Page 55 of 212 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    A great cover! Headhunter was certainly an interesting looking villain. I was pleasantly surprised to see her turn up again after all this time a couple of years ago in the VILLAINS FOR HIRE miniseries. Although her original gimmick doesn't work too well as a recurring bit once it was exposed the first time, she still had other tricks (with her hypnotic powers) and a unique look, so its good that she didn't disappear into limbo forever.
    Bryne definitely gave didn't stint on the art.

Yes, I was stunned to see Headhunter back again. She's a bit specialized for a villain, but she'd work fine for Stark or Iron Fist, amongst others.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Even more hilarious, when one remembers that Namor's first encounter with Tamara's people was the all male crew. ;p
    A whole lot of blushing going on there...or perhaps they were flushed rather than blushing...hmmm.

I was always under the impression that they were a couple. Though I don't recall seeing them break up. She just sudden showed up with Tiger Shark, IIRC.
    Yeah, I was pretty sure they were an item at some point (and given Namor's track record with the ladies, if they were dating chances are pretty good they were also intimate)...but then she just sort of faded into limbo. He went from a red-skinned aquatic alien lover to a green-skinned aquatic alien lover (Marrina). Add Dorma to that (although she isn't alien), and Namor's bed-partners start to look like they spilled out of a box of Smarties or Skittles or something. Who's next...a yellow skinned lover?

(and suddenly my brain flashes back to Namor's encounters with Nebulon from his Defenders days....)

I love Namor's tank of Anti-Flame Fluid. He obviously came prepared
    A bit pretentious though..."anti-flame fluid". Most of us just call it "water".

A whole lot of blushing going on there...or perhaps they were flushed rather than blushing...hmmm.
    So, not going there. ;p

Yeah, I was pretty sure they were an item at some point (and given Namor's track record with the ladies, if they were dating chances are pretty good they were also intimate)...but then she just sort of faded into limbo. He went from a red-skinned aquatic alien lover to a green-skinned aquatic alien lover (Marrina). Add Dorma to that (although she isn't alien), and Namor's bed-partners start to look like they spilled out of a box of Smarties or Skittles or something. Who's next...a yellow skinned lover?

(and suddenly my brain flashes back to Namor's encounters with Nebulon from his Defenders days....)
    Namor is the Captain Kirk of the MU.

Skittles. LOL!

Yes, Byrne completely ignored Tamara for the Marrina relationship, which is probably one of my least favorites of Namor's relationships.

A bit pretentious though..."anti-flame fluid". Most of us just call it "water".
    Heh! But of course, it's not like Namor is known for his lack of pretension. ; p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

So, not going there. ;p
    lol. Coward.

Namor is the Captain Kirk of the MU.
    Its true, really. Tamara, Marrina, the Alien Sea-Slug Queen from X-Men, humans, Atlanteans....

Probably the only Earth-based person in the MU (not including Starfox, since as a space-traveller he has an edge) to have slept with more alien lifeforms would be Johnny Storm.

Skittles. LOL!
    "Taste the rainbow"....

Yes, Byrne completely ignored Tamara for the Marrina relationship, which is probably one of my least favorites of Namor's relationships.
    That relationship didn't really do a lot for Marrina either. It pretty much got her dropped from ALPHA FLIGHT...but with the Avengers she was generally treated as just "Namor's wife" rather than a hero in her own right. It wasn't until the short-lived ALPHA FLIGHT series from a couple of years ago that I really found Marrina interesting, when they revamped her a bit to be a bit more influenced by her alien nature.

Heh! But of course, it's not like Namor is known for his lack of pretension. ; p
    Very true!

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 151

Sub-Mariner #38
    by Marie Severin and John Severin
    Cover Date: June 1971

John Severin's inks on this issue were amazing. I wish he had done more issues of Subby's book.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-31-2015 at 09:48 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 151

"Prince No-More!"
    Only Herc would dare.

by Reviresco
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-25-2020 at 11:35 PM.

lol. Coward.
    Discretion is the better part of ...

Its true, really. Tamara, Marrina, the Alien Sea-Slug Queen from X-Men, humans, Atlanteans....

Probably the only Earth-based person in the MU (not including Starfox, since as a space-traveller he has an edge) to have slept with more alien lifeforms would be Johnny Storm.

"Taste the rainbow"

Exactly. LOL!

I'm not sure Namor would appreciate the comparison to Johnny. ;p

That relationship didn't really do a lot for Marrina either. It pretty much got her dropped from ALPHA FLIGHT...but with the Avengers she was generally treated as just "Namor's wife" rather than a hero in her own right. It wasn't until the short-lived ALPHA FLIGHT series from a couple of years ago that I really found Marrina interesting, when they revamped her a bit to be a bit more influenced by her alien nature.
    That's true, and then she sort of got fridged. But I didn't find her all that interesting without Namor, either. I know it's popular amongst some readers, but she had too many self-esteem issues for me. Are you talking about the Pak and Van Lente Alpha Flight? Because, yes, I agree. That was a far more interesting Marrina -- though she was sort doing a riff on Namor. I was disappointed that Namor didn't even get mentioned by her, in that series.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure Namor would appreciate the comparison to Johnny. ;p
    Perhaps not...but it doesn't make it less true (a Skrull ex-wife, an Inhuman, an Atlantean (Namorita), Princess Valeria of the 5th Dimension, etc)

That's true, and then she sort of got fridged. But I didn't find her all that interesting without Namor, either. I know it's popular amongst some readers, but she had too many self-esteem issues for me. Are you talking about the Pak and Van Lente Alpha Flight? Because, yes, I agree. That was a far more interesting Marrina -- though she was sort doing a riff on Namor. I was disappointed that Namor didn't even get mentioned by her, in that series.
    Yeah, pre-death Marrina could be a bit clingy and insecure for me. I liked her to a degree, but wasn't all that invested in her. The Pak/Van Lente version was much more interesting. I didn't really think of her as a riff on Namor then, although I can see how it can come across that way.

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 152

Defenders #119
    by Ron Wilson and Terry Austin
    Cover Date: May 1983

Hero vs Hero Old School!

365 Days with Namor, Day 152

Sorta Hero vs Sorta Hero, really Old School!

by Reviresco
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-25-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Perhaps not...but it doesn't make it less true (a Skrull ex-wife, an Inhuman, an Atlantean (Namorita), Princess Valeria of the 5th Dimension, etc)
    Suddenly, I see Namor giving Johnny the 'how to take care of your lady' speech that he gave Reed in the Illuminati mini.

Yeah, pre-death Marrina could be a bit clingy and insecure for me. I liked her to a degree, but wasn't all that invested in her. The Pak/Van Lente version was much more interesting. I didn't really think of her as a riff on Namor then, although I can see how it can come across that way.
    I agree. I enjoyed the Pak / Van Lente Marrina far better. She reminded me of Golden Age Namor, to a degree, in her 'angry young person' personality. Plus, there were intriguing questions of her background that begged for stories.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 153

Namor #4
    by Salvador Larroca
    Cover Date: September 2003

Does anyone have that panel of Namor laughing in Steve's face when he asks him to join the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Does anyone have that panel of Namor laughing in Steve's face when he asks him to join the Avengers?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    lol, thanks.