Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Unless Bobby has interplanetary range on transferring his consciousness, throwing him into space would sort him just fine. Throwing him into low earth orbit, maybe he could transfer yet, sure. Someone not being fast enough to grab and whup him into space before he does something to them, again, sure. But someone full out throwing him into space otherwise? That's about that. I'm not really wanting this to become "Iceman can laugh off being space tossed" unless you've got something for Bobby transferring himself across the vastness of, well, space. And even then, I'd be moderately leery of it.
    That's fair - my point was more that Hulk isn't throwing him at some fraction of lightspeed or anything, so Bobby ought to have time to send himself somewhere else on Earth. Granted, a lot of this is based on his whole "running multiple Bobbys across thousands of miles simultaneously" over multiple issues feats from the "Dis Bobby Be One Crazy Bey-otch" arc. That shows trivial multiple-thousand-mile range for the guy. Even if Hulk can throw him at mach 25, he's got at least 30 seconds to low Earth orbit.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Anyway... to come full circle. I'm basically referring to the general idea of space tossing Bobby, not whether the Hulk could actually manage it here. If someone could send Bobby to outer space, to find another race, that still looks like that would sort his hash fine, as the kids would say in the 1950s or whenever they actually said "sort his hash out".
    This seems right to me as well - I just don't think that the Hulk is capable of that level of BFR (if he doesn't get frozen before even getting close). It's not like he throws things at some speed that is so high that Bobby wouldn't have time to send his consciousness out.

If this was, say, Magik, teleporting him outside of Pluto's orbit, yup, his hash is well and truly sorted.*

* Note: I have no idea if that means what we think it means.

Hulk tanked getting blasted by a GOD of cold.

Are we really arguing Bobby is more powerful than Boreas?
    Last edited by TerryAce; 01-06-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: misspelled name

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post

What feats does Boreas have?

Wiki tells me that that appearance was literally the only time he's ever showed up and he didn't do anything else so uh
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    What feats does Boreas have?

Wiki tells me that that appearance was literally the only time he's ever showed up and he didn't do anything else so uh
    Yes, but Marvel has shown time and time again that Gods are stronger than humans with the same powers

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Yes, but Marvel has shown time and time again that Gods are stronger than humans with the same powers
    yeah. "gods" isn't really a feat. there are tons of gods in fiction and a lot of the mutants in marvel are way stronger than them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yeah. "gods" isn't really a feat. there are tons of gods in fiction and a lot of the mutants in marvel are way stronger than them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

We really, really are, and I'm usually the first to note when Iceman is being oversold.

Things have been provided that Iceman has done in this thread, what has Boreas done that is any better, or even as good? Guy has frozen a dude solid, down to his molecules style, which I don't myself dispute (only note that Legion basically laughed at that happening to him. It's still Bobby using his cold powers on a molecular level. It doesn't justify his eff the planet showing, but all the same, it's still the guy using his cold powers pretty thoroughly). Start from there.

edit: I realize the immediate dodge for this is saying some other reason that wouldn't matter for the Hulk. I'm not talking about the Hulk here. You claim Boreas is more powerful than Iceman. What things that happened in comic books involving things that Boreas and Iceman have done show that this is the case?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-06-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Things have been provided that Iceman has done in this thread, what has Boreas done that is any better, or even as good? Guy has frozen a dude solid, down to his molecules style, which I don't myself dispute (only note that Legion basically laughed at that happening to him. It's still Bobby using his cold powers on a molecular level. It doesn't justify his eff the planet showing, but all the same, it's still the guy using his cold powers pretty thoroughly). Start from there.

edit: I realize the immediate dodge for this is saying some other reason that wouldn't matter for the Hulk. I'm not talking about the Hulk here. You claim Boreas is more powerful than Iceman. What things that happened in comic books involving things that Boreas and Iceman have done show that this is the case?
    That.....is actually a good point. Comment withdrawn

For those doubting Hulk's ability to space-toss, here is Hulk space-tossing a giant robot in Hulk #107:

That might be a bit slow to deal with Bobby Drake before he can shift his mind elsewhere.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

It's probably also worth pointing out that within the comic where Iceman goes all Planet Hax, he was also taking it to Thor pretty damn well. So Marvel comics clearly don't subscribe to Gods >> Mutants every time.

On that note: setting aside the issue of whether said story arc was SMvsFL for Bobby, it sounds like by the end of the story, his mental barriers are back in place. Is there any evidence that they wouldn't also be in place in the arena? If so, why is anything that occurred there being cited for his capacity, with the space tossing and what not?

Is there any evidence that they wouldn't also be in place in the arena?
    I think that might fall under *bloodlust always on*
    Without discussing the point further, like I said, in the end Bobby remarked how easy it would be to cut loose again.