Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Another killer Omega Hulk chapter. Loved Red Hulk's exit from this issue as he plummets into a volcano.

That was awesome. Really enjoying Duggans run so far.

Only I didn't care for 'We got the science I need.' Such an awkward line. Science? How about readings, information, telemetry?

I'm ready to go on Part Two.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Let's come to accept the facts. None of Earth's heroes or villains (let alone egotistical General Ross/Red Hulk) are going to stop Doc Green/Hulk. If anyone is gonna stop Doc G, it's gonna be Bruce Banner. And if not Banner alone, there's always the possibility that the other Hulk personas/incarnations may ally themselves with Banner in order to put an end to Doctor Green's sinister agendas.
    No argument here. It will come down to Bruce or his Hulk. No question about it.

But even given that, they still need to make Doc Green unbeatable, before Hulk humbles his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy this whole backup-plan thing either. If it was a backup plan, why was everyone in the lab still there? Why wasn't the AI moved offsite? Why was he worried about the needle breaking? Not buying it.

Anyhow, I'm sort of mixed on the issue as a whole (7 out of 10 with my review) and honestly, Doc Green is starting to bug me a bit. He seems a bit too... perfect. Every single plan of his seems to go off with a single problem, with him always winning or being somehow one-step ahead when it doesn't even make sense at points (like this issue). It's a bit too Gary Stu-ish if you will (not complete, since he is dealing with some issues in secret) and I'm hoping for him to actually fail for once in his plan at some point. Just getting a bit boring and tiring if he wins all the time from my personal point of view.
    You make a really good point, Doc Green is a Gary Stu: strongest one there is, and now the smartest one there is, teleportation, succeeding in his plans every time. I love Hulk but I can't connect/sympathize Doc Green, he's clearly the antagonist. I hadn't read the Maestro, but it appears to be going in that direction? Betty said that the Terronometer said that Bruce Banner was a threat and isn't no longer. Maybe it's Doc Green now especially when we see his dream from Hulk #9. I'm dying to know Doc Green's motivations.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

That's because you are not suppose to sympathize with Doc Green, clearly.

And he's not Gary Stu. Honestly, people like you using that term so freely it has lost all meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was disappointed with the issue, as already stated in the Appreciation Thread.
    Yeah, one could say it was part of the plan, but I don't buy it.
    Part of the backup-plan maybe, but was it really necessary to let Hulk scream like a girl *Noooooo the needle!* and *My aaaaaarm!*
    That was just humiliating.
    Out of all the people Hulk fights, why did it have to be Red Hulk who humiliates him this much?

And btw, he can't use his Absorption Power anymore, so I don't see this as the plan, althought he theory has some nice thoughts.
    You need to remember who Ross is, of course he would put up a better fight than the others.

He's General f'n Ross, if someone was going to humiliate Doc Green, it would be him. Banner too, but that'd be at the end.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 01-07-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Just asking. How Long has Hulk been Doc Green? This sounds pretty cool. I know Tony healed him with Extremis, but has he been like this since issue #1?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Let's come to accept the facts. None of Earth's heroes or villains (let alone egotistical General Ross/Red Hulk) are going to stop Doc Green/Hulk. If anyone is gonna stop Doc G, it's gonna be Bruce Banner. And if not Banner alone, there's always the possibility that the other Hulk personas/incarnations may ally themselves with Banner in order to put an end to Doctor Green's sinister agendas.
    Oh trust me, I want to see Banner and Green Scar come together to put an end to Doc Green once and for all. He's basically the Spock of Hulks for me and I hated Spock.

Ultimate Member

What happened to Hulk's healing factor?

He had to fix his broken arm back into place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What happened to Hulk's healing factor?

He had to fix his broken arm back into place.
    That's what I've been wondering myself. Usually his healing factor is so intense to the point that even major wounds heal in mere seconds/moments. Even broken bones mend and set themselves. Even in Loeb's run, after Red Hulk broken his arm, Savage Hulk's broken arm mended and healed itself by the time he woke up.

Though it seemed to be working in Hulk #9 when his brain had a violent hemorrhage and exploded/ruptured. Maybe he suppressed it during the fight with Red Hulk to further deceive him into thinking he had the advantage? It's certainly possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Just asking. How Long has Hulk been Doc Green? This sounds pretty cool. I know Tony healed him with Extremis, but has he been like this since issue #1?
    It could be argued that Doc Gree made his official debut in the Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man mini-series. But for when he began officially calling himself Doc Green, it began in Hulk #5.

I'm enjoying this series much more than the previous one and it was nice to see the files Murdock is holding for Banner is brought up in this issue. It was one of the more interesting parts of the Indestructible series for me. I can't wait to find out the details of these files.

Oh and:
    The one and true hero of this issue was Matt Murdock.

Seriously, this guy really earns being called *The Man without fear*
    He tells TWO Hulk's to fuck off while shooting them sticks in the ear.

Fantastic Member

Oh and:

And they actually listened to Murdock. Imagine Spidey, bless his heart and super-strength, trying a stunt like that.

It could be argued that Doc Gree made his official debut in the Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man mini-series. But for when he began officially calling himself Doc Green, it began in Hulk #5.
    Thank you so much. I'm gonna start picking this up.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh and:

Well said my friend. Could not agree more!