Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I like the idea of this Challenge too Radjack!

I just a few questions before I decide that I am in if that is ok:

1.)Some books I have already read I plan to go back and re-read this year for various reasons, some to tie in with events and other shorts. So does re-reading a book from the past count??

2.)When keeping track, do I post a new post each time with what I read or add to one post overall, aka just re-edit my original post of the list?

Thanks for the Help!

Added a Few More:

3.)Issues that we get Online count, they don't have to be physical copies, they can be online issues or the ones we get on collections on DVD-ROMS?

4.)When we are doing Manga, allot of Manga's have several chapters in a book, do we count the chapter as 1 issue or the whole book as 1 issue?

Thanks Again!
    1 re-reads count

2 1000 posts from each participant would be a bit much . Better to just edit your op every week or so (Or just tally them up at the end of the year).

3 any format counts whether it's digital, physical, audiobook (imagine the fun you could have with onomatopoea), or even Braille

4 each volume is one book, not each weekly instalment (or chapter). omnibus editions and Vizbigs would count as 2-4 comics depending on how many volumes comprise the book.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-04-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post

4 each volume is one book, not each weekly instalment (or, chapter). omnibus editions and Vizbigs would count as 2-4 comics depending on how many volumes comprise the book.
    I don't know if you're referring to manga (which I know nothing about) or not? But I like the OP's idea of counting each ~22-page comic as one issue. Some comics will have less pages, some will have more. A Marvel omnibus containing 30 issues ought to count as 30 issues, so that we're comparing apples to apples.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I read too many comics over 2014, so my plan for 2015 is to read less so I can actually get more stuff done.

Yet at the same time my list is very, very long indeed, and after Christmas I have like 2000 pages of comics to read.

I'll be busy!
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I don't know if you're referring to manga (which I know nothing about) or not? But I like the OP's idea of counting each ~22-page comic as one issue. Some comics will have less pages, some will have more. A Marvel omnibus containing 30 issues ought to count as 30 issues, so that we're comparing apples to apples.
    Yes, we're talking about manga. Manga omnibuses are completely different from marvel omniboo, so we are in fact comparing apples to oranges (or kumquat, dragon fruit; it doesn't really matter).
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-04-2015 at 03:38 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'm in! What about doing monthly updates (so listing what we've read in a new post every month) so we can keep track of each others progress without posting for every new issue?

So far I've read:
    Spectre #13-22
    Showcase #80
    The All Star JSA event (9 issues)
    Phantom Stranger (1969-1974) #1-5
    First 4 Wednesday comics stories (2 issues)
    Skreemer #1-6
    Superior Iron Man #3
    Ant Man #1
    The Fade Out #4
    All-new X-factor #18
    Inhuman #10
    Black Science #11
    Green Arrow Year one #1-6

Total= 43 issues

I'm well underway
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 01-09-2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: issues added
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I currently use the website goodreads.com to catologue the collected editions that I read. They give you an annual summary of all the books you've read at the end of each year, and you can sort your books by the date that they were completed at any time; It's pretty cool.

They're currently beginning the annual reading challenge where you can set a goal for how many books you want to read, and the website will keep track of your progress:

https://www.goodreads.com/challenges...e=notification

My goal is to read fifty-two non-comic books in 2015; one novel a week.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-04-2015 at 03:13 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I currently use the website goodreads.com to catologue the collected editions that I read. They give you an annual summary of all the books you've read at the end of each year, and you can sort your books by the date that they were completed at any time. It's pretty cool.

They're currently beginning the annual reading challenge where you can set a goal for how many books you want to read, and the website will keep track of your progress:

https://www.goodreads.com/challenges...e=notification

My goal is to read fifty-two non-comic books in 2015; one novel a week.
    Damn, that's a pretty big amount of novels. I rarely read novels and when I do I read them slowly, so I take about a month for a 300 page novel. I tip my hat to you
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Damn, that's a pretty big amount of novels. I rarely read novels and when I do I read them slowly, so I take about a month for a 300 page novel. I tip my hat to you
    I'm a slow reader too. I might lower my goal to a more realistic 26 novels a year, but I'm feeling reinvigorated after the long Christmas break so I'm shooting high.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I like the idea of this Challenge too Radjack!

I just a few questions before I decide that I am in if that is ok:

1.)Some books I have already read I plan to go back and re-read this year for various reasons, some to tie in with events and other shorts. So does re-reading a book from the past count??

2.)When keeping track, do I post a new post each time with what I read or add to one post overall, aka just re-edit my original post of the list?

Thanks for the Help!

Added a Few More:

3.)Issues that we get Online count, they don't have to be physical copies, they can be online issues or the ones we get on collections on DVD-ROMS?

4.)When we are doing Manga, allot of Manga's have several chapters in a book, do we count the chapter as 1 issue or the whole book as 1 issue?

Thanks Again!
    Looks like canadianaidan64 already answered this, but here's my answer for anyone wanting to know:

1- Re-reading counts.
    2- If you liked the book you just read or if you want to start a little discussion then by all means feel free to use this thread, if you want it you can also list everything in your first post on this thread (I'm doing both).
    3- You can read comics anyway you want, this thread is open to all!
    4- I read a lot of manga so I'm counting each volume (roughly 5 chapters) as 1 comic since I feel 1 chapter doesn't take me as long to read as a comic. However, you can make your own rules about this one!

13th Jan 2015

So far, I had read:
    daredevil v1 175-176
    daredevil v2 16-19, 26-50, 56-81
    walking dead 46-80
    invincible 68-69
    mighty thor 158-159
    X-O Manowar 000
    ultimate marvel 6-8
    What if karen didn't die

Total=100 comics.
    Last edited by chongjasmine; 01-16-2015 at 08:28 PM.

I've read zero comics this year so far, though I'm 2 books down already and about to start a third. Based on my purchases in 2014 I don't think I will get near 1000 comics unless I do a lot of re-reading.

Amazing Member

I'm in. I've already read about 15 issues so far this year.

I'm a slow reader too. I might lower my goal to a more realistic 26 novels a year, but I'm feeling reinvigorated after the long Christmas break so I'm shooting high.
    My 2014 resolution was to read 12 novels in that year.

I read 2 1/2...

What a fun idea! I'm not sure I can hit 1,000 but I've got a HUGE back-log of single issues and collected editions to read through and I always pick up new stuff on Wednesdays, so... who knows!

Here's what I've read so far this year (lots of random stuff because I raid the $1 bin at my LCS):

Booster Gold Futures End
    Red Hood & The Outlaws Futures End
    World's Finest: Huntress/Power Girl Futures End
    GI Zombie Futures End
    Team Titans #1
    Red Sonja #1 (1977)
    Elephantmen #1
    Young Liars #1
    Velvet #1-5
    Saga #1
    Total: 14
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I'm afraid this threat will disappear soon, how about we enter the amounts in our signatures?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..