Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    *sighs* The E2 hate continues.
    Well, it isn't coming out of nowhere; the book did get turned into crap, fast.

For me, besides Earth 2, I'd have to say StormWatch (which DC people clearly didn't get), Green Arrow post-Lemire and, it saddens me to say, Flash post-Manapul.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

For me, besides Earth 2, I'd have to say StormWatch (which DC people clearly didn't get), Green Arrow post-Lemire and, it saddens me to say, Flash post-Manapul.

Well too bad I can't talk about it in the threads, because I actually like World's End. Talking to people about a series you love to people who hate it immensely is completely useless lol.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-04-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

Sorry, another vote for Earth-2! It's become a huge crap-fest after issue 26
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    I was enjoying Winick and March on Catwoman.

Then Ann came in, and it was WTF
    Same with me. It wasn't incredible, but quite enjoyable. Then came Nocenti....

Green Arrow had started at the bottom, went way up, and now it has dropped again. I wonder if we'll see another up with that book?

Always Rakzo

I don't think that Green Arrow pre-Lemire was as bad as some people say. Krul's little arc was solid with a quite on-point characterization of Ollie, Giffen's run was... pretty unremarkable but harmless, Nocenti's first half was actually pretty good with some interesting stories but the last half was just dull. There's no doubt that once that Lemire came on board the quality went up to the roof though.

Earth 2 is obviously the most fluctuating in terms of quality. Robinson's run had great ideas and direction but sometimes poor execution and Taylor's had derivative ideas and poor direction but a better execution overall. The current run is simply terrible of course.

Green Lantern is just as good as it was under Johns for me currently.

Catwoman under Winick was fun. Under Nocenti it was an atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I thought Robinson had better pacing and plotting, too. Taylor's run was ten issues and a lot of it felt like one arc stretched with a lot of filler.
    Yep, while Robinson's story moved slowly, he packed each issue with a lot of details about the world. Taylor on the other hand barely progressed the plot and you felt like each chapter had very little content.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I thought ANIMAL MAN was amazing for like the first 3 issues and then it just became such a big overlong event mess thing. Blah.

Batwing for me. Batman of Africa was a great concept and I really liked Ben Oliver's art. Unfortunately they stripped everything that was interesting about the character away.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

birds of prey imo
    started off okay but eventually the book just went off the rails and never recovered. Black Canary hasn't been around since
    Honorably mention to Hawkman
    Hyped up as this definitive continuity mess free version of the character and just went no where

Red Hood and Superboy are the ones I read that dropped in quality.

Incredible Member

Earth 2. As others have said, lol.
    Batwing. The first arc was good but it took a nosedive and somehow managed like thirty issues.
    Birds of Prey. Same as Batwing.
    Green Arrow. Was crap, Lemire and Sorrentino made it godly, and now it's crap again.
    Wonder Woman.

Earth 2: Absolutely loved Robinson's run, it was one of my favorite books of the New 52 and then it started to decline in quality slightly when Taylor took over, but now it's terrible.
    Catwoman: Really enjoyed Winnick's run and then Nocenti....*shudders*
    Green Arrow: Lemire's run was great but now it's gone back to being bad.
    Batwoman: I haven't hated the new team on Batwoman but it's been a major decline in quality.
    Flash: I dropped Flash after the first issue of Vendetti's run.
    Green Lantern: I really liked Godhead but the solo GL title hasn't been great

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Earth 2: Absolutely loved Robinson's run, it was one of my favorite books of the New 52 and then it started to decline in quality slightly when Taylor took over, but now it's terrible.
    Catwoman: Really enjoyed Winnick's run and then Nocenti....*shudders*
    Green Arrow: Lemire's run was great but now it's gone back to being bad.
    Batwoman: I haven't hated the new team on Batwoman but it's been a major decline in quality.
    Flash: I dropped Flash after the first issue of Vendetti's run.
    Green Lantern: I really liked Godhead but the solo GL title hasn't been great
    Flash is kind of "on the bubble" for me, now (then again, everything is since I might not be able to afford comics in the near future). The writing is 'meh', at best, and I really don't care for the art anymore.

I'll join in the voices mentioning quality (an enjoyment) declines in Flash and Green Lantern after the original creative teams officially left. The main Green Lantern book's somewhat improved, especially around Godhead, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I did during the Johns run and I really wish Flash was better than it is currently .

BANNED

I see that some people said Batwoman. Which is funny because I didn't like the book until Marc came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I thought ANIMAL MAN was amazing for like the first 3 issues and then it just became such a big overlong event mess thing. Blah.
    Yeah it was one of the best books out there but Rotworld killed it.