Spoilers ahead!

spoilers:
    Superboy is still eak after the events from last issue

STAR Labs are trying to cure him

Parasite attacks the place but Jon beat him

He realizes that he needs to find Kon if he wants to get cured
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Actually I think he needs to find the other him,the clone Harvest has.

All-New Member

I'm actually enjoying Kuder's run a lot. Jon Kent was a very interesting character from the begining for me, all he needed was good writing. As new Superboy it was a little unfair for his character to be bound to people expectations and comparing him to Kon. Is always hard to write new characters especially if they replace a very loved one. But I suppose I am on the few lot that welcomed the change to see if it can get good, and it did. I'm going to dare to say it in this forum: Jon Kent has potential as memorable character. It already was in Son of Superman Elseworlds story, and I liked him there too.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonatiuh View Post
    I'm actually enjoying Kuder's run a lot. Jon Kent was a very interesting character from the begining for me, all he needed was good writing. As new Superboy it was a little unfair for his character to be bound to people expectations and comparing him to Kon. Is always hard to write new characters especially if they replace a very loved one. But I suppose I am on the few lot that welcomed the change to see if it can get good, and it did. I'm going to dare to say it in this forum: Jon Kent has potential as memorable character. It already was in Son of Superman Elseworlds story, and I liked him there too.
    I agree. I'm all for Kon coming back as Superboy at some point, but Jon Lane Kent could become a breakout villain if they handle it right. A true antagonist for Kon, the Teen Titans, the LOSH and a really interesting character to interact with Superman and Lois Lane. I hope that is the direction they are headed

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I agree. I'm all for Kon coming back as Superboy at some point, but Jon Lane Kent could become a breakout villain if they handle it right. A true antagonist for Kon, the Teen Titans, the LOSH and a really interesting character to interact with Superman and Lois Lane. I hope that is the direction they are headed
    Is seems that Marv Wolfman wanted him to become that kind of villain and it was fine for me, I was really looking forward to see if his plan was going to succeed. But now, he looks to be headning on to the path of change :3 too early though. But I sill hoping for an issue were he finally meets his parents too. Kinda sad that the son of Lois and Clark started evil though, but Kuder is making him an actual third dimensional character

I actually bought this issue, and it did not disappoint (something tells me I'll need to reread the past issues so I don't miss anything, haha). I'm intrigued now. So Jon has to...*find the other clone?, so he felt like, the clone's influence/presence calling him and realised he was real?*

DC should watch themselves. Not only is there a music group called the Parasites, but DC stole their logo for the cover of this issue. And, seeing as I am personal friends with a couple of the band members, I have informed them of this unauthorized use of their IP. Have a nice day.

BANNED

I won't get any Superboy issues unless Kon is the Superboy, anything else is Junk to me, and also sales for the book are bad. It shows that DC has done a bad job. DC should've never made this Jon Kent character, a Murderer that some ppl like is disgusting really. If any sales go up, it would be because they think either this Superboy is Kon, and things are back to where they should be, or ppl think Jon is a good guy.

I should say to 1 Poster that Son of Superman comic and this character that is Jon Lane Kent are not at all the same. Different Universes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    I actually bought this issue, and it did not disappoint (something tells me I'll need to reread the past issues so I don't miss anything, haha). I'm intrigued now. So Jon has to...*find the other clone?, so he felt like, the clone's influence/presence calling him and realised he was real?*
    Yes that's what is going to happen in the next issue. People think is Kon but maybe that clone is just a different character. Who knows. I hope we get to see other characters too. Like some JL members :3

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    I won't get any Superboy issues unless Kon is the Superboy, anything else is Junk to me, and also sales for the book are bad. It shows that DC has done a bad job. DC should've never made this Jon Kent character, a Murderer that some ppl like is disgusting really. If any sales go up, it would be because they think either this Superboy is Kon, and things are back to where they should be, or ppl think Jon is a good guy.

I should say to 1 Poster that Son of Superman comic and this character that is Jon Lane Kent are not at all the same. Different Universes.
    Is exactly the same character, just different characterization, just like Superman is superman in Injustice comics but with a different writting approach, just like Jon. Besides, Joker is a mass murderer pshycopath and alot of people likes him and so many other villains and heros in our pop culture, like in Assassins Creed or James Bond and video games protagonists. I'm sure Jon Kent character is just another one of the long list of 'heros' that become anti-heros. I think the problem never was the character but the writting and that he replaced "Kon". Jon in the first issues never went beyond a very two dimensional personality, one can't never care for him or understand why he is so murderous, he just go pshyco and kills and smiles and many things that were wrong with the story fell upon the character because he was in the center of all of it. The last issues actually explore the character and how he react on situations instead of situations bouncing on him and how other characters interact with his presence as of whom he is, and I thank Mr. Kuder for it :3. I don't think Jon Kent was a bad idea at all he is intriguing but he needs an opportunity to develop, who knows what ideas they can brainstorm for him. As a new addition to DC comics he can't be bound to expectations nor to follow a certain archetype like the other characters that have many years in DC's universe. The character needs time to grow just like the super teenage he is

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Tonatiuh; 05-15-2014 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tonatiuh View Post
    Is exactly the same character, just different characterization, just like Superman is superman in Injustice comics but with a different writting approach, just like Jon.
    Umm, no. No more than Bruce Wayne and Jean Paul Valley are the same character.

The issue itself though was fun! I, as others have said, really enjoy Jon's little take on the world. He's like an amped up version of the New 52 Kon, with a wider swing in his amorality approach.

I'll actually be sad to see him go. We know from Teen Titans that Kon's going to return eventually, but I'm game for Jon sticking around as long as he likes.

Does anyone know the hows and whys of Wolfman's departure? I just noticed that he was no longer at the helm here. :/
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

It makes since to look for Kon since Harvest made him as a test bed to cure Jon.
    Last edited by SSJ4JW; 05-16-2014 at 04:41 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Umm, no. No more than Bruce Wayne and Jean Paul Valley are the same character.
    Please explain it more. Can't understand your analogy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Hahaha. I'm quite sure DC/Warner are absolutely terrified of random threats on a message board unafilliated with thier affairs, made by a friend of a friend of some unknown grarage band. Terr-i-fied.
    LOL :3 who knows about the band though, but your comment is funny. Who you think the clone Jon has to find is??