Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    Wow, this is an awesome surprise. You're one of my favorites, Mr. Bunn. I have read books based on your name alone. I look forward to your insights on the forum!
    Thanks so much! Glad to be here!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I will always say that Fearless Defenders was an underestimated ongoing and really felt it had the legs to go on.
    I wouldn't lie to myself and say it was a perfect comic, but there are a lot of people who really, really loved it. I just wish there had been a few more of them.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Not a comic, but I enjoyed your Kindle short Blood Feud quite a bit. It had a distinctive regional flavor (though I can't speak to its accuracy), and I was really rooting for the protagonist by the end. I also appreciated his genuine (if simple ) religiosity, which I think is often missing from modern horror. But it's definitely something that not only made this a much more enjoyable and sincere read, but also gave it one hell of an impact.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Not a comic, but I enjoyed your Kindle short Blood Feud quite a bit. It had a distinctive regional flavor (though I can't speak to its accuracy), and I was really rooting for the protagonist by the end. I also appreciated his genuine (if simple ) religiosity, which I think is often missing from modern horror. But it's definitely something that not only made this a much more enjoyable and sincere read, but also gave it one hell of an impact.
    Thanks so much! That story means a lot to me, because I wrote it about my dad. A lot of the events and bits and pieces (the spiders, the encounter with the bull, etc) were drawn from real events, then given a supernatural twist.

And it may not be about comics right now, but later this year it might....

You know what? I've said too much!

Nice!

I'll be honest, Mr. Bunn: some of your comics have left me completely indifferent, I thought other were bad. But I checked them because I like that you have a unique voice when writing. Whenever I read a comic by you, I can tell it was written by Cullen Bunn. That's something I personally value a lot.

And then there's The Sixth Gun and Magneto. The former caught me by surprise; I didn't expect it to be that good. With the latter I had a feeling it would turn good. Boy, was I wrong. It isn't good, it's excellent! The best book of the X-franchise and whenever you leave it, please write the Punisher. You'd nail that character.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I loved your Fearless Defenders run and was sad to see it go.

Welcome Cullen.

One more welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Fearless and Fearless Defenders were both near and dear to me. I miss Valkyrie like crazy!

Polaris is showing up in Magneto in issue 16 I believe.
    Did you decide to make Valkyrie such a big part of Fearless?

How did you go about writing a character who was becoming slightly more prominent but was relatively unexplored?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Welcome to CBR Cullen.

I am really looking forward to Lorna appearing on Magneto this spring and the upcoming Genosha story line. The 1990s thru 2002 Genosha storyline was one of my favorites of all time for both characters.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Moon Knight won;t be the first time I've followed a fabled writer, and it is stressful every time. Ellis is one of my favorite writers, too, so it's doubly stressful! My issues will be closer in tone to the Ellis issues, but I wouldn't be fool enough to say they're similar. Cousins perhaps?
    Thanks Cullen. I'll look up your cousin.

This is a bit of a nerdy question, but I find the process of creating comics, and the methods of different writers interesting. Some writers seem to submit a full script with complete directions for the artist, and then wait to see what the issue will look like; and others do a bit more back and forth creatively. (Maybe it varies between independent and big 2 comics too). If it's not too personal, where do you stand?

I love Walta and Bellaire's work on Magneto. Must be a massive buzz seeing the final product every time.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Welcome, Mr. Bunn, and thanks a lot for doing this.

Fearless and Fearless Defenders were both near and dear to me. I miss Valkyrie like crazy!...
    I really liked your whole concept for Fearless Defenders & the sheer enthusiasm you had for it, and thought it had a ton of potential. You made me take notice of Valkyrie, and even in the too short time we had, I grew quite fond of her. It was great seeing Misty Knight also, as I've always had a soft spot for her. Most all the other cast members were a welcome sight/read as well, and I still hold onto a bit of hope that we may see them together again someday.

... Polaris is showing up in Magneto in issue 16 I believe.
    And I'm SO EXCITED for it - CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT!!! Sincerely Mr. Bunn, thank you, it was welcome news... and that's putting it mildly, lol - couldn't have come at a better time. Just out of curiosity, do you see Lorna as a potential legacy character? Will she become a permanent member of the cast, or at least a recurring one, or is it just a guest spot? Oh, and I understand if you don't - or can't - answer any these questions at this time, due to some internal Marvel policies or to simply avoid spoilers. So it's OK, but just in case, thanks in advance.

One more thing though, in an interview a while back, you mentioned the possibility of Dazzler showing up in Mags' book. Obviously, there's a connection between them now, 'cause he freed her from the hell Mystique had trapped her in. Any word on that, one way or the other? Man, what I wouldn't give to have Ali & Lorna appearing at the same time, and actually interacting - that would be SO awesome, and some serious wish fulfillment!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-05-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Nice!

I'll be honest, Mr. Bunn: some of your comics have left me completely indifferent, I thought other were bad. But I checked them because I like that you have a unique voice when writing. Whenever I read a comic by you, I can tell it was written by Cullen Bunn. That's something I personally value a lot.

And then there's The Sixth Gun and Magneto. The former caught me by surprise; I didn't expect it to be that good. With the latter I had a feeling it would turn good. Boy, was I wrong. It isn't good, it's excellent! The best book of the X-franchise and whenever you leave it, please write the Punisher. You'd nail that character.
    Hey there and thanks for your candor. I like that you're willing to try different things. I know I can't please everyone every time I leave the gate. And I definitely try my hand at a wide variety of books. I'm glad you found The Sixth Gun and Magneto! I can definitely point you in the direction of some other possibilities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I loved your Fearless Defenders run and was sad to see it go.
    You and me both!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One more welcome.

Did you decide to make Valkyrie such a big part of Fearless?

How did you go about writing a character who was becoming slightly more prominent but was relatively unexplored?
    Valkyrie has been a favorite of mine since the early days of The Defenders, but she wasn't the first choice for The Fearless. We talked about a number of characters for the lead. Domino, Mystique, Gambit, and Crossbones were all considered as the lead character. But when we discussed Valkyrie (I think editor Tom Brevoort brought her up) everything just clicked!

I love writing characters who are a little off the radar. There's so much more freedom there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Welcome to CBR Cullen.

I am really looking forward to Lorna appearing on Magneto this spring and the upcoming Genosha story line. The 1990s thru 2002 Genosha storyline was one of my favorites of all time for both characters.
    I hope you like what I have planned!