Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    Dear Mr. Bunn,
    I am writing because I noticed DC's lack of a new Swamp Thing series in their new line up. I think you would be just the guy to convince them to bring it back. Your comic The Empty Man was amazing, and exactly the caliber of tale I expect from Swamp Thing. I just know you could revitalize my favorite character in DC's long legacy. Please save Swamp Thing!

Also, my 5 year old loves Terrible Lizard. Keep up the good work.
    Believe me, I've tried!

And it's something I'll keep trying for!

There's one helluva Swamp Thing pitch out there.

So glad your kids are digging Terrible Lizard, by the way. That warms my heart!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Hello Mr. Bunn,

I love your work on Magneto and Sinestro.

I'm not sure how much you can disclose but I have two questions:

1. Will Magneto be going through changes with his powers? With Bendis Uncanny X-Men (which is kind of all over the place on this topic), we've had explanations with the Phoenix, nanonites, and now possibly a death (At least with Cyclops, Magik, and Emma) about their power status. Has any of this had an affect on Magneto as well?

2. Parallax is the embodiment of Fear. A being eons years old who has the second highest kill count next to the Anti-Monitor.
    As much as I love Sinestro, mortals should represent nothing more than a play toy for creatures such as Parallax.

Parallax should play a part similar to the devil. If you seek his power you'll get what you wish for, but the price is never worth it.

Is there a possibility Parallax is merely pretending to be controlled by Sinestro to push him towards some path? Principle I agree, but Parallax shouldn't be a trained dog.

Thanks

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I'm excited for this new Aquaman story! I think we're cooking up something very cool!
    Can you tease any hints about the book?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I've only just noticed this board now? This is awesome; Cullen Bunn is a great writer. Fearless Defenders was awesome and I wish I had more of it (maybe when Venom comes back to Earth, we can get Venom/Valkyrie team up book). I'm enjoying Sinestro too; the Sinestro Corps are great and I like Soranik too. I read a couple Magneto issues in Uncanny Avengers vol 5 Axis Prelude and they were really good, so I'm considering reading the rest of the series too even though I usually don't pick up X-stuff (I read the synopses posted on CBR to keep abreast of the situation in the X-verse most of the time), especially with this Last Days stuff piquing my interest.

Guess I should ask a question too. Will there be any issues that give a focus on other members of the Sinestro Corps in future issues such as Karu-Sil or will it just be Sinestro focus the whole time? Will they be interacting with any other Corps soon as well?
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I've only just noticed this board now? This is awesome; Cullen Bunn is a great writer. Fearless Defenders was awesome and I wish I had more of it (maybe when Venom comes back to Earth, we can get Venom/Valkyrie team up book). I'm enjoying Sinestro too; the Sinestro Corps are great and I like Soranik too. I read a couple Magneto issues in Uncanny Avengers vol 5 Axis Prelude and they were really good, so I'm considering reading the rest of the series too even though I usually don't pick up X-stuff (I read the synopses posted on CBR to keep abreast of the situation in the X-verse most of the time), especially with this Last Days stuff piquing my interest.

Guess I should ask a question too. Will there be any issues that give a focus on other members of the Sinestro Corps in future issues such as Karu-Sil or will it just be Sinestro focus the whole time? Will they be interacting with any other Corps soon as well?
    Thanks for the kind words.

The upcoming Sinestro annual focuses on a few of the other Sinestro Corps members, and I'm hoping to do more of that kind of thing if fans like it. Keep your eyes peeled for Sinestro running into other Corps.

My daughter really liked Terrible Lizard, and I liked having a comic I could give a younger kid that was written by one of the writers I personally enjoyed. There's plenty of good comics for kids, but most aren't done by names I am familiar with. Any chance you will be writing any more kid friendly comics in the future? My daughter saw all the Hellbreak ads in the back of one Terrible Lizard issue and was asking if she could read that, too. I had to tell her that that one is just for daddy to read for now. Hopefully you do more like it, but I don't know how marketable kid friendly comics are. I know Marvel likes to claim a lot of their comics are kid friendly, but they ultimately are for teens. Where as Terrible Lizard was about a teen, but something you can feel safe offering to much younger readers (as long as you have the patience to explain the scientific terms to them).

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Hi Mr. Bunn,

I've been really impressed with how in Magneto, you've taken a character with an extraordinarily long and complicated backstory; who's been portrayed very differently by different writers, (Lee, Claremont, Morrison, Fraction etc), and managed to make a coherent story out of it all.

Kudos to you for making him feel "true", and embracing the crazy continuity.

Is it difficult or intimidating to take on a character like that? And are there any earlier Magnetos which particularly informed your own?
    "Self has no time for this."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Hi Mr. Bunn,

I've been really impressed with how in Magneto, you've taken a character with an extraordinarily long and complicated backstory; who's been portrayed very differently by different writers, (Lee, Claremont, Morrison, Fraction etc), and managed to make a coherent story out of it all.

Kudos to you for making him feel "true", and embracing the crazy continuity.

Is it difficult or intimidating to take on a character like that? And are there any earlier Magnetos which particularly informed your own?
    Hey there! Thanks for the kind words. I'm very proud of the work I've done on Magneto.

It can be difficult to write a character like that. There is so much history and there are so many different interpretations of the character that fans hold near and dear. In many cases, I'd just say that the smartest play is to not worry about all the stories that have come before. I wouldn't ignore them, but I wouldn't stress too much over them, either. In this case, though, I wanted the challenge of trying to weave so many past stories together.

As for iterations of Magneto I drew from, I'd say God Loves, Man Kills and the era of Magneto being part of the X-Men/New Mutants cast was pretty influential to me.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Hey there! Thanks for the kind words. I'm very proud of the work I've done on Magneto.

It can be difficult to write a character like that. There is so much history and there are so many different interpretations of the character that fans hold near and dear. In many cases, I'd just say that the smartest play is to not worry about all the stories that have come before. I wouldn't ignore them, but I wouldn't stress too much over them, either. In this case, though, I wanted the challenge of trying to weave so many past stories together.

As for iterations of Magneto I drew from, I'd say God Loves, Man Kills and the era of Magneto being part of the X-Men/New Mutants cast was pretty influential to me.
    Thanks for answering.

I'm very glad you went for the challenge of weaving together all the old narrative threads. I think it's been the making of the book, and it's also helped to clarify who he is now for me.

Great choice of inspiration too.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Hi Mr. Bunn,

I saw the solicitation for Gl Lost Army and just wanted to ask,is Guy gardner Joining the book and is he part of the cast?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Hi Mr. Bunn,

I saw the solicitation for Gl Lost Army and just wanted to ask,is Guy gardner Joining the book and is he part of the cast?
    Sure seems that way!

BANNED

really awesome thank you for not forgetting about guy,now can you please save kyle from the omega man.