Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'd go with Superboy. Drastically declined when Lobdell left and DeFalco took over. In fairness to DeFalco if the Jon Kent stuff still was going to come into play had Lobdell stayed it still would have had its problems, but still virtually every aspect be it plot and tone nosedived when DeFalco came aboard. It went from this intriguing young technopunk feel to generic teen angst over night.

BANNED

If 26 issues is "quick" for you, then you're not familiar with New 52 itself. Most titles don't even get close to that number of issues in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it was one of the best books out there but Rotworld killed it.
    Yep, I thought it bounced back a bit afterwards, but by then it was too late. Whoever greenlighted a ten part story to basically kick off a series wasn't thinking clearly. The family emphasis was what drew me to the first few issues, but all that got buried under that un-ending crossover.

BANNED

I'm inclined to say Wonder Woman, because the fall was immediate between creative teams.
    But other conteders include:
    Earth-2, it was gradual here, Robinson started off high and Taylor came in and slowly brought it down to the tracks of elimination it's now stuck on.
    Catwoman, Winnick and March made a good book, but not everyone liked it, then Nocenti came in and it became a book noone liked.
    JLD, as shocking as this might be, for once the addition of Jemire on a book actually made it suck.
    Batwoman, like Wonder Woman, the fall was immediate, but despite all the junk that now clutters it up the book was still readable untill now.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Flash is kind of "on the bubble" for me, now (then again, everything is since I might not be able to afford comics in the near future). The writing is 'meh', at best, and I really don't care for the art anymore.
    Yeah that's how I feel. I loved Manapul's art on Flash but Booth, while I usually like his stuff has been just...generic for me. It's just meh.

BANNED

Superboy after the first five or so issues.

Green Lantern after Johns left.

Wonder Woman after Azz/Chiang.

Animal Man with Rotworld.

Justice League Dark. At least under Milligan it felt like a Vertigo book, not superheroes who just shoot glowy beams of light at people for their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    demon knights after cornell walked away
    Not really sure about that. Cornell's run had gotten very lacklustre towards the end, the start of Venditti's short run at the least were the strongest the book had been in a while.

EDIT:

Legion of Super-Heroes. Became genuinely good for an issue or two after Giffen came on. But of course, that didn't really seem to be what Levitz was going for with this run, so off he went again.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 01-05-2015 at 09:36 AM.

I never read Earth 2 so I cant speak to it but Justice League 3000 has been a giant boiling pot of deuce since it started. I thought it would be an interesting idea and story and it has just been a huge let down. I disagree about the GL hate I think its been good nothing spectacular by any means but its been good. Too many tie ins though I think that makes it hard for people to read because you have to buy 4-5 books a month to keep up with the story. WW has been the best book out there IMO and the finches run is doing good too some people just don't like change. But JL3000 = no bueno.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red_11 View Post
    Batwing for me. Batman of Africa was a great concept and I really liked Ben Oliver's art. Unfortunately they stripped everything that was interesting about the character away.
    That one gets my vote and for the very same reason. It was a great concept and a title I looked forward to every month but then it was changed from something very unique into something that really wasn't anymore.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Birds of prey
    earth 2
    batwoman
    stormwatch
    ravagers

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That one gets my vote and for the very same reason. It was a great concept and a title I looked forward to every month but then it was changed from something very unique into something that really wasn't anymore.
    If it hadn't been changed, then it would have been canceled long before it was eventually culled.

Personally, I really like Luke Fox.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    If it hadn't been changed, then it would have been canceled long before it was eventually culled.

Personally, I really like Luke Fox.
    No doubt it would have and I would have been a good deal happier if it had just been cancelled outright. I think DC was hoping sales would improve if they shifted the focus of the title back to Gotham and if they could find a character that had closer ties to Batman. Unfortunantly that didn't work out and sales failed to pick up much with the shift in direction. The way the whole thing was handled alienated fans of David Zavimbe among other reasons which caused a few people, like me, to outright drop the title. Personally, I don't like Luke Fox at all and I lay blame for that on the way the transition between the two characters was handled. The was no reason at all for mentioning that Luke was Batman's "first choice" for the mantle. By outright stating that it made it appear as if David was not of importance and it was a smack in the face to his fans as well as being a disservice to the character.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-07-2015 at 04:09 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Aquaman. That first issue was GREAT. The Trench storyline that followed was pretty good, but then we rushed headlong into Black Manta gutting someone and grimdeathviolenceanger with the Others and the relics of Atlantis and the whole thing just became dark and not at all enjoyable.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Virtually every title I read dropped in quality fairly soon after their debut. Swamp Thing and Animal Man were ruined by Rotworld, Batwoman was ruined by editorial meddling that prevented Williams and Blackman from telling their stories, Demon Knights lost all of its luster after the first arc, JL: Dark didn't even take that long, Earth 2 bored me after about six issues, Wonder Woman dragged a lot in it second year.

I realize that there are probably a number of very good titles right now but it's not for nothing that I've gone from being excited about the launch of the New 52 to reading no DCU titles whatsoever except for Multiversity.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I'm enjoying Earth-2 but it really needs to stop being a 'how do we kill off large chunks of the population this time' comic. Can we get back to the world building that it seemed to be going for at the beginning.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Red_11 View Post
    Batwing for me. Batman of Africa was a great concept and I really liked Ben Oliver's art. Unfortunately they stripped everything that was interesting about the character away.
    Since he was in Africa did he ever deal with Gorilla City?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."