Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I like the new name. It seems to make sense. I have a hard time remembering it mostly because, she has had so many names and some are the names of others before her. Hope they keep it. I will remember it soon and not forget but, it might take 5 years without more change.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    What are people referring to when they talk about Monica's "power upgrade". Attachment 20369
    First there was fully powered Monica. Then she lost her powers completely and came back with a different set of powers, including superhuman strength, as a consequence of how she then interfaced with the dimension that originally gave Monica her abilities. Then, somewhere along the way her original powers came back, but purportedly not at the levels that they were when she first gained her powers. She maintained that modest, but still relatively impressive level of power... as far as I know... until she joined Mighty Avengers. During the last MA series, Proxima Midnight nearly killed Monica. Blue Marvel helped save her, and in addition to healing her further enhanced her. Long story short, I think that is the "power upgrade" that most are referring to in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    What are people referring to when they talk about Monica's "power upgrade". I just read #6 and nothing i could tell suggested that unless you're talking about the costume change, but I mean, if storm can do it..

I like Monica's next wave coat maybe wish it wasn't solid black though

Attachment 20369
    I prefer just about anything to the drab brown of the Nextwave trench and quietly wish she would rock something a bit more like the translucent number worn by Phil Jimenez's Legion character Dragonwing (inspired by Bladerunner's Zhora) as a callback to her former under arm cape.
    Add a bit of a pearlescent sheen to it to inject some color and play off her Spectrum codename.
    dragonwing1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I prefer just about anything to the drab brown of the Nextwave trench and quietly wish she would rock something a bit more like the translucent number worn by Phil Jimenez's Legion character Dragonwing (inspired by Bladerunner's Zhora) as a callback to her former under arm cape.
    Add a bit of a pearlescent sheen to it to inject some color and play off her Spectrum codename.
    dragonwing1.jpg
    I can't say that I'm a fan of the Next Wave cloak either. And I agree that it's time that they sidelined her basic black and white getup for something more colorful. Not that I dislike her costume, but between her and Storm, black and white with a tinge of any other accent color has been done to death.

what is this talk of the return of "nextwave" monica? There is another monica from another dimension now?

no, her appearance has changed to what it was in the Nextwave: Agents of HATE series.
    I surrender to the Contest

All-New Member

I'm not a fan of the Nextwave look. The coat is just too much.

As far as the hair, I find it a bit boring. i like to see her locs that are more flowing like Ledisi or go back to the look she started the series out in.

Amazing Member

Pictures of Monica from Captain America and The Mighty Avengers #7 which comes out this Wednesday. Gotta say it is nice seeing Monica get the spotlight again.

Spectacular Member

LOVE me some Captain Monica Spectrum she rocked the last issue of Mighty. Love the stunts she did in the middle and end. Cool use and display of power. And people forget she can absorb and become any foreign or exotic energy she comes in contact with. So her being "able" to hold him wasn't a shock to me but an awesome salute to the character. I love Mighty and AL for giving us Monica and Adam in the same book. I like their interactions and they form a relationship of sorts even after secret wars.

Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I dig the next wave look. Sorry, I'm not sorry.
    That trench coat and the locs are COOL I'm and set her apart from other heroines visually.
    Last edited by DMightyBlue; 04-16-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    LOVE me some Captain Monica Spectrum she rocked the last issue of Mighty. Love the stunts she did in the middle and end. Cool use and display of power. And people forget she can absorb and become any foreign or exotic energy she comes in contact with. So her being "able" to hold him wasn't a shock to me but an awesome salute to the character. I love Mighty and AL for giving us Monica and Adam in the same book. I like their interactions and they form a relationship of sorts even after secret wars.

Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I dig the next wave look. Sorry, I'm not sorry.
    That trench coat and the locs are COOL I'm and set her apart from other heroines visually.
    "Captain Monica Spectrum" would be a cool title for her ongoing solo book, if she is ever given one.

Loved her in the latest Mighty, she's just all kinds of broken when she's pissed. As Blue Marvel described it Biblical.

Love Monica. She was perhaps Roger Stern's finest creation -- now if only Marvel writers could be more consistent about what her powers are so we can know her limits. To me she's one of my favorite examples of the power of representation --growing up as a black female with thick hair, always wanting to be fair-skinned with straight, lighter hair, like all the female super heroes who got the air time in the adaptations, finding Monica Rambeau when I go into Marvel back in 2009/2010 was amazing. Thought she was cool in Nextwave and have loved her in Al Ewing's Avengers run thus far -- love the costume, and am glad to see the Nextwave look back -- silly though the trench coat is, it's distinctively Monica.

Any ideas on how they should introduce her into the MCU? While it would be cool if we could have her in Infinity War, maybe after most of the original actors' contracts have worn out, we could get a Phase 4 or 5 Avengers film with Monica as team leader, which could lead to a solo film. Or maybe a Nextwave adaptation. Or anything, really. I just want her in an adaptation already.
    Last edited by MsAngel; 04-18-2015 at 06:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    Love Monica. She was perhaps Roger Stern's finest creation -- now if only Marvel writers could be more consistent about what her powers are so we can know her limits. To me she's one of my favorite examples of the power of representation --growing up as a black female with thick hair, always wanting to be fair-skinned with straight, lighter hair, like all the female super heroes who got the air time in the adaptations, finding Monica Rambeau when I go into Marvel back in 2009/2010 was amazing. Thought she was cool in Nextwave and have loved her in Al Ewing's Avengers run thus far -- love the costume, and am glad to see the Nextwave look back -- silly though the trench coat is, it's distinctively Monica.

Any ideas on how they should introduce her into the MCU? While it would be cool if we could have her in Infinity War, maybe after most of the original actors' contracts have worn out, we could get a Phase 4 or 5 Avengers film with Monica as team leader, which could lead to a solo film. Or maybe a Nextwave adaptation. Or anything, really. I just want her in an adaptation already.
    Wasn't Monica a cop, similar to Misty Knight ?

Then why not include her in the Captain Marvel movie as both an Easter egg and a secondary origin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Wasn't Monica a cop, similar to Misty Knight ?
    Yeah, Monica was a cop--she was a lieutenant in the New Orleans Harbour Patrol at the time she got her powers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    "Captain Monica Spectrum" would be a cool title for her ongoing solo book, if she is ever given one.
    I think she should keep the Captain definitely. I thought Captain Spectrum would have been cool.