Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hey guys. Dumb question. How have they been handling Diana's secret identity in the New 52? I was under the impression that everyone knew who WW was, but in the scene where she vista (visits -- stupid autocorrect) Cat, she introduces herself as Diana but doesn't really look any different.
    Last edited by Shadow 5; 05-21-2014 at 01:23 PM.

She's used it only sporadically. She didn't use any at all until she showed up to Lois and Jon's housewarming party as Diana Prince so she could be Clark's date. But she's used no secret identity at all in her own book and doesn't make much effort to disguise herself otherwise, much like here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 5 View Post
    Hey guys. Dumb question. How have they been handling Diana's secret identity in the New 52? I was under the impression that everyone knew who WW was, but in the scene where she vista Cat, she introduces herself as Diana but doesn't really look any different.
    It seems to be one of those things she does whenever she feels like it.

Nobody ever seems to recognize her so I can't say I blame her for not being thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

Nobody ever seems to recognize her so I can't say I blame her for not being thorough.
    I blame the writers and artists whose inconsistency and poor logic forces people to accept their flawed handling of the identity or make them work overtime to suspend their disbelief.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

When she decided she wanted one she could easily have had Batman, Cyborg, or somebody else set her up with a secret identity for those anybody who came knocking. As long as they are thorough, I'm sure it'd hold up under any sort of cursory scrutiny from others.

If you're talking about "Why isn't Diana Prince recognized as Wonder Woman", it's probably the same reason that Power Girl doesn't get recognized when she's being Karen Starr. It's just a common genre affectation.

Yeah, thanks, it was just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I mean it's not like the glasses on Clark make any sense (as longtime comic fans, we just accept this), but they make more sense than Diana wearing a brown coat. It doesn't really bother me either way, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 5 View Post
    Yeah, thanks, it was just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I mean it's not like the glasses on Clark make any sense (as longtime comic fans, we just accept this), but they make more sense than Diana wearing a brown coat. It doesn't really bother me either way, though.
    Well, it's not just the glasses, it's a complete act and clothes several sizes too big, etc.

Awesome issue. That scene in Clark's apartment was scary as hell. Can't wait to see what happens next! Out of curiosity, has CBR done a review of this issue?