Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I have to say, while Kuder's arc has been really good, I'm somewhat just going through the motions with the story. I'm not all that interested in Jon at all, yet I want to support the Superboy title overall so I continue to read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tonatiuh View Post
    Is exactly the same character, just different characterization, just like Superman is superman in Injustice comics but with a different writting approach, just like Jon. Besides, Joker is a mass murderer pshycopath and alot of people likes him and so many other villains and heros in our pop culture, like in Assassins Creed or James Bond and video games protagonists. I'm sure Jon Kent character is just another one of the long list of 'heros' that become anti-heros. I think the problem never was the character but the writting and that he replaced "Kon". Jon in the first issues never went beyond a very two dimensional personality, one can't never care for him or understand why he is so murderous, he just go pshyco and kills and smiles and many things that were wrong with the story fell upon the character because he was in the center of all of it. The last issues actually explore the character and how he react on situations instead of situations bouncing on him and how other characters interact with his presence as of whom he is, and I thank Mr. Kuder for it :3. I don't think Jon Kent was a bad idea at all he is intriguing but he needs an opportunity to develop, who knows what ideas they can brainstorm for him. As a new addition to DC comics he can't be bound to expectations nor to follow a certain archetype like the other characters that have many years in DC's universe. The character needs time to grow just like the super teenage he is

Just my two cents.

Different universes, and Jon needs to be erased and killed off from the DCU. He's the big reason why superboy is a failure. Also talking about Murderous other characters like Joker killing ppl and being liked. My arse, that's why ppl like Batman beating the hell out of ppl like the Joker.

What's there to understand about Jon being a Murderer. He sure as hell as didn't do it in self defense, which would be a lot different. Jon did it out of pure hate and enjoyment. If u like sickos like that than ppl like you shouldn't be interested in Superboy, in only in Villains books. Superboy is supposed to be a heros book. Kon was fine with his Anti-hero part he had.
    Last edited by Warrior10; 05-16-2014 at 01:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Hahaha. I'm quite sure DC/Warner are absolutely terrified of random threats on a message board unafilliated with thier affairs, made by a friend of a friend of some unknown grarage band. Terr-i-fied.

The issue itself though was fun! I, as others have said, really enjoy Jon's little take on the world. He's like an amped up version of the New 52 Kon, with a wider swing in his amorality approach.

I'll actually be sad to see him go. We know from Teen Titans that Kon's going to return eventually, but I'm game for Jon sticking around as long as he likes.

Does anyone know the hows and whys of Wolfman's departure? I just noticed that he was no longer at the helm here. :/
    You know Kon almost killed lil' Jon right. But he wasn't able to deliver the deathblow to Jon because the stupid Oracle and writer that be plcked Kon, and put Kon, Superman and Supergirl and put them on Krypton. Kon IS Superior to Jon in everyway, but Jon unfortunately has been written better. Kon never had a good writer with exception to the first issues Lobdell did.

That's the bad thing about Kon, he wasn't written right.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    You know Kon almost killed lil' Jon right. But he wasn't able to deliver the deathblow to Jon because the stupid Oracle and writer that be plcked Kon, and put Kon, Superman and Supergirl and put them on Krypton. Kon IS Superior to Jon in everyway, but Jon unfortunately has been written better. Kon never had a good writer with exception to the first issues Lobdell did.

That's the bad thing about Kon, he wasn't written right.
    The sales have been pretty bad no matter who was Superboy. That said, I'm looking forward to Kon coming back and being Superboy, but Jon is an interesting character in his own right - why can't he stick around and be Kon's biggest nemesis?

Astonishing Member

The way it's written, it really seems like the story beats are being dictated by editorial. Some of the stuff like his realization that he needs the original Superboy back really seems like it came from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    DC should watch themselves. Not only is there a music group called the Parasites, but DC stole their logo for the cover of this issue. And, seeing as I am personal friends with a couple of the band members, I have informed them of this unauthorized use of their IP. Have a nice day.
    Good luck trying to get them for infringement of their copyright.

ETA: I mean, there was an article earlier this week right here on CBR bemoaning art theft. And then DC goes and does that very thing a couple of days later. The band I am speaking of has released several records, and can be easily found doing a google image search for parasites band, that uses the logo as their trade dress.
    Last edited by the Dagman; 05-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.

LOL :3 who knows about the band though, but your comment is funny. Who you think the clone Jon has to find is??
    I'm hoping that it's Kon. He's alive and well (as we saw in the Teen Titans annual), so it'd be nice if he got his due in his own book.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

ETA: I mean, there was an article earlier this week right here on CBR bemoaning art theft. And then DC goes and does that very thing a couple of days later. The band I am speaking of has released several records, and can be easily found doing a google image search for parasites band, that uses the logo as their trade dress.
    Honestly, I would actually LOVE to see them 'take legal action'. Seriously, you should full push them to do so. Please! Do it for the fans.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The way it's written, it really seems like the story beats are being dictated by editorial. Some of the stuff like his realization that he needs the original Superboy back really seems like it came from nowhere.
    Nah, this has actually been a plot point for quite some time. According to the previous run Harvest had originally created Kon in the first place in order to develop a cure for Jon.

BANNED

Please explain it more. Can't understand your analogy.
    They're different characters who have adopted the same code name...?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    Different universes, and Jon needs to be erased and killed off from the DCU. He's the big reason why superboy is a failure. Also talking about Murderous other characters like Joker killing ppl and being liked. My arse, that's why ppl like Batman beating the hell out of ppl like the Joker.

What's there to understand about Jon being a Murderer. He sure as hell as didn't do it in self defense, which would be a lot different. Jon did it out of pure hate and enjoyment. If u like sickos like that than ppl like you shouldn't be interested in Superboy, in only in Villains books. Superboy is supposed to be a heros book. Kon was fine with his Anti-hero part he had.
    Yes, I do agree that Superboy comic book most be a hero book. But you are taking my comment a bit to personal. I never say I liked Jon characterization I only said he is a very intriguing character. Also I wasn't talking about universes, im not refering to the in-world causes Im refering to the real world causes, I apologise for the confusion. I know in Enligsh language there is not a word to describe "character" differently from what I was trying to say (please don't take this personaly Enligsh speaking people :3) I apologise for that too, I wasn't confusing New 52 Jon to the Jon Elseworld by saying Jon "character" as refering to the "person" but by saying "character" as an imaginative creation.

All the characters in comics suffer from changes among the years, for example Batman from the 60's is not the same Batman to the Batman from the 90's, Young Justice cartoon characters are not the same ones like from Teen Titans comics by Marv Wolfman. And that is because they are written by different people so their "characterization" tend to change. Sometimes they may retain their most basic traits or sometimes they may become completly different "people" depending on the writting approach. Thats why I used Superman Injustice to Superman as we mostly know him as an example. He is the same character from a writting perspective but explored from diffenert angles by different people. Jon Kent can be anything from phycopath to hero and it dosen't matter, Jon is not the problem, is never the characters fault because they are not real people, if the writting is bad all comes down. I suggest you to compare Superboy by Aaron Kuder and Son of Superman by Howard Chaykin and David Tischman to know what I mean.

Jon Lane Kent is the son of Lois and Clark in those stories and his characterization is completly different between them, however he is very good written in both, making him an interesting character to read.

I however do think like many fans of Conner Kent, that Superboy should have never been replaced so abruptly in the comics by an unknow character, it was a bad move, maybe they should have introduced Jon Kent slowly like others have commented as some regular villian with Kon.
    Last edited by Tonatiuh; 05-19-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Minor ortographic errors

All-New Member

ETA: I mean, there was an article earlier this week right here on CBR bemoaning art theft. And then DC goes and does that very thing a couple of days later. The band I am speaking of has released several records, and can be easily found doing a google image search for parasites band, that uses the logo as their trade dress. But, cue the fanboy apologists for whom DC or Marvel can do no wrong, as it might interfere with their comic book addiction. -smh-
    But, what makes you conclude that DC stole the Logo of The Parasites band and not it being just coincidence??

Default New A-Hole SUPERBOY Gets Fresh Start, New Outlook, Rave Reviews

Wait so his clone, the Superboy we had for most of the New 52, is still dead? Aren't they cancelling this title?

Kon isn't dead, well, not anymore. He was genuinely killed in Krypton's destruction at the end of the Return of Krypton arc, but I guess as a reward for his sacrifice, he was reborn as the new Herald of the Oracle. He kinda looks like Silver Surfer now, or in context, a smaller and shinier Oracle.