Default New Avengers Issue 51, Parker unmasking again?

I just finished reading New avengers (1st series) issue #51, in it the new avengers ask Spider-man to unmask so they know who he is because they are still on edge from the events of the Invasion story arc, he does unmask and in the comic Parker tells them know one else knows his identity but them, but during the Civil war he unmasked on National TV, Why doesn't anyone remember him doing that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Danvers View Post
    I just finished reading New avengers (1st series) issue #51, in it the new avengers ask Spider-man to unmask so they know who he is because they are still on edge from the events of the Invasion story arc, he does unmask and in the comic Parker tells them know one else knows his identity but them, but during the Civil war he unmasked on National TV, Why doesn't anyone remember him doing that?
    It's complicated but basically several heroes came together and erased everyone minds about his secret identity is the short version.

I just recently started buying and collecting comics and i can't get enough, do you happen to know what series that happens in? I have only read a few of the older series but i already miss how they used to tell you what other comics you need to read when they mention something important that happens in another series.

"One More Day" starts in The Amazing Spider-Man #544, continues in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #24 and The Sensational Spider-Man (vol. 2) #41, and concludes in Amazing Spider-Man #545.

After his Aunt May has been shot, Spider-Man seeks help to save her life. He encounters the demon Mephisto, who offers to save her life if Spider-Man gives him his marriage. Spider-Man and his wife Mary Jane Watson agree, and this part of their history is erased so that, effectively, they have never been married. Additionally, the demon erases the world's collective memory of Spider-Man's secret identity, which had been exposed in Civil War #2

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Danvers View Post
    "One More Day" starts in The Amazing Spider-Man #544, continues in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #24 and The Sensational Spider-Man (vol. 2) #41, and concludes in Amazing Spider-Man #545.

After his Aunt May has been shot, Spider-Man seeks help to save her life. He encounters the demon Mephisto, who offers to save her life if Spider-Man gives him his marriage. Spider-Man and his wife Mary Jane Watson agree, and this part of their history is erased so that, effectively, they have never been married. Additionally, the demon erases the world's collective memory of Spider-Man's secret identity, which had been exposed in Civil War #2
    It wasn't Mephisto who erased their memories, it was Doctor Strange who created a mental block of his identity that prevented people from figuring it out. If he unmasks, then whoever sees him unmask (including his clones apparently) will regain their memories of his identity. Since Spider Island however the spells been weakened thanks to his rally call technically counting as revealing himself and so now people can figure it out on their own even if he doesn't unmask.

One Moment in Time in ASM

Good to know, thanks guys! I don't normally post on forums but I'm glad i found CBR, none of my friends are really into comics so its nice to have somewhere to go and ask questions or just shoot the **** about all things Marvel !