Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I remember things my friends told me five years ago.

I didn't say anything about recognizing her face. I'm more confused about why Lois didn't remember the name.

It's odd not only because it's canon that she knew about her but also because she and Clark are best friends. Do we really think that during the five years they've been friends Lois and Clark never talked about their pasts?

I'm not bothered by the retcon; it's just something I noticed. Personally, I think it would have been fun/interesting if Lois had remembered.

Wait? I didn't say anything about wanting Lois to reiterate Lana's life story. I just think it would have been a nice callback if she had said Lana's name a few times before saying something like she thinks she remembers Clark mentioning her once. Anyway, it's not a criticism but more a missed opportunity. It's always nice when writers remember little bits of continuity like this one.
    I'm not arguing with you. It's a nice catch on your part. I'm just saying it's completely believable that someone with Lois's career, under the influence of Braniac mind control (?) and in the middle of a pretty crazy experience might not have remembered

man i gotta love the krypto appearance i love that Dog more scenes with him plz.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I'm not arguing with you. It's a nice catch on your part. I'm just saying it's completely believable that someone with Lois's career, under the influence of Braniac mind control (?) and in the middle of a pretty crazy experience might not have remembered
    I kind of think being controlled by Brainiac would be even more reason to show Lois remembering Lana. What's the use of having a 12th level intellect inside your head if it can't help you access stored information to more easily facilitate your manipulative schemes? And, frankly, someone with Lois's career would be expected to be even better than most with remembering stories and names. Lois has been in plenty of crazy situations, so I'd imagine it would take a lot to shake her. But still, I get your point. I'm just saying that a call back would have been a nice nod to continuity.

BANNED

I kind of think being controlled by Brainiac would be even more reason to show Lois remembering Lana. What's the use of having a 12th level intellect inside your head if it can't help you access stored information to more easily facilitate your manipulative schemes? And, frankly, someone with Lois's career would be expected to be even better than most with remembering stories and names. Lois has been in plenty of crazy situations, so I'd imagine it would take a lot to shake her. But still, I get your point. I'm just saying that a call back would have been a nice nod to continuity.
    but doesn't that beg the question why braniac felt it was important for lois to remember that? remember he's the one in control here not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    but doesn't that beg the question why braniac felt it was important for lois to remember that? remember he's the one in control here not the other way around.
    Yeah, um, I don't need to be reminded who is controlling who. Why would it be important for Lois to remember Lana? It's not important, but it doesn't make much sense to me to suggest that being possessed by Brainiac would make it more difficult for Lois to recall information in her own head.

It was nice to see Steel. It was a lame way how Lana and Lois were introduced to one another (I only read this and SM/WW. So if they've met in the past in another title, I have not read it) So yeah pretty good issue. I'm interested in where this arc is going.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    It was nice to see Steel. It was a lame way how Lana and Lois were introduced to one another (I only read this and SM/WW. So if they've met in the past in another title, I have not read it) So yeah pretty good issue. I'm interested in where this arc is going.
    They met in Superman: Doomed.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Incredible Member

Awesome issue. This is the first thing I've read from Pak's Action Comics, and I'll probably read his whole run now. (I guess the crossover worked!)

My favorite part of the issue is Batman. Pak nails their friendship, and it's just cool how Batman very casually removes the rest of the DNA evidence. It also doesn't bother me one bit how he just showed up out of nowhere, and while the rest of the heroes + Luthor sped away, Batman just sauntered his way out of there.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

This is a Greg Pak book, so it's pretty good.
    Superman's sanity slippage is pretty well done, I kinda like how he hasn't move beyong well intentionned angry guy yet.
    Makes wonder about that apparent controversy on wether or not Diana should have checked Clark's appartement first. She obviously was right to check the Fortress first, that's where he went, that's where he would be if he could enter. The book even implies that's the only reason he is in Metropolis in the first place is because the whole infection thing does a number on his mind, making him underestimates/not care about the danger he poses in that state.
    Anyway. I can see a parralel between mindcontrolled Lois and Superdoom going on here, so I guess the end of the cross is the two fighting "to the death"?
    Pak is giving new directions to Steel and that looks pretty cool.
    And Krypto, as always, is my favourite supporting character on the Superman cast. That dog is adorable.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Hahaha, I just realized Lana in this books looks like JL8's Lex Luthor:

Screenshot_2014_05_16_03_33.jpg

Screenshot_2014_05_16_09_36.jpg

I thought this was a really good issue. I feel like Pak has been doing a great job on Action Comics. If I had an issue it was that the art work and the changes in artist felt a bit jarring. It didn't ruin the issue for me, it just didn't make the issue as great as it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Makes wonder about that apparent controversy on wether or not Diana should have checked Clark's appartement first. She obviously was right to check the Fortress first, that's where he went, that's where he would be if he could enter. The book even implies that's the only reason he is in Metropolis in the first place is because the whole infection thing does a number on his mind, making him underestimates/not care about the danger he poses in that state.
    Responding in the SM/WW #8 discussion thread here.
    Last edited by misslane; 05-16-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I don't know what all the haters are thinking...Pak is KILLING it!!!!!!!

This is my (a marvel fan) favorite DC book by far! I am almost tempted to read more and more of SM and my dad's collection. I have never read any of the death of SM or anything about Doomsey but I love this arc! I wish Pak was doing the whole thing.

SM and Action Comics is a Diamond in the rough that many are missing the boat on! I cannot think of one book that I enjoyed more this month

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No, people were upset because others wanted Superman to have beaten Lex for real. Those other people didn't want it to be the result of Doomsday making Superman act a certain way, and instead thought the idea of Superman attacking Lex was a good thing for Superman to do in his right mind. I always wanted it to be either Superman acting out because of Doomsday's influence or some sort of hallucination -- anything that wasn't Superman literally brutalizing Lex while completely in control of his senses. So I am pleased with the outcome, while I imagine others who wanted Superman to be the kind of guy who typically acts more like Superdoom are disappointed.
    Lol, you're only referring to me and I said nothing about wanting Superman to be anything like Superdoom. Jeezus.

I said, I wouldn't be too hard on the guy for kicking Lex's can. Nothing about "Yes please brutalize him"