Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you think the Star Wars comics will be worth all the hype?

or do you think It'll be a case of the hype is larger than what you actually get

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Only time will tell to be honest, having said though it's not like I'm going to be following the books as I'm not really into Star Wars.

BANNED

No, I really don't.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe. Maybe not.

Amazing Member

Based on the creative teams I definitely think they'll be good. Not Marvel's best, but good.

They really don't seem to be Marvel fans' most hyped books though, at least on message boards.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think they'll do well, especially with the creative teams, but to be fair the main books are so different to what Dark Horse were doing before. Heck the main book with the main cast is an exact copy of the last main book DH was doing before they finish, set between IV and V. But people do still have a real fondness for Luke and Company, and Vader too. So we'll have to see. They have a tie in to Star Wars Rebels planned too I gather, which should appeal to the fans of that.

I sure hope so seeing as I have pre-ordered them all

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I sure hope so seeing as I have pre-ordered them all
    All? That must have come up to quite a bit as I've lost count how many variants there are.

I have 2 copies of the Alex Ross cover reserved, it's quite nice. I think the series may stay around as long as the next 3 Disney movies...

Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    But people do still have a real fondness for Luke and Company, and Vader too. So we'll have to see. They have a tie in to Star Wars Rebels planned too I gather, which should appeal to the fans of that.
    Not sure about the old DH readers. Empire/Rebellion was cancelled because of low sales.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Not sure about the old DH readers. Empire/Rebellion was cancelled because of low sales.
    The first few Empire stories were amazing and I don't know if Marvel could top them.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Incredible Member

Well, they have their A-list talent on them. I took a gamble and pre-ordered them all. I hope they are good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The first few Empire stories were amazing and I don't know if Marvel could top them.
    They were really good, but i am not sure if i would call them brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    All? That must have come up to quite a bit as I've lost count how many variants there are.

I have 2 copies of the Alex Ross cover reserved, it's quite nice. I think the series may stay around as long as the next 3 Disney movies...

I didnt mean all the variants lol holy cow that would be a ton of cash. I have just pre-ordered all normal cover issues.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I was thinking more of the 'Star Wars' series with the Alex Ross covers which was cancelled. How well did that do incidentally?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

They were really good, but i am not sure if i would call them brilliant.
    I really loved the first arc about the plot to assassinate Vader and the emperor, as well as the stories with Janek Sunber who sadly we will probably never hear from again.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."