Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Angela: Asgard's Assassin, #2

• What on Earth has made runaway Angela return to grimy old Earth?
    • Is it fighting? It's probably fighting. It's usually fighting. You know what she's like.
    • (Spoilers: It's not fighting. More spoilers: it does involve fighting, but she honestly wasn't planning it, no, really, honest.)

Full article here.

This has great potential. As long as quality is kept high, ill support all the way through

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Still loving the artwork. I hope this series lives up to its potential.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

so long as they keep the A+ talent on this book, I don't see how it could fail...so excited for this!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to the issue - partly to see her kick ass.

Astonishing Member

I have 0 interest in this character, but the preview is compelling.

I have almost zero interest in Angela; however the first issue was amazing. I love Gillen's writing and the artwork is sublime.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

so what all exactly are the relationships here? Angela is Odin and Freyja's biological daughter? Why the mutual animosity with Thor? Who is this baby?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Phil Jiminez should do a run on Thor when the series reverts back to the Odinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what all exactly are the relationships here? Angela is Odin and Freyja's biological daughter? Why the mutual animosity with Thor? Who is this baby?
    the baby is Odin and Freyja's new baby .

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Yes, she is their daughter. The baby has not yet been really explained, it appears Angela takes place a bit in the future relative to the other Asgard books, so this is the first place the baby has appeared. At the end of Fraction's run, Freyja said she was pregnant, (and Odin was the father) but that was over 2 years ago, and it hadn't been touched on since then, so it seemed like it was dropped. If it is the same baby though, it becomes the heir to the throne since Thor is illegitimate and Loki is adopted, and not even Asgardian at all. Come to think of it, i guess that means technically Angela is heir now, but I don't think it will actually come to that. It could be that this story will lead to Asgard ditching hereditary inheritance of rulership, or at least have it based less on blood and more on worth, since clearly Thor or even Loki at this point would be a much better candidate for ruler than Angela. This new baby could end up being a good ruler, I suppose, but there is clearly something not quite right about her... I imagine Thor's animosity is because she just kidnapped his baby sister, and Angela has been raised to hate Asgardians in general.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-03-2015 at 01:32 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Not saying he deserves another shot at the throne, (because he was a dreadful king), but funny how Balder has disappeared since he was brought back from being dead. You think he'd show up as a face in the crowd at least. He's Odin and Frejya's son (and Angela's full brother) too.
    "Self has no time for this."

I thought he was still dead... Last I saw him was in Gillen's Journey Into Mystery/Fraction's Thor, leading an undead hunting party in Limbo. I think it's actually HIS hunting party that Angela fought in the first issue... though he was not present. I guess I may have missed something tho.

Cus yeah, if alive, he would be the rightful heir by lineage.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I thought he was still dead... Last I saw him was in Gillen's Journey Into Mystery/Fraction's Thor, leading an undead hunting party in Limbo. I think it's actually HIS hunting party that Angela fought in the first issue... though he was not present. I guess I may have missed something tho.

Cus yeah, if alive, he would be the rightful heir by lineage.
    I've just looked over the issue. (22 of Fraction's Mighty Thor). Kelda and Bill bring Balder back from undead limbo to defend Thor who's on the Doom ring. I assumed he hung around after, although they could have sent him back in an off panel moment. I don't believe he's been seen since.

It's a really bad comic, I'd forgotten I had it. It's also the one where Freyja says she's pregnant.

He was a really bad king either way. Doesn't deserve another shot, but I like the character and I'd like to see him around.

Isn't there another son? I know Tyr is dead, but wasn't there someone or other the swift; who's almost never mentioned? I can't quite remember.
    "Self has no time for this."

Extraordinary Member

Not like Thor or Loki were better kings. None of his kids are really good rulers, now that I think about it...