Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    hey I relised I never got a answer to my bonus question. is she really the daughter of hulk and thunder ? or is she like a clone of thunder with a little hulk dna so she could have her gamma powers ? on dc database it says that... "Thundra of this dimension traveled to Earth-616 in search of its greatest, most powerful hero. She soon came into conflict with Hulk, finding exactly what she needed. After battling for a period of time, there was a halt and Thundra explained the troubles of her world to Hulk, eventually kissing him, secretly sampling DNA from his saliva. Immediately afterwards she was transported back to her universe. The G-Engineers then spliced the Hulk's DNA with her own, and eventually Lyra was born."

that sounds like a clone to me. I was also thinking of adding hulk to my list. that's why i'm ask about lyra.
    That's more like a test tube baby, because it has half the genetic material of both parents. Aside from using his spit instead of sperm, that's all available tech for the public now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    That's more like a test tube baby, because it has half the genetic material of both parents. Aside from using his spit instead of sperm, that's all available tech for the public now.
    mmmm.... test tube baby I see. kind of like x-man from AOA. so then she is not really his daughter then ? more like a very distant relative ? oh is it true the ultimate hulk is a cannibal ?

mmmm.... test tube baby I see. kind of like x-man from AOA. so then she is not really his daughter then ? more like a very distant relative ? oh is it true the ultimate hulk is a cannibal ?
    How do you get from 'half the genetic material of both parents' to 'not really his daughter' and 'very distant relative'?

BANNED

Yes, Ultimate Hulk is a cannibal. He is also a rapist and murderer, because that's the kind of thing superheroes do in the Ultimate universe. One of the fun things about it, in a weird way.

And no, she is as related to the Hulk as you are to your biological father. They obviously don't have a dad/daughter relationship, but biologically he's definitely her father. And it would be exactly the same as X-Man; both are made from the genetics of two people, just like anyone else.

I don't know why Lyra didn't intervene in the many deaths Johnny Storm went through in the Negative Zone. She could have shape changed into an insect like the inhabitants and been able to rescue Johnny out of there?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don't know why Lyra didn't intervene in the many deaths Johnny Storm went through in the Negative Zone. She could have shape changed into an insect like the inhabitants and been able to rescue Johnny out of there?
    Since when can she shape change? This is a thread about Lyra, the Thundra's daughter She-Hulk, not Lyja, the Skrull who once masqueraded as Alicia Masters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Yes, Ultimate Hulk is a cannibal. He is also a rapist and murderer, because that's the kind of thing superheroes do in the Ultimate universe. One of the fun things about it, in a weird way.

And no, she is as related to the Hulk as you are to your biological father. They obviously don't have a dad/daughter relationship, but biologically he's definitely her father. And it would be exactly the same as X-Man; both are made from the genetics of two people, just like anyone else.
    I see. well I gess that means no hulk for my list then. that sucks about ultimate hulk. oh well you win some and you lose some.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Since when can she shape change? This is a thread about Lyra, the Thundra's daughter She-Hulk, not Lyja, the Skrull who once masqueraded as Alicia Masters.
    It's a common mistake with their names so close. Anyway, Lyra did meet Johnny when she was with the Frightful Four to abduct Reed; he burned off her clothes (not a mistake from his perspective); she knocked him silly, and stole his red Jim Hammond homage costume. Wonder if she ever returned it to him.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's a common mistake with their names so close. Anyway, Lyra did meet Johnny when she was with the Frightful Four to abduct Reed; he burned off her clothes (not a mistake from his perspective); she knocked him silly, and stole his red Jim Hammond homage costume. Wonder if she ever returned it to him.
    I wish we could have gotten some Hulk/Human Torch follow-up to that. "You did WHAT to my daughter?"

BANNED

How do you get from 'half the genetic material of both parents' to 'not really his daughter' and 'very distant relative'?
    well I thought lyra would be like dc's superboy were he is a hybrid clone of sups and lex luther. maybe lyra could be a hybrid clone to.

BANNED

well I thought lyra would be like dc's superboy were he is a hybrid clone of sups and lex luther. maybe lyra could be a hybrid clone to.
    That is literally the same thing as this. Superboy is just like anyone else, in that his DNA is made up of the combination of two other people's. (Ignoring the stupidity about his parentage in the New 52.) Obviously the difference is that one of his parents isn't human at all, but still. His biological parents are Superman and Lex Luthor. Lara's biological parents are the Hulk and Thundra. The only difference breeding-wise between them and naturally born people is that there was no sex involved.

The common Lyra/Lyja confusion combined with the existence of another similarly named, longstanding villainess (Llyra...also green) makes me wish tptb would have named She-Hulk Jr something else. Like GAMMA! 😊

image.jpg

Lyra and Thundra together in Squadrom Supreme 15 in Weirdworld

Since I can't find another topic relating to the character and I don't want to start a new one, I'm reluctantly bumping this to ask a question:

Since Lyra has been largely AWOL since Secret Wars, this would actually be a good opportunity for Marvel to bring Lyra back with a new background. IMO, the background she currently has is so convoluted it makes people's heads spin and her personality is a mixture of stone-cold and borderline-villainous (she actually HAS been a villain).

So how would you reboot her without her loads of baggage and making her someone Marvel can count on? Or, alternatively, how would you turn her baggage into a positive instead of a negative?

IMO, I would reboot her as a straight-up daughter of Hulk and Thundra, without the alternate dimension/clone stuff. Early on in the Hulk's existence, Thundra sensed an opportunity to get the ultimate warrior and seduced Bruce or the Hulk (or BOTH). This would be easier than you'd expect, as the Hulk would want a "Hulk friend", and Bruce would be looking for all the help he can get while evading the military. Then, Thundra experiments on the resulting fetus to ensure a girl, blah blah blah genetic engineering, and out comes Lyra.

Bruce/Hulk is not happy about being taken advantage of and having a secret daughter that Thundra intends to raise into a villain. Bruce/Hulk take custody of Lyra from Thundra when she's still young, and either raise Lyra on their own or hand Lyra to Jennifer to raise/hide away from Thundra. Thundra, subsequently, has never stopped trying to find Lyra so she can fulfill her destiny of taking back control of Thundra's alternate-dimension empire.

Meanwhile, Lyra has grown up as an intelligent, down-to-earth girl with a low-key, sardonic sense of humor, either due to spending so much time with Bruce and his battles, or due to having to live under the roof of quirky Jennifer. This provides a starting point for a likable character to emerge and come unto her own as a true legacy character to both Bruce and Thundra. A girl who is torn between two parents, two agendas, who wants to be a hero but also treasures her privacy and wants nothing to do with fulfilling some grand design.

Also, a quick example of what this Lyra might look like. Hotlinking due to size.

But that's just me. How would any of you try to start Lyra over so she'd actually have a fair shot at succeeding this time?
    Last edited by macattack; 08-01-2017 at 09:32 AM.