Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahead in 2015

Default Ahead in 2015

Part 1: Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.
    Talking to Mike Mignola and Scott Allie.

(Some of this was taken from November's Horse Power. I had very limited time with Mike Mignola for this)

Last edited by Skinkie; 01-06-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Third and possibly final flashback? Have they done regularly 1 every 4-5 issues? I can't remember. Could give us a general idea of how much longer Abe will run on his own.

Well, if Liz's vision in King of Fear is right, at the end of everything Abe will be with the BPRD again.
    Btw, the articles and interviews are amazing!! I smiled when I saw your name in the last issue from Hellboy & BPRD.

All-New Member

Love the insights in all these interviews. Keeps me guessing, and I don't know why we do that because its unfolding every month right before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Well, if Liz's vision in King of Fear is right, at the end of everything Abe will be with the BPRD again.
    Btw, the articles and interviews are amazing!! I smiled when I saw your name in the last issue from Hellboy & BPRD.
    My name's in there? I'll have to swing by a comic book store (still on holidays )

And here's Part 4: Baltimore with Christopher Golden and Peter Bergting.
    Last edited by middenway; 01-08-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Do we know if there is another arc for BPRD after HELL ON EARTH is done? I keep hearing that the end is coming soon, but I am a bit confused as to weather that means the end of BPRD or just this cycle.

I know thinks will be getting worse for our team, but damn if I am not emotionally invested in them...

UPDATE - I just read the State of the Mignolaverse thread and went back and reread FINAL PART.

Another question emerged for me. When Scott said, "It’s a good thing we’ll have Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. or my job would stop being fun. It’s strange knowing that everyone’s gonna be dead. You don’t get this working on The Avengers. I just want to make sure we end it all well. We know basically what happens, but a lot of details remain to be figured out. We’re pulling out all the stops for the end of Hell on Earth. We’ll need to go even bigger for the end of everything." is he referring to the characters that show up in HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D as we know they aren't around in the present day or on our current BPRD members?

Also, No mention of more SLEDGEHAMMER?
    Last edited by Storey; 01-09-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Do we know if there is another arc for BPRD after HELL ON EARTH is done? I keep hearing that the end is coming soon, but I am a bit confused as to weather that means the end of BPRD or just this cycle.

I know thinks will be getting worse for our team, but damn if I am not emotionally invested in them...

UPDATE - I just read the State of the Mignolaverse thread and went back and reread FINAL PART.

Another question emerged for me. When Scott said, "It’s a good thing we’ll have Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. or my job would stop being fun. It’s strange knowing that everyone’s gonna be dead. You don’t get this working on The Avengers. I just want to make sure we end it all well. We know basically what happens, but a lot of details remain to be figured out. We’re pulling out all the stops for the end of Hell on Earth. We’ll need to go even bigger for the end of everything." is he referring to the characters that show up in HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D as we know they aren't around in the present day or on our current BPRD members?
    I don't know more than you do.
    I don't know whether or how many arcs would come for the B.P.R.D. beyond Hell On Earth.

But even if there wouldn't be more arcs to come, it seems that for some characters there is still stuff to perform, for either Abe or Liz or even Roger as well as whoever else. Ed Grey, the faeries, maybe even old mr Iron Shoes?! (Or did he get whacked forgood already..?)
    Both as how there could be flashbacks or startlingly new perspectives to emerge despite the ending as proving definitive and as such unchangeable?

But like I said: I don't know more than you or any reader.
    I pretty much feel I'm the type of reader who wants endings as much as beginnings to stories, which seems sort of fitting to how Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. etc. have been to read so far. Moreso than many other comics I would be to think. But also like many other comics or stories all the same. And the good thing about any story is you can mostly always start over with it, again and again.

EDIT: Suddenly I don't feel too sure of old Mr. Shoes no more. Should I be to lament him?! Because I would... I'll be reading on him again. With or without the lamenting. Ahh, no shoes like the Shoes...
    Last edited by Kees_L; 01-09-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: punctualificalness.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I seem to remember a long time ago, there was some cryptic talk about what was after B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth. In hindsight I know think these were hints not at another cycles after Hell on Earth, but rather the first hints of Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. At the moment, I think Hell on Earth will end that story, and Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. will step in as the flagship title for the Mignolaverse.

That's just a theory though. And as has been shown before, I am very often wrong.

I think he's referring to both Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. and B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth. One's the 1950s and those folks aren't going to live forever. The other's the end of the world, and when that end finally comes I don't think there's going be many survivors.
    Also, No mention of more SLEDGEHAMMER?
    No mention of more Sledgehammer 44 and no mention of more Witchfinder. That's not to say there won't be more, there's simply nothing they want to say at this time. I assure you, neither have been forgotten though, but there's a lot of other things going on right now.

All-New Member

I know the average fan wants to read a BPRD with Hellboy, Abe and Liz. But honestly, I love it without. Well... I did like the BPRD when they were lead casted by Abe, Liz, and Kate. You throw in Red and sales seem to double... I know it's got to be tempting, but I like BPRD the way it is.

Without going through all the links and everything . . . anything said about more Lobster Johnson in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Without going through all the links and everything . . . anything said about more Lobster Johnson in 2015?
    There will be several short stories, like the kind that filled the Satan Smells a Rat trade paperback. The first of these will be a one shot from Toni Fejzula, then more from other unannounced artists. After that, it's a return to Tonci Zonjic on a longer arc (most likely five issues).