Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    007 girl.

Cool What's your oldest classic comic book?

Here's mine...Superman 19 from Nov/Dec 1942. One of my grandparents wasn't 1 yr old yet.

This book was found sandwiched in a stack of term papers which in turn were packed in a wooden chest in an attic - for decades. Apart from the spine roll, the rest of the book is in great shape.

I got a #37 last month and am really hoping to get a Top 10 issue later this year....
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Awesome Superman there, great page quality!

I only collect X-Men related floppies, so my oldest comic book is the oldest book I can own within my collecting parameters.

September, 1963:

Incredible Member

Damn, I'm jealous of those two.

I can't check them right now since all my stuff is packed up (renovating) but I have two Superman's. The cover of one is Superman standing by Lois's grave with their daughter. The other is Superman crawling in pain with a flaming "LL" there, and text reading "Why do these initials spell death for the Man of Steel?"

Those ones.

Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar

March 1948 Two Gun Kid #1

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Wow, that Two Gun Kid is awesome!

Wow, true classics! Feb 1968 is the oldest I've got.

IMG_0018.jpg

007 girl.

Keep 'em coming

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Damn, I'm jealous of those two.

I can't check them right now since all my stuff is packed up (renovating) but I have two Superman's. The cover of one is Superman standing by Lois's grave with their daughter. The other is Superman crawling in pain with a flaming "LL" there, and text reading "Why do these initials spell death for the Man of Steel?"

Those ones.
    I have them too, those sound like Superman 204 and 215 from the late 60s, both had great Neal Adams covers. He's my favourite classic artist so anything by him is a must own.

@Marvelmaniac....love the autographed book, great stuff there.
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

BANNED

You have young grandparents my grandma was born 1929 almost ten years before the first superman book and I think before any comics.

My oldest book is superboy #98 1962 three years before my dad was born.

Paid $30 for it and it's a huge regret. Wish I had even $25 back and No book.

All-New Member

I've got more than a dozen pre-1940 books, but this is my oldest.
    554667_10151708751278095_122529849_n.jpg

Avengers #11
    Avengers_Vol_1_11.jpg

Great thread idea! Keep 'em coming!

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Awesome Superman there, great page quality!

I only collect X-Men related floppies, so my oldest comic book is the oldest book I can own within my collecting parameters.
    X-Men is definitely within my collecting parameters too. My earliest issue is #8 (the one with Unus the Untouchable), then #14 which introduced the Sentinels. It gets spotted after that into the 20s, 30s, 40s, but picks up with the 50s-60s, especially all the Neal Adams issues. The only thing I avoided were the reprints although a #69 and #85 came my way in a couple of good deals.

I've almost accomplished one X-Men target so far, that is, all the Claremont issues from #94 up - except #101, it's the only one left.

Cool you have a #1...it's on my to-get list, sometime lol....
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 01-03-2015 at 05:11 PM.

strange 190.jpg
    First Animal Man in costume and 3rd overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    X-Men is definitely within my collecting parameters too. My earliest issue is #8 (the one with Unus the Untouchable), then #14 which introduced the Sentinels. It gets spotted after that into the 20s, 30s, 40s, but picks up with the 50s-60s, especially all the Neal Adams issues. The only thing I avoided were the reprints.

I've almost accomplished one X-Men target so far, that is, all the Claremont issues from #94 up - except #101.

Cool you have a #1...it's on my to-get list, sometime lol....
    I've got the Stan Lee run, which is 1 through 19, then just first appearance issues up through the original 66 run. Then I've got GSXM1 and 94 through 143, and then key issues and first appearances after that. X-men are fun to collect.

Amazing Member