Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I read the issue yesterday.

ELI???

That is kinda weird but it don't bother me because I don't really see this comic/character as "the" GR....just in name only.

Great issue though

I like this series less and less with each issue, sadly.

The first issue was fantastic! I loved the main character. I loved his story, his kid brother. All of it.

The second issue was enjoyble. It wasn't as strong as the first, but still a good read.

This issue is decending into the same tropes that bored me with past Ghost Rider runs.

It's weird, because I've long ago written off 'Ghost Rider' as a character that I just don't care to read about. I gave this series a go because I really love the art, and it promised something different.

Now, the 'traditional' Ghost Rider is entertaining the hell out of me in his recent Thunderbolts and Uncanny Avengers appearances, while this 'new' take is starting to feel like the same old stale sh*t. Go figure.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Really dug the issue.

Something bothers me though, and maybe it's because I was raised in East LA and Boyle Heights.
    What's the point of using the city when you're going to make up locations and streets?
    Sometimes it feels like generic barrio instead of the real barrio.

Other than that I loved it.

Okay, not really the best place to put this, but I didn't know where else to do it. So I picked up issue 1 + 2 to see if I'd like the series, and I'm torn. On the one hand I instantly ADORE Robbie. Visually awesome, sad (but not "woe is me") family life, his relationship with his brother is beautiful; everything about him is great. The art is very cool, and so far I don't hate the use of Mr. Hyde (though prefer him with a British accent and cute hat). BUT... story wise I'm not yet sold. The Mr Hyde story is basically the same one we got in Young Avengers; though on a slightly grander scale. I don't like the tusks on him either. And I feel a bit of the dialogue is missing something. So I'll pick up issue #3 Wednesday to see how I feel. Love the character, meh about the comic.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think Smith is showing good restraint, keeping this origin arc simple and fun to follow, and not trying to reach too far. For now I'm satisfied with the mystery of Eli, and props to marveluted for digging that up.

And I'd say the dialogue is what Smith has been doing best. Obviously the art team can't do wrong.