Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Anyone disappointed that Garfield's Spider-Man won't meet the Avengers?

Why Sony and Marvel have to let their egos get in the way. Like, one studio wants to have control of this, the other one wants to have control of that. Why not shake hands and do the crossover?

I think they changed their minds about putting them in the same universe (if it was true to begin with)
    Last edited by DCCoolness; 01-05-2015 at 09:25 AM.

BANNED

Considering how trusting Sony would mean letting Avi Arad have any say in what happens, I don't blame Kevin Feige for wanting him gone. However, it's also not just Marvel that's preventing Andrew Garfield, as his comments about Sony messing with ASM2 have led most to expect that Sony is willing to toss him aside as well.

It's not just a matter of egos. It requires adopting the baggage of other films, and that's something Marvel wants to avoid.

Sony's also interested in making as many peripheral films as possible, which goes against Marvel's current plan of keeping the number of films per year low to avoid overexposure.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Though I do understand why, it's still a bummer. I much preferred Garfield over Maguire, though I am open to seeing who becomes Peter Parker next.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Not really. It's not Garfield's fault, but his Spidey is not a character that I particularly like so far. That's due to the mediocre to atrocious writing in the ASM films.

iMan 42s

Amazing 2 just did to much wrong and makes it difficult to put in the Mcu. They do have a pretty tight continuity and this would makes things a bit weird. It's definitely not impossible but certain things would have to be left out and I'm sure Sony doesn't want that.

I personally would want spider-man's world expanded upon with what I've mentioned as 2099. Giving hints there is a Peter Parker but isn't seen but we know he exists and can acknowledge whatever Sony is doing without interfering with either continuity.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Not really. It's not Garfield's fault, but his Spidey is not a character that I particularly like so far. That's due to the mediocre to atrocious writing in the ASM films.
    Agreed. If Spidey should ever appear in the MCU, I'd prefer a rebooted version instead of Garfield.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not just a matter of egos. It requires adopting the baggage of other films, and that's something Marvel wants to avoid.

Sony's also interested in making as many peripheral films as possible, which goes against Marvel's current plan of keeping the number of films per year low to avoid overexposure.
    "Low"? Their goal is to increase the number of films per year, which is why they're now moving to having three films a year, and that's just looking at Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    "Low"? Their goal is to increase the number of films per year, which is why they're now moving to having three films a year, and that's just looking at Marvel Studios.
    Three films an year is still relatively low. And it took a while to reach that point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

I wonder how they would explain the Avengers' absence during Electro's attack in NYC if they connected both universes together. They could say the Avengers were on a mission in another country during the events of ASM 2. Maybe they consider Electro small fry compare to Loki, so they let Spidey handle it alone.
    Last edited by DCCoolness; 01-05-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    Why Sony and Marvel have to let their egos get in the way. Like, one studio wants to have control of this, the other one wants to have control of that. Why not shake hands and do the crossover?

I think they changed their minds about putting them in the same universe (if it was true to begin with)

"Amazing Spider-Man 3" and "Captain America: Civil War" are reportedly both going to be filmed in Atlanta.

So we'll see...

Another thing I will say is the casting of the main cast in the Amazing Spider-Man movies was perfect. Garfield as Peter, Emma Stone and Gwen Stacy. Uncle Ben.

But to me.. the greatest casting was Sally Fields as Aunt May. The chemistry her and Peter have in those movies are so beautiful and the best parts of the film and they really tug at your heart strings. They have their funny moments and their touching moments and like in the comic it's obvious to tell that she 'knows' Peter is Spider-Man just as she told him in the comics she had known for quite some time.

But the casting is what makes that movies fantastic or give it the potential for something fantastic. If they had the proper writers and SONY stopped messing with Webb's vision and cutting half the things he puts in the movie(look at the movie previews, there's several scenes that are important in the trailer that you don't see in the films). Then the movies would do much better.

But I have a feeling we'll be in for a bit of a surprise if the news about Civil War and ASM3 filming in Atlanta are both true.

Also the Avengers Age of Ultron reshoots they are doing right now. Could it be a Spider-Man cameo? We don't know..we'll have to see.
    Last edited by Majesty; 01-07-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    "Amazing Spider-Man 3" and "Captain America: Civil War" are reportedly both going to be filmed in Atlanta.

So we'll see...

Another thing I will say is the casting of the main cast in the Amazing Spider-Man movies was perfect. Garfield as Peter, Emma Stone and Gwen Stacy. Uncle Ben.

But to me.. the greatest casting was Sally Fields as Aunt May. The chemistry her and Peter have in those movies are so beautiful and the best parts of the film and they really tug at your heart strings. They have their funny moments and their touching moments and like in the comic it's obvious to tell that she 'knows' Peter is Spider-Man just as she told him in the comics she had known for quite some time.

But the casting is what makes that movies fantastic or give it the potential for something fantastic. If they had the proper writers and SONY stopped messing with Webb's vision and cutting half the things he puts in the movie(look at the movie previews, there's several scenes that are important in the trailer that you don't see in the films). Then the movies would do much better.

But I have a feeling we'll be in for a bit of a surprise if the news about Civil War and ASM3 filming in Atlanta are both true.

Also the Avengers Age of Ultron reshoots they are doing right now. Could it be a Spider-Man cameo? We don't know..we'll have to see.
    The Aunt May/Peter scenes were the highlights of the film, with the Spider-Man sequences coming in second. As much as the first film failed with the Uncle Ben/Peter relationship, it succeeded Aunt May/Peter in the second film and some parts of the first film. THAT relationship felt most true to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlight View Post
    The Aunt May/Peter scenes were the highlights of the film, with the Spider-Man sequences coming in second. As much as the first film failed with the Uncle Ben/Peter relationship, it succeeded Aunt May/Peter in the second film and some parts of the first film. THAT relationship felt most true to the source material.
    It is. It's part of the reason I am happy that Garfield will be returning for Amazing Spider-Man 3. There is no two actors and actresses I liked more in those movies than Peter and Aunt May. They are the highlights of the film and deserve to be part of the Marvel cinematic universe. If Sally Fields was always Aunt May and Garfield was Spider-Man then I wouldn't mind any other casting decisions. They also had a fantastic Gwen Stacy(and future Spider-Gwen if they go that route as she looks like Emma Stone anyway). But the cast is perfect.

I swear if these reshoots have anything to do with a Civil War lead in and introducing Andrew Garfield into the universe in a crossover that would be amazing!

The only thing they also have to do is bring in J.K. Simmons as JJJ again

They've been keeping him off-screen for a while, so part of me wonders if that's some sort of surprise in store.

Anyway, Garfield as Peter/Spider-Man, Fields as Aunt May, JK Simmons and Jameson and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.

And as I said, if the Ending to Age of Ultron is a Civil War nod, and we see Garfield as Peter Parker, the internet will break that day lol.

When everyone was clamoring for Spider-Man to be in the Avengers most of us had Andrew Garfield in mind.

Strictly for the fact we NEED that epic scene between him and Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark.

You know the scene..

http://rebloggy.com/post/robert-down...pi/22921930589

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Actually in TASM 1 he does care for his aunt and uncle. He moarned for his uncle and he was protective for his aunt may. In the deleted scenes he does care for them. In 2 they just shoved Richard down our throats. In the deleted scenes however he is shown to care fir his aunt and the editing in that movie just switched a few scenes around just to make Richard relevant.

And this is what I talked about earlier when I said if Sony doesn't keep messing with Webb's vision.

When we see the deleted scenes and scenes in the trailers that look like they have an important aspect on the movie and then they AREN'T in the film it feels like we're missing half the movie.

Remember, in the first movie there was an entire scene to show Peter's genius when he 'figured' out the formula on a chalkboard and such with Dr. Connors. But in the movie that entire scene is out and he had to settle with doing it in a scene, on a napkin, 'off the dome'.

Somehow I don't think Webb's getting his full vision in, and I blame SONY as much for that as I do him. But there's obviously something MORE there the movies have wanted to touch on that we never get to see cause they aren't in the final cut.
    Last edited by Majesty; 01-07-2015 at 05:52 PM.

I am disappointed, I thought Garfield was a fine Spider-Man... Strangely confident and muttering Peter Parker but a fine Spider-Man who could have been made to fit well with the cinematic Avengers.