Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    Welcome, Mr. Bunn, and thanks a lot for doing this.

I really liked your whole concept for Fearless Defenders & the sheer enthusiasm you had for it, and thought it had a ton of potential. You made me take notice of Valkyrie, and even in the too short time we had, I grew quite fond of her. It was great seeing Misty Knight also, as I've always had a soft spot for her. Most all the other cast members were a welcome sight/read as well, and I still hold onto a bit of hope that we may see them together again someday.

And I'm SO EXCITED for it - CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT!!! Sincerely Mr. Bunn, thank you, it was welcome news... and that's putting it mildly, lol - couldn't have come at a better time. Just out of curiosity, do you see Lorna as a potential legacy character? Will she become a permanent member of the cast, or at least a recurring one, or is it just a guest spot? Oh, and I understand if you don't - or can't - answer any these questions at this time, due to some internal Marvel policies or to simply avoid spoilers. So it's OK, but just in case, thanks in advance.

One more thing though, in an interview a while back, you mentioned the possibility of Dazzler showing up in Mags' book. Obviously, there's a connection between them now, 'cause he freed her from the hell Mystique had trapped her in. Any word on that, one way or the other? Man, what I wouldn't give to have Ali & Lorna appearing at the same time, and actually interacting - that would be SO awesome, and some serious wish fulfillment!
    I don't want to tip my hand too much when it comes to Lorna. Let's say she's a guest star with potential to be more.

As for Dazzler, I'd love to have her appear in the book, but that may be a while.

I like the words Lorna and potential being used in the same sentence! I hear nearly all the Green Lantern books are being cancelled soon. Am I correct in stating that Sinestro's title will continue, and will you continue as writer?
    Thanks for your time

Welcome, Mr. Bunn. Your writing of Magneto has been awesome. I'm playing a bit of catch-up with the title, but I am looking forward to how you use him post-AXIS.

And I hope as well that we get to see Erik and Allison have a team-up. It's an interesting pairing and I hope you get the chance to write it.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Welcome to the forums Cullen, love your work, Magneto, Sinestro and Lobo are always at the top of my read pile every month!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Welcome to the forum Mr. Bunn. Looking forward to your run on Moon Knight.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member

Welcome,Mr Bunn.
    Enjoyed a lot the Fear Itself:Fearless limited series.
    And i was not even that much of a fan of Valkyre before,the few comics i read with her were from the first volume of Defenders way back.Curently i am a fan of Valkyre,one of the characters i am looking forward the most to apear more often in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I don't want to tip my hand too much when it comes to Lorna. Let's say she's a guest star with potential to be more.

As for Dazzler, I'd love to have her appear in the book, but that may be a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPolaris View Post
    I like the words Lorna and potential being used in the same sentence! ... Thanks for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    ... And I hope as well that we get to see Erik and Allison have a team-up. It's an interesting pairing and I hope you get the chance to write it.
    I echo AZP's sentiments on Polaris, Mr. Bunn, and would just add the word "star". 'Cause I really do believe she has star power, and tremendous potential, which has yet to be truly mined - and that you're the man for the job! You seem to have a penchant... no, an affinity, for writing female characters, which we could defintiely use A LOT more of (though I believe we're now headed in the right direction... slowly). And while I'm sorry to hear Dazzler won't likely be appearing anytime soon, due to creative dibs or whatever, I'm encouraged that it's something you're really keen on too... and will hold out hope that it happens sooner rather than later. And as much as LornAli is a personal passion of mine, I couldn't agree more with Sans Sim, the pairing of Mags & Dazz is uniquely compelling... and would provide for a fascinating read.

Which brings me to what I think is a cool "What If" question:

For Fearless Defenders, if you could've had any & all characters you wanted without restriction, who would've been your first choices beyond Valkyrie/Annabelle & Misty?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    I echo AZP's sentiments on Polaris, Mr. Bunn, and would just add the word "star". 'Cause I really do believe she has star power, and tremendous potential, which has yet to be truly mined - and that you're the man for the job! You seem to have a penchant... no, an affinity, for writing female characters, which we could defintiely use A LOT more of (though I believe we're now headed in the right direction... slowly). And while I'm sorry to hear Dazzler won't likely be appearing anytime soon, due to creative dibs or whatever, I'm encouraged that it's something you're really keen on too... and will hold out hope that it happens sooner rather than later. And as much as LornAli is a personal passion of mine, I couldn't agree more with Sans Sim, the pairing of Mags & Dazz is uniquely compelling... and would provide for a fascinating read.

Which brings me to what I think is a cool "What If" question:

For Fearless Defenders, if you could've had any & all characters you wanted without restriction, who would've been your first choices beyond Valkyrie/Annabelle & Misty?
    Good question.

Many of the characters who appeared were favorites and first choices for the series. The only ones I really wanted but was denied were Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker), Mania (denied only because the series ended), and Galacta (who I thought was part of Marvel continuity, but who was not).

Artist/Writer

Smile Cool. Cool. Supercool.

Cool.

Love Magneto, amazing series, that gives so much depth to him.

giphy-2.jpg

Good question.

Many of the characters who appeared were favorites and first choices for the series. The only ones I really wanted but was denied were Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker), Mania (denied only because the series ended), and Galacta (who I thought was part of Marvel continuity, but who was not).
    That's awesome .

Mr. Bunn, welcome to the forum and I hope you have pleasant and rewarding communication with the fans. It's always cool when a creator goes goes out of their way to communicate with the fans .

While I haven't read much of your work, partially because I tend to avoid villain-led books (or I guess extreme Anti-Hero would be more appropriate?), I've heard nothing but good things about your series. The Sinestro issues I read as well as the Godhead tie-ins were all quite strong, and you're characterization of Sinestro is great.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's awesome .

Mr. Bunn, welcome to the forum and I hope you have pleasant and rewarding communication with the fans. It's always cool when a creator goes goes out of their way to communicate with the fans .

While I haven't read much of your work, partially because I tend to avoid villain-led books (or I guess extreme Anti-Hero would be more appropriate?), I've heard nothing but good things about your series. The Sinestro issues I read as well as the Godhead tie-ins were all quite strong, and you're characterization of Sinestro is great.
    You know, if you avoid villainous books, you might want to give THE SIXTH GUN a shot. Becky Montcrief is the most heroic of heroes, and her journey shows that. She's also one of my favorite characters ever.

Hi Cullen Bunn Sorry for being late in the thread. It's a huge honor for you to join the forums and take the time to speak with us. Myself and other posters are very fascinated with your work on the Sinestro title. Your characterization of Sinestro is superb.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The only ones I really wanted but was denied were Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker), Mania (denied only because the series ended), and Galacta (who I thought was part of Marvel continuity, but who was not).
    Oh I remember when the solicit for a cosmic-powered member joining came up, we had fun guessing it would be Ardina (Silver Surfer's female counterpart from The Order), Frances Hyatt aka Nova (who was the right answer), and Galacta.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Hi Cullen Bunn Sorry for being late in the thread. It's a huge honor for you to join the forums and take the time to speak with us. Myself and other posters are very fascinated with your work on the Sinestro title. Your characterization of Sinestro is superb.
    Never too late!

And thank you. I love working on SINESTRO.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Oh I remember when the solicit for a cosmic-powered member joining came up, we had fun guessing it would be Ardina (Silver Surfer's female counterpart from The Order), Frances Hyatt aka Nova (who was the right answer), and Galacta.
    Originally, it was Galacta in Nova's spot.