Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rogue's costume design is really bad. The no face and tight hoodie do not work and instead of fixing it for volume 2, it is actually worse. Acuna continues to disappoint on the art.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue's costume design is really bad. The no face and tight hoodie do not work and instead of fixing it for volume 2, it is actually worse. Acuna continues to disappoint on the art.
    Agreed, it's awful looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It's like a throwback to when he was on the X-Men when Rogue was leading.
    Pretty sure Remender never knew Rogue had Sabes on a chain in Supernovas. This is just coincidence.

Back in 2006, Rogue looked amazing, used to get covers and was kicking ass and taking names. Now she is faceless and barely recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by junir View Post
    That it's all just filler BS which will give Remender a free pass to do whatever he wants without screwing up the main 616 universe.
    Given the presence of what looks like a Knight of Wundagore (Tigorr?) in that first scan, plus the "Counter-Evolutionary" title, it seems clear to me that he's using the High Evolutionary (who already has a connection to Pietro & Wanda) to set up some major revelation about the twins. Not exactly a huge mystery.

Pretty sure Remender never knew Rogue had Sabes on a chain in Supernovas. This is just coincidence.

Back in 2006, Rogue looked amazing, used to get covers and was kicking ass and taking names. Now she is faceless and barely recognizable.
    God, that was such a great run. Then Messiah Complex had to come along and ruin it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Given the presence of what looks like a Knight of Wundagore (Tigorr?) in that first scan, plus the "Counter-Evolutionary" title, it seems clear to me that he's using the High Evolutionary (who already has a connection to Pietro & Wanda) to set up some major revelation about the twins. Not exactly a huge mystery.
    didn't the high evolutionary slaughter the knights, under the impression that the celestials were immensely ticked off by what happened with the gardener and exitar?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    didn't the high evolutionary slaughter the knights, under the impression that the celestials were immensely ticked off by what happened with the gardener and exitar?
    As a matter of fact, the High Evolutionary was tricked by Zuras, who told him that the Celestials were coming and that he had to destroy all superhuman branches of Humanity to save the baseline humans, and later he made the High Evolutionary appear as the instigator and take the fault.

I hate when they treat the High Evolutionary as a chump. If Reed Richards was able to check that the Celestials weren't coming, the High Evolutionary should be able too. They made the tech of the Eternals more advanced that the High Evolutionary's despite he having created stuff way more impressive than them in the past. They made Faira Sar Namora able to badly hurt him, when his armor had proved too tough for anybody weaker than the Hulk (and that was when he was trying to commit suicide and was encouraging the Hulk to kill him). They made Zuras crush him like a fly, when he had fought Galactus in a duel and survived.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He made more. Not exactly a huge challenge for him.

Very cool art, but I wish that Art Adams can do an arc, as well.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-02-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Spectacular Member

I love the art and normally love Remender, but AXIS left such a bad taste in my mouth and this team doesn't especially interest me.

I'm with you Jen. I hate this art. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I'm with you Jen. I hate this art. Ugh!
    Personally I think Acuna really suits this book. I'm glad he stuck around

BANNED

I'll check out the first issue for the art alone.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the first run but skipped axis. Will probably jump back in again, Marvel and their events 😠.

Not a bad preview, but I'm really not a fan of this team now. If this is supposed to help unify Avengers and X-men, why is there only one X-man? Sabretooth doesn't count, even if he's inverted. And now that the Maximoff twins aren't mutants, they don't count either. So what kind of unity is that? They could've at least let someone like Storm or Beast play a part. That might have helped, but I'm not feeling this team anymore. I hope Secret Wars does a better job.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.