Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Everything on this page are either examples of how being nude or partially clothed is not the same as sexualised; or just possibly intended as sexualisation but so badly done I suspect no woman anywhere has found those images attractive. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

(I do like Magneto's splendid mullet, but not for sexytime reasons.)

Honestly, drawing men so that women find them hot is not extraordinarily difficult. The artists that have been mentioned by women/gay men as drawing sex.y men (eg. Coipel, Mann, Dauterman, Mckelvie) are also frequently mentioned by straight male posters as being great artists. I'd generalise that women tend to find body types within the range of possible and not exaggeratedly hyper muscular, and almost all of the female posters who have posted have said just that. The way over the top cartoony muscles in comics seems to be on the way out of fashion anyway.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 01-03-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Everything on this page are either examples of how being nude or partially clothed is not the same as sexualised; or just possibly intended as sexualisation but so badly done I suspect no woman anywhere has found those images attractive. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

(I do like Magneto's splendid mullet, but not for sexy time reasons.)
    Those weren't posted for the intentions of saying they are being sexualized. (the Doctor Strange one excluded) They were posted to refute another posters post claiming there are some many variations in the male body type in comics. The same poster claimed that older men in comics is a large example of that but my position is that even they are equal in body type to the men in their late teens to late thirties in comics.

Just to note....you can't speak for all women either. People really need to stop using all encompassing terms in this thread.
    Last edited by Trident; 01-03-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Those weren't posted for the intentions of saying they are being sexualized. (the Doctor Strange one excluded) They were posted to refute another posters post claiming there are some many variations in the male body type in comics. The same poster claimed that older men in comics is a large example of that but my position is that even they are equal in body type to the men in their late teens to late thirties in comics.

Just to note....you can't speak for all women either. People really need to stop using all encompassing terms in this thread. All men don't X the same way all women don't like Y.
    Wasn't speaking for all women. Hence using the term "I suspect.." With regard to male body type a lot depends on the artist. Some seem incapable of drawing more than one type for males and females. Which I find boring, personally. Others are much better.
    "Self has no time for this."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I actually don't have a problem with this. I just think that it's off base when people claim that the men in comics aren't sexualized and when some of the claims of "sexualization" are over exaggerated.

I mean this very thread is proof of the double standard. If I created a thread inquire for shots of hot women in comics in spite of my intentions it would have quickly been filled with remarks of me being a sexist pig/horn ball and so on and would eventually have been shut down within a few pages. However, this thread is still going with posters still trying to give to OP what she asked for. Think about it what that says in terms of the conversations we are having......It tells that women can ask for hunky, sexy, and attractive dudes. However, men are demeaning, degrading, and over sexualizing women due to the nature that most major players in comics are pretty and that they want the same things from the opposite gender.

Real equal treatment for you. (sarcasm)

They are but that is a male power fantasy. *rolls eyes*
    Well, there have been attempts to do cheesecake oriented threads before but they get locked because either people keep trying to post inappropriate things or people take arguments WAY out of hand. Even in this thread the Moderators warned early on not to go to far with the beefcake and several pages of comments have been either moved or deleted. So, I don't think you say that CBR are being unfair...

But why not start a "Beautiful Women of Marvel" Thread or something. Saying that someone might call you "sexist" shouldn't hold you back if it's something you really want to do

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, there have been attempts to do cheesecake oriented threads before but they get locked because either people keep trying to post inappropriate things or people take arguments WAY out of hand. Even in this thread the Moderators warned early on not to go to far with the beefcake and several pages of comments have been either moved or deleted. So, I don't think you say that CBR are being unfair...

But why not start a "Beautiful Women of Marvel" Thread or something. Saying that someone might call you "sexist" shouldn't hold you back if it's something you really want to do

I don't want to create that thread. Just making a point.
    Last edited by Trident; 01-03-2015 at 10:51 AM.

BANNED

The several pages were removed for thread drift, rather than for being inappropriate. I think Trident's point is spot-on. The fact that this thread exists and has been welcomed rather than shamed is evidence of sexualised men not being considered an issue.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Wasn't speaking for all women. Hence using the term "I suspect.." With regard to male body type a lot depends on the artist. Some seem incapable of drawing more than one type for males and females. Which I find boring, personally. Others are much better.
    This is true. Sometimes it's a stylistic thing, many times it's shows the artist's limitations. This is John Byrne art from the 80's. Although most of the characters are glorified and idealized, Byrne has still taken care to provide at least slight variations on body types. Sue looks differrent from Carol who's different from Storm. Steve is different from Scott who's different from Peter

BANNED

I want a female version of Puck, and to not see people complain about it afterwards.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    The several pages were removed for thread drift, rather than for being inappropriate. I think Trident's point is spot-on. The fact that this thread exists and has been welcomed rather than shamed is evidence of sexualised men not being considered an issue.
    But if it was kept tasteful, I don't anyone would "shame" the thread. I think the bigger problem is that such a thread would attract some immature people if was called "cheesecake" or something titillating.

Even in the Women of Marvel Appreciation thread, while there's not a great level of say Ed Benes gratuitousness, I'd still say many of the pics are sexualized. Sexualiztion isn't the problem (unless we're talking about Dora the Explora or something), it's when does it go too far...

It doesn't have to be all or nothing when it comes to sexuality in comics

Drawing a male character without a shirt does not automatically sexualize him.
    It's about posture, accentuation and attitude.
    Clothing (or lack thereof) is nothing more than an accessory that can be used to enhance the other three... or not.

Same thing for females.
    An scantily or unclothed female that's not drawn with a provocative posture, highlights or direction lines to accentuate areas to look or a sensual attitude are only appealing to kids who get kicks by imagining girls naked. (think immature blushing, giggles and sheepish grins)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I want a female version of Puck, and to not see people complain about it afterwards.
    There was a female Puck and she was drawn like a young adult woman. But I'm guessing you mean a female dwarf? If it was done tastefully why would people complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Well... there's always Thumbellina...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

There was a female Puck and she was drawn like a young adult woman. But I'm guessing you mean a female dwarf? If it was done tastefully why would people complain?
    Because people complain about everything?

There's not one...single thing...everyone in the world agrees on.

Yes, I realize my original post on this was exceptionally unrealistic. But that's why they're called wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Well... there's always Thumbellina...

My my, what huge bresteseses.

Definitely sexualized.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Can we get less arguing and more pics like this please?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Can we get less arguing and more pics like this please?
    We would have a lot more pics of this sort if we could include Nightwing, but he's a DC guy.