan to end the FF -- Sue excepted -- was pure genius!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:23 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 17

by AtlanteanPrince

I think Namor may have the most expressive eyebrows in the Marvel Universe, and that is not bias speaking at all.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 18

Sub-Mariner #23
    by Marie Severin
    Cover Date: March 1970

Not one of Namor's best rogues, IMO.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:22 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 18

by AtlanteanPrince

Is that disapproval from Cap or envy?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-04-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 18

Sub-Mariner #23
    by Marie Severin
    Cover Date: March 1970

Not one of Namor's best rogues, IMO.
    namor could do with a rogues overhaul..too many share a similar aquatic theme
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    namor could do with a rogues overhaul..too many share a similar aquatic theme
    I admit, Orka doesn't top my list. If they do Tiger Shark --who I do like, but not in his shark head mode ---please, please, please, change Dr. Dorcas name. DorkAss only inspires laughter.

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 19

Defenders #81
    by Rich Buckler & inked by Al Milgrom
    Cover Date: March 1980

Third part of the Ear Wings vs the Buzzard People storyline! Where things do not appear to be going well for the Defenders. I love the idea of Dr. Strange trying to physically restrain Namor, who is trying to save the Hulk -- again.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-21-2020 at 10:21 PM.