Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'm agog to know how the saga of his highness, the underwater show, and all that feminine pulchitrude went. Can anyone shed any light?

And why did he interview for the position in an underwater show wearing a suit, when he wears Speedos for everything else? At least it's emerald green like the tiny pants I suppose.

Still loving the thread.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 02-01-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    "Self has no time for this."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I'm agog to know how the saga of his highness, the underwater show, and all that feminine pulchitrude went. Can anyone shed any light?

And why did he interview for the position in an underwater show wearing a suit, when he wears Speedos for everything else? At least it's emerald green like the tiny pants I suppose.

Still loving the thread.
    Glad to hear it!

It's from the Atlas Era run in the 50s. And it's pretty amazing hilarious. I think it has one of my favorite "OMG, Golden Age LMAO I can't believe they did that to Namor My sides hurt Best costume EVAR" panels. I was saving it for later in the year, but hey, we've made it through a whole month, and a difficult one, so I'll try to get it posted tomorrow.

And I'll see if I can find the story info for you.

Oh, and Namor wore a surprising amount of clothes in the Atlas run, much like he wore alot of clothes in the John Bryne run in the 90s. Both Namors are surprisingly mellow and have adopted much of the lifestyle of the surface world.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Best awful costume? I await with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 31

"What a magnificent mess of feminine pulchritude!"

by exisitenializzy

Well, that explains why His Highness was interested in another job.
    And he got dressed up in a suit and everything.
    Beautiful....looks like Bill to me. Don't ask me about inking with one small panel though. Great thread. That Maneely cover is interesting too. He was a wonder at war covers not so good with Namors' face maybe.

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 32

Iron Man #25
    by Marie Severin
    Cover Date: May 1970

Seething Sea the Sub-Mariner!
    Got to love the alliteration!

Also, while there's practically no Namor merchandise now, you can actually find this cover used in licensed merchandise like posters, wooden plaques, shadow boxes etc.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-16-2020 at 01:07 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Best awful costume? I await with interest.
    Yep, it's fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Beautiful....looks like Bill to me. Don't ask me about inking with one small panel though. Great thread. That Maneely cover is interesting too. He was a wonder at war covers not so good with Namors' face maybe.
    Thanks! Glad to see folks enjoying it.

It is Bill Everett from some of his best Namor art, IMO. You can see it better in Day 30, which is another panel from the story. I thought Everett did his own inking in the Atlas era?

I agree on the Maneely cover -- his Namor isn't my favorite -- but the Russians and the ship look great. Reminds me a little of John Severin's work.

365 Days with Namor, Day 32

"Namor!!! You old sea dog!!!"

by exisitenializzy

I dare you to find a more FABULOUS Namor costume.
    What these panels don't show is he's wearing knee hi leggings / socks to match his cut off opera gloves.

Plus, this story from Young Men 27 has PIRATES!
    You can check it out here:
    http://namor-daily.livejournal.com/196549.html
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-05-2020 at 12:44 AM.

That is outstanding. He totally, totally owns it. That's a real man wearing the high collar emerald leotard, opera gloves, knee high socks, and a hat I have no language to describe. Fabulous indeed.

Thank you muchly for a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 32

"Namor!!! You old sea dog!!!"

by exisitenializzy

I dare you to find a more FABULOUS Namor costume.
    What these panels don't show is he's wearing knee hi leggings / socks to match his cut off opera gloves.

Plus, this story from Young Men 27 has PIRATES!
    You can check it out here:
    http://namor-daily.livejournal.com/196549.html
    how would you feel if your namor dream can only happen with this costume?
    i'd be fine with it
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

That is outstanding. He totally, totally owns it. That's a real man wearing the high collar emerald leotard, opera gloves, knee high socks, and a hat I have no language to describe. Fabulous indeed.

Thank you muchly for a good laugh.
    You are welcome. It's one of my favorite panels, and I'm glad other people enjoy it also.

And I agree. Not only does he own it, but he shows it to Namora and hits on her! Namor is a man who is extremely confident in his own sexuality.

I'm going to go with that lovely site, and call that hat "The Fiiiiin!"

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    how would you feel if your namor dream can only happen with this costume?
    i'd be fine with it
    LOL! A few of years ago, when Marvel's All Ages line was hitting it's stride, a Namor story in this costume would have been hilarious. Hmmmm. That gives me an idea.

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 33

Fantastic Four #219
    by Bill Sienkiewicz & inked by Joe Sinnott
    Cover Date: June 1980

We take a break from the Defenders covers for a guest appearance in FF. Of course, Giganto is hogging most of the cover, but Namor is there on the upper left. I also love the banner with all the things you can SEE in this issue.
    Also of note, a Bill Sienkiewicz Namor before his work became more stylized.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-16-2020 at 01:06 AM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 33

"That was your first mistake, puny human!"

by exisitenializzy

Back in the day when Namor regularly used the words "puny humans."
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-05-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 34

Fantastic Four v2 #42
    by Carlos Pacheco
    Cover Date: June 2001
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-16-2020 at 01:05 AM.

So I don't know if this thread is the place to ask this but I've just read solicitations for Avengers World #19 and it seems to me that Namor isn't dead I hope it's not a past issue before Avengers #40 of the Jonathan Hickman's run because I really like Namor as a character and I hate that he was "killed off" along with the cabal but I doubt that these guys are dead I mean Thanos gone without even a fight? I don't buy it.
    Anyways IMPERIUS! REX!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard2099 View Post
    So I don't know if this thread is the place to ask this but I've just read solicitations for Avengers World #19 and it seems to me that Namor isn't dead I hope it's not a past issue before Avengers #40 of the Jonathan Hickman's run because I really like Namor as a character and I hate that he was "killed off" along with the cabal but I doubt that these guys are dead I mean Thanos gone without even a fight? I don't buy it.
    Anyways IMPERIUS! REX!!
    Imperius Rex! Welcome to the thread! It's more about celebrating Namor's past 75 years of appearances with decade specific panels and covers. There's a Namor Appreciation Thread here for general chat and appreciation:

http://community.comicbookresources....iation/page137

Namor's appearance in that future Avengers World is actually a flashback to his time with the Cabal. Remember, Hickman's Avengers books jumped ahead to 8 months in the future.

But, Namor, and Thanos, were on the cover of Secret Wars #1, so that may mean he's not really dead, if the cover isn't misleading. Keeping my fingers crossed.