Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    Well, I think I got the answer I wanted. Though, I cannot understand the love of this series (and Avengers Arena, for that matter) particularly if you are a fan of Avengers Academy and the Runaways. The way those characters have been handled for the past three years are very disappointing at least in my eyes.
    However, if you enjoy the series, it's cool nothing wrong with that.
    i detested Arena I detested even the sleazy concept of Arena, But I like this series

Ultimate Member

That's probably because this series (aside from being better written overall) doesn't come across as a cheap/blatant cash-in on popular book/movie franchises. It also doesn't wastefully kill off teenage characters with potential in a incredibly stupid and dull premise. This premise is actually interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That's probably because this series (aside from being better written overall) doesn't come across as a cheap/blatant cash-in on popular book/movie franchises. It also doesn't wastefully kill off teenage characters with potential in a incredibly stupid and dull premise. This premise is actually interesting.
    Arena didn't kill any more characters than an average Remender story.

Ultimate Member

And I've complained about Remender's death fetish a lot, so that's no defense to me. But at least Remender was doing his own stuff and not ripping off BR/THG.

BANNED

Considering that Marvel told him to write that story, you can't really fault Hopeless for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Considering that Marvel told him to write that story, you can't really fault Hopeless for that.
    That's true, Hopeless was at first against the idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    That's true, Hopeless at first was against the idea of writting Arena, as he was more interested in writting a Braddock Academy book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Regarding the Runaways (both focal and cameo) I'd like to post my 2 cents.

Nico: I've made my peace with this idea of Nico heading down a more villainous path. I'm fine with it. It works. It would also make her one of the more interesting (akin to Magneto's complexity) villains -- particularly for her age group. And teen Marvel is really lacking in quality teen villains.

Chase: I've no preference with Chase. I see him clinging more to his guilt and potentially attempting to sway Nico from the dark side, keeping Molly in mind and what not.

Karolina: I'm indifferent to Karolina. She can be a cameo queen as far as I'm concerned -- and I say that with no maliciousness in mind, of course. I just can't really see her being inserted into any "super hero" lifestyle. She is the character I found least invested in that spandexed future.

Molly: She has a future in X-books or Avengers Academy style books. Easy peasy.

Victor: Easily voted most likely to engage in super heroics. I see him ASSEMBLING alongside the Young Avengers, hellbent on disproving/overcoming his intended villainous programming.
    Regarding Nico, I doubt we'll see her become an outright villain, as such a development is unlikely to last beyond another writer wanting to use her, and I feel that Hopeless would prefer to keep the door for another Runaways title open. She's clearly headed down a darker path, however, but provided she's given a good enough motivation, I don't think I'd have many problems with that. The hero/villain scale in the Marvel universe is nuanced enough to allow for characters such as Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Venom, SpOck, Magik, Red Hulk, and the Punisher to generally operate on the side of the good guys, and I can see Nico easily fitting in with those anti-heroes who keep blurring that line. It's also an area that's rather devoid of teens, so maybe Mania won't feel that alone in the edgy corner any more.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Loved this issue. Zemo's speech about "villains" was awesome and I really loved the panels with Cammi and her Mum. I have just been rereading Annihilation so that bit was all the more poignant, nice to see her Mum trying to make amends. My only gripe is that SHIELD took the survivors down a little too easily?

Kev Walker is going to leave behind some pretty big shoes to fill when he moves across to Avengers. I hope its just a short stint and we see him return. That said, I vote Schiti as his replacement. One of the best in the business as far as I'm concerned. He seems to be bouncing between titles at the minute so if he found himself on AU after NA that would be great!

Another preview for issue 5 that Bill Roseman posted on his twitter:

BANNED

Your username is awesome, Bipster!

Nobody draws Cammi better than Kev. She actually looks like a 13 year old girl.
    I hope Denis explains the mystery of her vision etc this time around.

Another amazing preview page. Cammi looks awesome flying with her jetpack. It looks like Hellstorm not only help the kids escape from prison, but also gave them back their items and weapons.

I think that Hopeless will explain how Cammi got all those weapons and upgrades in future issues, I also hope that he will reveal Anachronism's full name (really I can't be the only one bugged about that fact...)

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post

Lol wait...she's 13? I didn't know she was 13 lol. Don't matter, this and Ms Marvel are still my fave titles!!
    I can understand the vehement hate that this title receives, really, but i hope it lasts for a long, long time. Or, for however long Hopeless needs to tell his story.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post

She didn't look 13 when she was wearing that fancy dress. Was confused over there and see seems pretty obsessed over Drax, childhood crush on a guy she barely knows because of a few adventures they went on?

Anyway, seems like Cammi is'nt accepting the deal. Maybe she'll be put on a team with those like Striker, Finesse and some Runaway characters and the such to track down and try to save the Teens that bought into Zemo's story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    Alright, one more question. Cammi. Is she really the Mary Sue everyone seems to make her out to be?
    No she isn't, she has a history of running from Authorities from her space adventures so she would know what to look out for and avoid. So it makes sense how she's acting, she's also young so she wouldn't be so easily bought into Zemo's story because she sees Zemo as only Evil. That and she doesn't want to be tricked or used by anyone else either.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-18-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bipster View Post
    Another preview for issue 5 that Bill Roseman posted on his twitter:

Had a feeling she wasn't going to join the Masters of Evil, although I have a feeling that Zemo isn't going to just going to let her leave.

On a side note, is that an Iphone attached to her wrist? If it is interesting way for a hero to carry a phone around.