Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Five Potential Stories for Sony's Animated "Spider-Man" Film

With Sony working on a different type of "Spider-Man" movie, here are five comic book stories that could be just right for an animated adaptation.

Full article here.

BANNED

How about finishing the plot that started in ASM so they can satisfy the viewers that got intrigued with it?

Siege seems like an odd choice, Spidey had little to no part in the event and his battle with Venom provides hardly enough material for a feature film. I'd be down for a Spider-Men movie, but with Miguel O'Hara instead of Miles Morales, especially if we could get Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel Barnes to reprise their roles. The story could be a loose adaption of the Edge of Time video game, with actions in the present affecting the future and a team-up of the two Spider-Men in the finale.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

I've never disagreed more with an article.
    Cosmic Spider-Man.
    Sequel - Cosmic Spider-Man aftermath where the villains get revenge
    Avengers had a Symbiotes unleashed where everyone was becoming a symbiote including the Avengers.
    Maximum Carnage

BANNED

1 - Spider-Island: blah story, no thanks
    2 - Enough with the Sinister Six
    3 - would like to see a live action Spidey vs Venom film
    4 - Spider-Men, blah story, no thanks.
    5 - I guess Siege could be a contender. That's a lot of story to set up.

How about a Marvel Knights: SM adaptation? Though they'll no doubt come up with an original story for this cartoon movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post

How about a Marvel Knights: SM adaptation? Though they'll no doubt come up with an original story for this cartoon movie.
    Sadly it will be an origin story about how Spider-man got his powers ... because you know people don't know that story and we would hate for them to be confused by this movie.

Spider-verse. Go big or go home.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

I could see Spider-Men. Got Mysterio traveling between both worlds and playing the part of his alternate universe version, which seems right up his alley. Miles meeting Peter and Peter visiting a world where he died. There's a lot to be mined there.

I'd say Spider-Island if you can use the Avengers and some NY-based heroes, maybe add Animatrix-style shorts through the film to show what guys like Shang-Chi and Cloak & Dagger are doing.

If Spider-Verse, I'd say go with Miles' wacky adventures with Spider-Cowboy and the Spider-Mobile. That seemed a lot of fun and they never really got deep into their story.

Spectacular Member

I would go for a story that most fits in with an animated world, such as one that could be told within the confines of Batman: The Animated Series. I would just adapt the Ultimate Spider-Man version of Venom's origin. Not only would it be a great story, but it would cleanse the palette of Spider-Man 3's version of Venom. Anything from the original Ultimate Spider-Man run would be great.

No symbiotes. If I see this in the plot I refuse to see the film.

BANNED

i think it might be a comedy hopefully as fun as the marvel adventures series. my choices for voice actors would be these:

Andrew Garfield

Anton Yelchin

Logan Lerman

Asa Butterfield

Josh Keaton

Josh Grelle

Yuri Lowenthal

Matthew Mercer

Daniel Radcliffe

Joseph Gordan Levitte

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    How about finishing the plot that started in ASM so they can satisfy the viewers that got intrigued with it?
    and have Andrew Garfield reprise his role

I enjoyed many of these stories, but most seem to be grand scale epics. I don't think the TASM films failed because they fell short on spectacle. I think a smaller story with one central villain (preferably a new one, like Mysterio) and more focus on character and plot would be preferable.

BANNED

my only worry is if it'll be written by dan slott since you have brought up mysterio. i enjoyed shattered dimensions but with stuff like superior and the new amazing spiderman series by slott i rather have someone have a better grasp on spiderman. is phil lord and chris miller writing the movie too?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    and have Andrew Garfield reprise his role
    Guess there's not that many people that cares about that. I was really looking forward for Sony to end that story arc which felt really interesting. I think if they won't finish it in movies because of the whole the Marvel/Sony deal then at least do it in animation form.