Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How to Integrate Ultimate Jessica Drew into the new 616

With Secret Wars around the corner it seems like the Ultimate Universe is about to come to an end (for real this time,) and that the 616 (or whatever Battleworld will evolve into) will absorb some of it's refugees. Ultimate Jessica Drew is a fairly unique creation, and she is important enough to the Miles Morals Spider Man and has enough potential that I would not be surprised to see her make the jump. I'm not sure how she would fit in, though.

Ultimate Jessica is not a character that seems to have a role in the main Marvel Universe as is. We already have a Jessica Drew, several Spider-Women and a Black Widow, after all. I don't see her keeping the Drew last name if she survives the merger. I could see her going by Jessica Parker or perhaps Riley. If Kaine isn't resurrected before the end of Spider Verse I could also see Jess taking the Scarlet Spider ID. She seemed to bond with her clone brothers a bit in the mini, and she always wore red so it works.

I also see her as having a much better relationship with 616 Peter then she did with Ultimate Peter. 616 Peter has been around longer then his Ultimate counterpart and he has dealt with clones and things far stranger then clones before, so I don't see him being as bothered by Jess as Ultimate Pete was. The age difference probably helps in that regard, too. If Kaine does make it out of Spider-verse, I would like to see some sort of bond between the clones as well.

Thoughts?

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

If the current ongoings continue after secret wars, I highly doubt she'd make it. Assuming she does. maybe she can form a spider-team with all the other spiders who don't have books, Mayday, Anya, Kaine etc.

I guess it depends upon how those at Marvel handle the latest Secret Wars' aftermath:

1. Do the Universes actually merge, or do the Ultimate characters crossover to some variant of 616 with their respective pasts intact?

2. If the universes do merge, what exactly does that mean? Will any of the characters, including the integrated ones originally from the Ultimate Universe, even remember the events of Secret Wars or what came before?

Asuming that the universes stay mereged Post-Secret Wars and she survives, she could possibly take on the name of Arachne since there's already a Black Widow alive and well or if Kaine doesn't survive Spider-Verse, become the new Scarlet Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Asuming that the universes stay mereged Post-Secret Wars and she survives, she could possibly take on the name of Arachne since there's already a Black Widow alive and well or if Kaine doesn't survive Spider-Verse, become the new Scarlet Spider.
    Or combine Black Widow and Scarlet Spider and you have Red Widow, which is a real spider too

Amazing Member

What about ultimate peter? Everyone is just forgetting him and hes way more important than ultimate miles or jess.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man24 View Post
    What about ultimate peter? Everyone is just forgetting him and hes way more important than ultimate miles or jess.
    Brian apparently said that the Peter who appeared in the recent Ultimate Spider-Man storyline - whether he is the actual Peter or not - will have a role to play in Ultimate End, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man24 View Post
    Because having two separate Peter Parkers permanently sharing the same merged universe would be extremely confusing, to put it mildly. Such a situation is a can of worms I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Because having two separate Peter Parkers permanently sharing the same merged universe would be extremely confusing, to put it mildly. Such a situation is a can of worms I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
    Depending on how Secret Wars goes and whether they stick with Battleworld or return to some form of Earth, we may end up with more than two Peter Parkers anyway. And I pretty sure it's not that confusing, people who managed Spidey Verse with tons of Spider-Men and Women will likely be fine with a handful on a regular basis.

Astonishing Member

Personally, I think that having Ultimate Jessica Drew to Earth-616 would be a very confusing one at that. I say that all of the UU characters should remain in their own universe, like MC2. To have a merged universe is a very STUPID idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Personally, I think that having Ultimate Jessica Drew to Earth-616 would be a very confusing one at that. I say that all of the UU characters should remain in their own universe, like MC2. To have a merged universe is a very STUPID idea....
    I feel the same way, honestly I think Battleworld works as it is. You get all the universes unaltered (albeit bits of them) and they can easily crossover without the need to merge things.

iMan 42s

Ultimate Peter becomes Ben Reilly? Be easy to integrate considering he is considered dead in the Ultimate Universe. I still want Kaine back though. How about Scarlet spiders as a full series? Kaine, Ultimate Peter, and Ultimate Jessica Drew. Add Anya and she can lead a team of spiders or something.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

It's a good question who in the Ultimate series will come into the main universe. Another two questions, Aunt May, Gwen and MJ. All three are favorites, I can kind of see a majority of Spiderman players coming over. And yeah I would love to see a book lead by Anya, have Mayday, Spider Gwen, Jessica UU, and May Parker from the Steam punk world and you could have one heck of a group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ultimate Peter becomes Ben Reilly? Be easy to integrate considering he is considered dead in the Ultimate Universe. I still want Kaine back though. How about Scarlet spiders as a full series? Kaine, Ultimate Peter, and Ultimate Jessica Drew. Add Anya and she can lead a team of spiders or something.
    I think pretty much all of us would rather have Ben. Ultimate Jess doesn`t have the "it" factor to take the Scarlet mantle over him or Kaine.

What makes Ultimate Aunt May so great is that she a. Knows Peter's secret and b. Doesn't take stuff lying down. And I have a funny feeling given that 616 May is in Boston that she's not likely to make the transition. So maybe Ultimate Aunt May will replace her?