Page 41 of 212 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Attachment 21280

"What's that Lassie? Bucky fell down the well?"
    Hahahaha.

Flipper was Namor's special animal friend before he crowned himself "king of the sea". It's been cold since the album release. They no longer squeek or text.

image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

365 Days with Namor, Day 114

Namor & Valkyrie, frolicking in the ocean.

by existentializzy
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-10-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm running a bit behind and I've got more errands to do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Nice cover. Generally I think I liked the idea of the Cabal more than the execution though.

I really like Granov's take on Namor in the Cabal one off. It wasn't much more than a few panels, but I think the sleekness of his style would work really well for a longer Subbie book.Attachment 21250
    I agree 100% on the execution of the Cabal. I had such great expectations of the fun that could come out the Cabal, and was very disappointed. Of course, had we gotten a mini-series, like the Illuminati, of them interacting and doing stuff, that could have helped things, but we didn't even get a one shot out it.

Granov's Namor is nice, but he's way too expensive, and slow, for us to see him on a Namor book -- barring Namor getting a movie and thus a push from Marvel. Plus, I think his backgrounds are far too minimal for a Namor book, if it was underwater.

I really like the composition of the Acuna cover. I almost titled that post, Villains Looking Down Their Noses At You.

Wtf??? But..but... but, I thought he liked nothing more than whacking U-Boats.

Bet he was schmoozing with a lady who likes turtlenecks.
    LOL! That sounds entirely plausible. But he did whack the U-boat. He just didn't feel like hanging around for the clean up ... time better spent with a lady.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-25-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Red swim trunks?!? I've seen the blue ones before, and of course the green ones are the classic Namor outfit...but red ones?? Must have been a special occasion.....
    I'm not sure where the red trunks came from. But I think they were on a couple of early Kirby Silver Age stories. Bowen even did a variant statue of Namor with the red trunks.

Attachment 21280

"What's that Lassie? Bucky fell down the well?"
    That was my thought too! But I couldn't think of the aquatic equivalent of a well.

Hahahaha.

Flipper was Namor's special animal friend before he crowned himself "king of the sea". It's been cold since the album release. They no longer squeek or text.

image.jpg

LOL! Yes, the dolphins definitely get into Aquaman Silver Age crack. You guys have inspired me for tonite's panel choice, which given the news this week, is entirely timely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Yes, the dolphins definitely get into Aquaman Silver Age crack.
    Wow, I read that too quickly, and came away with something far less appropriate! lol

Astonishing Member

Namor always seems to have a grand time when he's with animals.
    I love how happy and playful Namor looks here.

Wow, I read that too quickly, and came away with something far less appropriate! lol
    Hahahhaha. You just added a butt to that crack, didn't you? ;p

I love how happy and playful Namor looks here.
    Me too! Namor seems like a guy who enjoys his powers and physical abilities. Of course, it went racing down hill a few panels later.

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 115

Tales to Astonish #74
    by Gene Colan
    Cover Date: December 1965

"When Fails the Quest!"

The Quest was a Stan Lee fantasy storyline that was reprinted later in Sub-Mariner Specials / King Size issues. This issue was one of the threesome mentioned below. It also featured a great Bill Everett cover.

Last edited by Reviresco; 05-11-2020 at 08:57 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 115

In perfect synergy, I present:

Bobby Drake, the Iceman, trying to get Namor's attention with a dolphin.

It all makes sense now.

by Reviresco
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-13-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Hahahhaha. You just added a butt to that crack, didn't you? ;p
    Yes, yes I did. lol

Me too! Namor seems like a guy who enjoys his powers and physical abilities. Of course, it went racing down hill a few panels later.
    Awwww. Well, at least he got to be playful for a few moments (and look darn sexy while he was at it)

[CENTER]
    Speaking of being playful...

Its even more unusual to see Valkyrie having fun like this. Those two would have made an interesting couple; its kind of a shame it never went any further than this.

365 Days with Namor, Day 115

In perfect synergy, I present:

Bobby Drake, the Iceman, trying to get Namor's attention with a dolphin.

It all makes sense now.

by Reviresco
    Lol. He really does have a death wish, calling a pissed off Namor a perv. I note that Bobby has sculpted ice-Namor in the trunks, and not the blue onesie. Fine choice.

I thought I'd read all the Utopia era X-Men, but I don't remember that scene at all. Where's it from?

Lol. He really does have a death wish, calling a pissed off Namor a perv. I note that Bobby has sculpted ice-Namor in the trunks, and not the blue onesie. Fine choice.

I thought I'd read all the Utopia era X-Men, but I don't remember that scene at all. Where's it from?
    It's from one of the anthology mini-series they did, Manifest Destiny or something -- boy that title should have been a big clue to the fate of Utopia. I'll see if I can find the exact book.

Of course, Bobby went for the trunks in his sculpt. ;p

As far of a death wish, yes, some ... painful verbal deflation / statue destruction should have occurred. At the very least, Bobbie should have gotten the Imperial Stare. I tend to put it down to a Bobby's highly biased view / wishful thinking of how his day goes, as I can't recall Bobby ever being part of the command meeting with Namor and Magneto and Cyke and company.

Awwww. Well, at least he got to be playful for a few moments (and look darn sexy while he was at it)
    Yes, that's another superpower of Namor's. Looking damn sexy at all times. Though being drawn by Jim Lee didn't hurt, either.

This was actually kind of a cool story. It was silent with very few captions, IIRC. If I can find the scans I'll post them in the appreciation thread.

Speaking of being playful...

Its even more unusual to see Valkyrie having fun like this. Those two would have made an interesting couple; its kind of a shame it never went any further than this.
    Well ...I'll post the follow up panels. I always liked them together. Their relationship was built up over many issues of Defenders, unlike the Flash relationship with Val.

It's from one of the anthology mini-series they did, Manifest Destiny or something -- boy that title should have been a big clue to the fate of Utopia. I'll see if I can find the exact book.
    Worry not. I'm reading about 5 things at the moment, and that era X-Men is one of them. I'll find it.

As far of a death wish, yes, some ... painful verbal deflation / statue destruction should have occurred. At the very least, Bobbie should have gotten the Imperial Stare. I tend to put it down to a Bobby's highly biased view / wishful thinking of how his day goes, as I can't recall Bobby ever being part of the command meeting with Namor and Magneto and Cyke and company.
    We'll pretend this page came directly after. It's appropriately chilly.

image.jpg

Still running behind, sorry.

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 116

Sub-Mariner #33
    by Sal Buscema
    Cover Date: January 1971

The destruction of Atlantis ... again!
    Also, those fickle Atlanteans ... again.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-11-2020 at 09:05 PM.