Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Riffing on Jim Starlin's cover for Captain Marvel #29

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    https://shadowandact.com/dewanda-wis...ampaign=buffer

Fingers crossed she's playing Monica. Someone on my feed said her A-force costume is the best one we've seen and it's not even technically canon so I hope we see her wear that too
    Only way Im watching this film.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Fingers crossed she's playing Monica. Someone on my feed said her A-force costume is the best one we've seen and it's not even technically canon so I hope we see her wear that too
    Not my first, second or third choice to portray Monica, but at this point it's all about getting the character on the big screen. I hope that it is Monica and Ms. Wise does her justice. (As for the She's Gotta Have It remake, Spike should have left perfection alone.)

Seeing Monica on the big screen will be a dream come true for me. I've always loved this character so much.

whenever Monica is portrayed on screen, I hope to see a full range of her powers as they were circa 1983.

As much as I’d love to see more Monica anywhere, I don’t think/hope this isn’t a casting of Monica in the Captain Marvel movie.
    If Dewanda Wise is playing Monica, there’s better than good chance she will get the Peggy Carter ... or worse the Steve Trevor...treatment. With the time jump between Carols origin to the current Avengers era, they would have to stretch credibility a bit too much to bring not only the protagonist into the modern day but also her co-star.
    And I get the Monica is living energy aspect of the possible story but it steals the titular character’s thunder a bit to transition others forward too. Unless we’re looking at a Rick Jones /Mar-Vell kinda situation...which would be an interesting twist on the source material.... 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    As much as I’d love to see more Monica anywhere, I don’t think/hope this isn’t a casting of Monica in the Captain Marvel movie.
    If Dewanda Wise is playing Monica, there’s better than good chance she will get the Peggy Carter ... or worse the Steve Trevor...treatment. With the time jump between Carols origin to the current Avengers era, they would have to stretch credibility a bit too much to bring not only the protagonist into the modern day but also her co-star.
    And I get the Monica is living energy aspect of the possible story but it steals the titular character’s thunder a bit to transition others forward too. Unless we’re looking at a Rick Jones /Mar-Vell kinda situation...which would be an interesting twist on the source material.... ��
    heh... even for speculation's sake.. if this were a case of Monica turning into Carol or vice-versa.. look for internet breakage to the utmost..

I just watched the animated Marvel Avengers Secret Wars. Kept wishing they'd introduce Monica Rambeau somehow, someway.

If the Avengers show is renewed for another season, Marvel has less excuse to not introduce new characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Seeing Monica on the big screen will be a dream come true for me. I've always loved this character so much.
    Totally agree

Absolutely love her

Wish she was on the new Avengers roster

unfortunately I guess she'll be ignored again at length. Now that she won't be a core member of the new Avengers comic, I doubt she'll be brought in for any guest appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    unfortunately I guess she'll be ignored again at length. Now that she won't be a core member of the new Avengers comic, I doubt she'll be brought in for any guest appearances.
    And so ends Black History Month. What is the number of African Americans currently appearing in titles at the moment anyway? (Obviously, Black Panther doesn't count, since he's not American.)

So when is Ms. Rambeau at least going to get a mini series. Especially, since we have Cosmic Ghost Rider, Multiple Man and Quick Silver all getting there own series. I thin Monica deserves one.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And so ends Black History Month. What is the number of African Americans currently appearing in titles at the moment anyway? (Obviously, Black Panther doesn't count, since he's not American.)
    Well, a bunch of things just ended, or are ending. Let's take a look at May's solicits. An alternate reality Monica is on the cover of Infinity Countdown Captain Marvel. Turk, in Infinity Countdown Daredevil. Misty Knight, in Weapon Lost. Luke, in Adamantium Agenda. Miles is on the cover of ASM #800 (so is Robbie Robertson), and will also be in his own solo, and in Champions, and guesting in Hulk. Riri will be in Iron Man, and in Champions (and, if Marvel aren't complete assholes, they'll hopefully have an announcement soon for a Riri solo written by a black woman). Falcon still has his solo, which in May will also feature Misty and Patriot. Nancy, in Squirrel Girl. Moon Girl. Bishop's in Astonishing X-Men.

So, unless I've missed some African-Americans, that's 12 African-American characters, in 13 titles.

So yeah, not great! And they'll be down to I think three African-American writes, Coates, Narcisse and Barnes.

This being the last day of Black History Month, it might be a good time for Marvel to announce a title or two written by black people. Maybe a black woman. An ongoing title written by a black woman would certainly be an appreciated announcement, I would think.

BANNED

Wait. The comicbook character Multiple Man gets his own series? I thought the character was dead!