Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

A (very) little more on Injection is here:

"Right now I’m working on a series I’m doing with Warren Ellis and Jordie Bellaire called Injection, for Image Comics.
    It’s basically a contemporarily set sci-fi series with a team of like, ex-government agents in the UK having to deal with certain weird phenomena and… I’m probably not doing it justice. I always like it when Warren writes these bits because he’s the one that’s more articulate. (Dan laughs) “ME DRAW GOOD,” is all I can say.

It’s ongoing so I want to make sure that I am well ahead before the issues start coming out. It’s very similar to Moon Knight (artwise). It’s going to be the wash or washed artwork that I do that Jordie colors…

It’s going to be very different (storywise) from Moon Knight. It won’t be like single-issue stories in that format. It’s gonna be much more broader, kind of novelistic in scope. But I’m really excited. He asked for me to do something and I figured if I’m gonna do something with Warren, I might as well get the most out of it I could.

What were some of the things you listed?

It was primarily TV shows. It was stuff like The Wire, Deadwood. I’m a big fan of that type of serial storytelling and I think it can be done in comics. Which is kind of what I want. … Frankly the stuff at Marvel I’ve done has been very self-contained. Two-issue arcs, three-issue arcs, the six issues Moon Knight arc is the longest consistent arc I’ve done. The publishing schedule is very demanding and it’s really, really difficult to do a consistent body of work and, after four years of being very happy working at Marvel, I kind of made the decision that I didn’t really want to be doing that anymore.

It was perfectly fine and great and a great experience but I want to have my Preacher or Y: The Last Man, or a signature piece of work. I’m especially happy to have had such a great experience with Warren and Moon Knight. It was a great… I’m very, very proud of it and I would like more of that rather than, like, fill-ins or this, that and the other, so… Especially, as I’m 32 and I’ve done nothing but work-for-hire work and I am so ridiculously pretentious (Dan laughs) …

http://13thdimension.com/?p=18095

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...-jason-howard/
    I actually heard it from someone here, but this is all I could find on it which ain't much. I actually can't tell if that's just what they were calling the 2nd arc to the current series or not.
    Hmmmmm. It sounds like (from my interpretation of it) that it'll continue after issue #8 at some point. That was in September that that was posted and it being not included in Ellis' news bit today doesn't have to be a bad thing. Image Expo is coming up and we might get the announcement there? I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Hmmmmm. It sounds like (from my interpretation of it) that it'll continue after issue #8 at some point. That was in September that that was posted and it being not included in Ellis' news bit today doesn't have to be a bad thing. Image Expo is coming up and we might get the announcement there? I hope.
    I hope to hear something from the expo as well. My faith in Ellis to see it through is almost nil, but we shall see.

Popul Vuh and Tangerine Dream. Great taste in music.
    Current favourites: BPRD, Baltimore, Deadly Class, Zero, Prophet, Lazarus, East of West, MindMGMT

I'm not a big Ellis fan but Shalvey is a revelation. Looking forward to Injection for at least the art, hope it lasts a while. Ellis is a very smart writer but his drawbacks (decompression, endless cynicism, complete abandonment of virtually all his projects) often overwhelm his positives for me.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman