Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Honestly? Of the Earths we’ve seen, the closest to one that I’d want to see more of as it is would be Earth 5. Every other Earth would need some degree of tweaking before I’d want to see more of it (some more than others).

• Earth 2: there are some elements of the post-Flashpoint Earth 2 that I appreciate; but by and large, I’d rather see it rebooted to more closely resemble the turn-of-the-millenium JSA comics. The ideal for me would be to present it as if the pre-Crisis Earth-2 had survived the Crisis but had subsequently developed in ways that mirrored their post-Crisis counterparts, to the point that the current state of Earth 2 resembles the JSA-related sector of the pre-Flashpoint DCU; but I could see tweaking it somewhat to incorporate some elements of the post-Flashpoint Earth 2, such as Alan Scott’s powers deriving from the Green and Jay Garrick’s speed coming from Mercury.

This is the single most radical alteration that I’d want; it’s severe enough that I could see an argument for assigning a different number to it — though given that it’s more true to the original Earth 2, and that the post-Flashpoint Earth 2 is in the process of being wiped out anyway, I think I’d rather stick to the “rebooted Earth 2” explanation.

• Earth 3: like Earth 2, I’d like to see this Earth rebooted to more closely resemble the Crime Syndicate featured in Morrison’s JLA Earth 2.

• Earth 16: tone down the “media brats” element and include a few more heroes of the Titans and Young Justice generations (e.g., Nightwing, Donna Troy, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain), and present this more as a “Titans Earth” where the Justice League has died off or retired and their protegés have taken over.

• Earth 4: feature the Charleton heroes, yes; but let the writer establish his own tone and style with them, rather than expecting him to ape the Moore-esque stylings of Pax America.

• Earth 5: I know I said that I’d be fine with it as is; but I’d really like to see it expanded to include other Fawcett Comics superheroes.

• Earth 20: Not enough heroes for my taste; I’d prefer the Society of Superheroes’ roster be bolstered with other Pulp-like heroes.

• Earth 11: reboot it to more closely resemble Elseworlds’ Finest, with Kara Zor-El as the premier Kryptonian instead of “Clarkia Kent” and Barbara Gordon’s Batgirl instead of a gender-flipped Bruce Wayne as this Earth’s “Batman”.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-04-2015 at 10:41 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Honestly i want a fully fleshed out earth-3. An underground justice league led by a heroic lex luthor, fighting against the crime syndicate; and only surviving because of the infighting among the syndicate. Have successors to the power ring, other alt-heroes who come in and can die. Power plays for the fate of the world.

Crime Syndicate:
    Ultraman
    Superwoman
    Owlman
    Johnny Quick
    Power Ring
    Deathstorm
    Atomica
    The White Martian
    The Machine(Cyborg)
    Blue Bowman
    Scarlet Scarab
    Silver Cyclone

Justice League:
    Lex Luthor
    Jester
    Tigress(an alternate Cheetah)
    Three-Face
    Quizmaster
    Gentleman Grodd
    Dexteran(Sinestro)
    King Vertigo
    Col. Slade Wilson, The Liberator

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Honestly? Of the Earths we’ve seen, the closest to one that I’d want to see more of as it is would be Earth 5. Every other Earth would need some degree of tweaking before I’d want to see more of it (some more than others).

• Earth 16: tone down the “media brats” element and include a few more heroes of the Titans and Young Justice generations (e.g., Nightwing, Donna Troy, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain), and present this more as a “Titans Earth” where the Justice League has died off or retired and their protegés have taken over.

Yes. This would be ideal, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    also aquaman and Mera aren't married, because NO MARRIAGES
    Mera is called the Queen of Atlantis all the time. Until an issue actually says that the term "queen" has different connotations and definitions in Atlantis than it does everywhere else on earth, Orin and Mera are married. I dont care what DC's "official" stance is, you dont get to call yourself a queen just because you're the king's girl friend.

I was also under the impression the "no marriage" thing was largely aimed at the Bat-clan anyway, and not so much the rest of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm not sure which worlds are Gotham by Gaslight or Amazonia in Multiversity, but I'm a sucker for a period costume drama, so it'd be cool if they were combined and expanded on to encompass the whole DCU. Throw in the Gothic and Dickensian and Steampunk and Wellsian and Victorian elements as a filter to superheroes and I'm there.
    I'd be very much down with that. Depending on the creative team. This strikes me as something that would be either totally amazing or completely terrible with no in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Earth-23 political drama
    I'd be all over some President Superman!

I'd also read the hell out of a 30's style Golden Age book, where Superman couldnt fly but would throw wife beaters across rivers and Batman used guns and the Spectre was just a really badass ghost. Something along the lines of Final Frontier but more raw and rough around the edges like proper pulp. Two-fisted justice, standing up against the corruption of The Man, nazi spies, gangsters in fedoras....oh hell yes.

Anything that continues the story of Young Justice I'd support as well. I'd really love to see Weisman write the next "season" as a digital first to give the story some proper closure.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Earth 11 for me always earth 11. Still the old earth 51 was awesome too along with the old earth 33.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Mera is called the Queen of Atlantis all the time. Until an issue actually says that the term "queen" has different connotations and definitions in Atlantis than it does everywhere else on earth, Orin and Mera are married. I dont care what DC's "official" stance is, you dont get to call yourself a queen just because you're the king's girl friend.

I was also under the impression the "no marriage" thing was largely aimed at the Bat-clan anyway, and not so much the rest of the DCU.
    It's all DCU.

"Heroes shouldn’t have happy personal lives. They are committed to being that person and committed to defending others at the sacrifice of their own personal interests.

That’s very important and something we reinforced. People in the Bat family their personal lives basically suck. Dick Grayson, rest in peace—oops shouldn’t have said that,—Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon and Kathy Kane. It’s wonderful that they try to establish personal lives, but it’s equally important that they set them aside. That is our mandate, that is our edict and that is our stand."

aquaman or mera enve referred to each other as wife and husband?
    I think also to be queen she has to be married, but who knows the law there

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Smile

• Earth 2: there are some elements of the post-Flashpoint Earth 2 that I appreciate; but by and large, I’d rather see it rebooted to more closely resemble the turn-of-the-millenium JSA comics. The ideal for me would be to present it as if the pre-Crisis Earth-2 had survived the Crisis but had subsequently developed in ways that mirrored their post-Crisis counterparts, to the point that the current state of Earth 2 resembles the JSA-related sector of the pre-Flashpoint DCU; but I could see tweaking it somewhat to incorporate some elements of the post-Flashpoint Earth 2, such as Alan Scott’s powers deriving from the Green and Jay Garrick’s speed coming from Mercury.

This is the single most radical alteration that I’d want; it’s severe enough that I could see an argument for assigning a different number to it — though given that it’s more true to the original Earth 2, and that the post-Flashpoint Earth 2 is in the process of being wiped out anyway, I think I’d rather stick to the “rebooted Earth 2” explanation.

• Earth 3: like Earth 2, I’d like to see this Earth rebooted to more closely resemble the Crime Syndicate featured in Morrison’s JLA Earth 2.

• Earth 4: feature the Charleton heroes, yes; but let the writer establish his own tone and style with them, rather than expecting him to ape the Moore-esque stylings of Pax America.

• Earth 5: I know I said that I’d be fine with it as is; but I’d really like to see it expanded to include other Fawcett Comics superheroes.

• Earth 20: Not enough heroes for my taste; I’d prefer the Society of Superheroes’ roster be bolstered with other Pulp-like heroes.

• Earth 11: reboot it to more closely resemble Elseworlds’ Finest, with Kara Zor-El as the premier Kryptonian instead of “Clarkia Kent” and Barbara Gordon’s Batgirl instead of a gender-flipped Bruce Wayne as this Earth’s “Batman”.
    earth 16 idea sounds very cool i agree

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd like Earth 2 to stick around and I think an Earth 3 title could be pretty amazing in the right hands in a reborn Earth 3 (something more akin to the set up in the animated Crisis On Two Earths film). Give Earth 3 to Gail Simone to develop and flesh out and I'd be a very happy reader.

I'd love to see DC have fun with an Earth 8 title and it's "Majors" - not unlike how Marvel did and has used the Squadron Supreme over the years.

Earth 11 would be really interesting to me depending on how you approached it, because you could tell a lot of meta stories about gender, society and comicdom with it.

I'm not sure which worlds are Gotham by Gaslight or Amazonia in Multiversity, but I'm a sucker for a period costume drama, so it'd be cool if they were combined and expanded on to encompass the whole DCU. Throw in the Gothic and Dickensian and Steampunk and Wellsian and Victorian elements as a filter to superheroes and I'm there.
    this all sounds cool I agree

Fantastic Member

I would like to see an Earth 3 title. It could either take place before Earth 3 was destroyed or have a new Earth 3 and just set it in the Anti-Matter Universe. Since Owlman and Superwoman are the surviving members of the CSA, have them take charge and lead the new incarnation of Earth 3. It would just be fun and interesting seeing an Earth where evil is good and good is evil. Endless possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    aquaman or mera enve referred to each other as wife and husband?
    I think also to be queen she has to be married, but who knows the law there
    If I recall correctly, (and I might not be) their was direct reference to them being married (other than Mera being called the Queen) somewhere in the first year or so of the 52; maybe around the time of Throne of Atlantis?

But either way, until we're told otherwise, there's nothing to suggest that Atlantean monarchy law is different from the surface world's. Maybe Mera can still be their queen without being the king's wife. It's possible. But there's nothing to suggest that. And Mera has been called the queen several times since that "no marriages" thing went into effect. There's no way it's slipped past the editor's censor that many times. Therefore, DC must be aware of it, and they're not contradicting or clarifying it. So they're okay with Aquaman and Mera being married.

All that makes them is an exception to a rule though, its not that big a deal. And Animal Man is still married as far as I know too. I feel like there's another one or two as well, though I might be thinking of pre-52.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

A lot of good ideas but in some cases you are taking out elements than make each world characterstic. What could they offer if you take out what made them works?
    I'm with you in your points on earth 5, 20 (Adam Strange as a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers wannabe, for example) and 3. But differ on the others.
    About earth-16, a Titans earth sounds fun and exciting but what trully can offer to beyond a nostalgic trip? That's what Convergence is offering in some cases and really is more interesting to see how the sons of superheroes deal with the utopia.
    For a earth-4, ok, follow the Moore footsteps would be a pain in the neck and I would accept a varied narrative, but why not stablish a visual identity in earth-4? Maybe earth-4 would work as a series of miniseries, not necesary a continued series. Let's say an annual mini of eight number or two of four.
    About earth-11, I liked Elseworlds Finest, it was left a interesting world, but it have another feeling, beyond than "females leads". It was more like "secondary take the main spot", with Abin Sur, Robot Flash, Big Barda John Henry Irons as Shazam and all.
    And about earth-2, I just wish they would had Robinson more time. Who knows, maybe DC soon will return the original concept again. And people will moan why Wildcat can have that body with 90-something years old.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    About earth-16, a Titans earth sounds fun and exciting but what trully can offer to beyond a nostalgic trip? That's what Convergence is offering in some cases and really is more interesting to see how the sons of superheroes deal with the utopia.
    Well, you can't build a comic series around a utopia. An Earth where the legacies have grown up and replaced their forbears wouldn't have to be a nostalgia trip or a playground for media brats. I think you could make such a world more character driven rather than event driven. Beyond that? The theme of growing into the superhero role is one that's been done before, but it could be a steeper learning curve on a world where the legacies have no role models to turn to. Earth-2 had the concept of starting from scratch, but that seems to have been ditched.

In fact, built a series about an utopia isn't that hard. The leit motiv about stories in utopic worlds is than over what the utopia was built , which was the price and if is that what the people wanted. Because you can have a concept of utopia, but your son could want something different. Or even questioning if that utopia is really a utopia. Is about how is handled.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

e.
    Well with the marriage ban the fact that the characters doesn't refer to each other as wife and husband, IDK but it is worrying and very probable they aren't married .Bleeding cool said that aquaman and mera aren't married. http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/t...-In-The-New-52
    http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...w-52-until-she
    Not married at all it seems, mera is his bride.

yeah Animal man still married, maybe because he is a b-/c list character. At least one escaped

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In fact, built a series about an utopia isn't that hard. The leit motiv about stories in utopic worlds is than over what the utopia was built , which was the price and if is that what the people wanted. Because you can have a concept of utopia, but your son could want something different. Or even questioning if that utopia is really a utopia. Is about how is handled.
    It's a good theme, specially now the destopian futures are so abundant on media

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    And not being Married hasn't affect their relationship at all, so clearly you don't have to have them married for them to have a great relationship.

OT: A Earth 2 continuing from here:

Earth 16
    Earth 3
    Earth 8 (Lol)
    This Earth 2 is what brought me back to DC, it needs to stay around in order for me to continue purchasing DC products. If they make an Earth 24 or something that has pre-flashpoint elements of the old Earth 2, that's fine. But this Earth 2 needs to stay around. There's too much potential in these characters to throw them away, especially with Val Zod who I constantly say could easily be DC's version of miles morales if they do it right.
    Last edited by leo619; 01-08-2015 at 10:55 PM.