Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Batman and Joker "Lovin' It" In New McDonald's Ad

It looks like one of the longest rivalries in comics has ended in the latest ad from McDonald's that shows the Joker making a balloon animal for Batman.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

This trend-hopping, pandering, twee, pap is not going to get me to eat their poison garbage.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I liked all the happy hearts... one of the many things McD's fatty food damages.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Batman and Diet coke back in the day I understand... but mcdonalds should be used as the maker of the new smilex additive that Joker used to annihilate everyone through " Happy meals" and Batman has to destroy every. single. one. even in foreign land. js

... the article forgot to mention Freddy vs. Jason (!!)
    hopefully this gets lots of TV exposure.

Must've cost a fair bit using all of those trademarked characters, I'd imagine.

I wonder if that King Kong was generic enough to avoid paying the fee for his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Must've cost a fair bit using all of those trademarked characters, I'd imagine.
    Not like they can't afford it.

BANNED

Cute and it has a catchy tune.

I grew up on McDonalds as child. My beloved Grandmother (who has passed on) used to take me there all the time from my earliest days to my pre-teen days. After her death I resolved to always eat at McDonalds, at least once a week. As a child I was always fascinated by the golden arches and red backdrop. For me McDonalds became synonymous with 'magic', 'family' and 'happiness'. Unlike many of the haters I continue to standby McDonalds and I hope that they'll continue to be around for many years and impact the life of many a child to come as it did for me.

That television ad is whimsical, touching and charming, when Mario and Bowser and Dorothy and the Wicked Witch came up on the screen I almost screamed with joy as my childhood memories came rushing back.

And yet we don't see Ronald set down with The King? How odd.

fat batman with stick legs should be enough for most people to avoid eating mcdonalds (not me though)
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Not like they can't afford it.
    Very true. I just think it's interesting, and I'm no marketing expert, how money spent on something like this which is admittedly eye catching and no doubt appealing, will be returned. But they do have money to spare despite their recent drops, true.

Amazing Member

For some strange reason i found that Ad funny(nice song though)

Astonishing Member

iconic is iconic.