Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Haven't got my issue yet but I love this title.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Good read overall and Tradd Moore's artwork really bring this comic to life with its flashy, vibrant, and energetic linework (also kudos to the colorist as well).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Eli is the name that the Ghost Rider spirit calls himself.
    I know that. I meant who is Eli in the larger sense. I'm guessing Eli isn't his actual name, or at least not all of it.

And actually, Blaze used to hang out in LA a lot, between the movie stuff and the Champions. But I mean more, is it just coincidence that whoever this spirit is took a lot of Ghost Rider iconography when it picked a kid wearing something resembling Blaze's leather jacket to be its host?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Loved It! but I hope the Spirit is just Noble Kale. the Ghost Rider mythos is $#@!ed up enough just keep it simple. Just make him a descendent of Noble Kale like Danny or make Robbie a descendent of Noble Kale bound to a demon like Johnny.
    I'm not entirely sure that makes it any less confusing.

BANNED

Is anyone else getting the vibe that Zado/Hyde could also be the kind spirited teacher? Practically the same hair color.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    also kudos to the colorist as well
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that makes it any less confusing.
    How?
    10char

Another pretty good issue in my opinion. I can't wait to learn more about how Eli and Robbie work together and to see more of his ghost car and how it works. I also hope to see more people use Zebo's Hyde drug to form a giant monster fight with Ghost Rider in the middle.

On a side note, man does Tradd Moore's art get brutal in a lot of scenes... and it is glorious.

Fantastic Member

How?
    10char
    Because Noble Kale was always a mess. Really, any, every and all Ghost Rider origins were always a mess. Thing's been retconned so many times it's ridiculous. Hell, he didn't even originally turn into a skeleton, so much as got a weird bleached skin condition at night. Or maybe he did originally, but that's how they first described it early on when they got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Because Noble Kale was always a mess. Really, any, every and all Ghost Rider origins were always a mess. Thing's been retconned so many times it's ridiculous. Hell, he didn't even originally turn into a skeleton, so much as got a weird bleached skin condition at night. Or maybe he did originally, but that's how they first described it early on when they got around to it.
    I just think the Noble Kale origin is the easiest and most simple of the origin stories, it that binds Johnny, Danny and all of the previous and future Ghost Riders together making the Ghost Rider not just a curse but a family curse and I think the origin with Naomi Kale saving Johnny from damnation is really good story that adds even more weight and pathos to his transformation as Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I think it's a little to soon say right now. He has a little bit of both going on right now but the arc hasn't ended to see where he is going to land on. I'm hoping that he becomes the King pin of his part of L.A. like he mentioned Fisk was of Manhattan. It be good for a classic marvel villain to be turned into a major threat or even simply a primary antagonist to Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    He is a bit crazy. He's developed a split personality, and his two forms - Zabo and Hyde - actually talk to each other. His Hyde form is more bestial than ever. He's wanting to take over the LA underworld, set himself up as the local crime boss.

My guess is he's probably made some changes to the formula he uses to switch back and forth, and that it's had a big effect on him.
    Thank-you both.

Could this Eli spirit somehow be Eli McIntyre from the 1992 Spirits of Vengeance series? This was the only thing I could find on him: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/mcintyreelisov.htm

He's got a tie to Johnny Blaze, built a battlewagon, and is quite dead. Just throwing it out there.

Lots of praise going on.
    DISAGREE.jpg

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

I just think the Noble Kale origin is the easiest and most simple of the origin stories, it that binds Johnny, Danny and all of the previous and future Ghost Riders together making the Ghost Rider not just a curse but a family curse and I think the origin with Naomi Kale saving Johnny from damnation is really good story that adds even more weight and pathos to his transformation as Ghost Rider.
    It all makes sense if you step back and look at it , Zarathos was a spirit of Vengeance, who got tricked by Zadikel went crazy, went after the Medallion of Power the other SOV stopped him sacrificing themselves in the process, Noble was reborn , Zarathos got turned into stone ect.

Been at work all week so picked up the issue today.

Was great as always, they pack it with so much stuff; a little bit of character development here, some action there, some bad guy stuff over here but it never once feels rushed or forced. It's one of the few comics I've got in single issues that I've actually enjoyed getting one at a time (I normally just prefer trades, I get single issues in the ones I'm desperate to check out).

Loving it.