Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I ship Monica with Voodoo & with D.Freeman as my 2nd choice, so that would not something I'd be interested in reading and it would give marvel another excuse to put another black character in a interracial relationship (the only type of relationship majority of their black characters are currently allowed to be in seems) , when relationships with two black characters in Marvel or almost non-existent currently.
    I suppose in theory if she were a lesbian they could just hook her up with another black female.

At times they've sort of IMPLIED that Storm goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose in theory if she were a lesbian they could just hook her up with another black female.

At times they've sort of IMPLIED that Storm goes both ways.
    They could but they wouldn't/ won't, if they did go that route with the character...

Snice marvel is bringing different reality characters in the new marvel universe, they should have Monica's daughter Backlight come visit her arc or two

Too bad we'll never see this because of ownership issues:

http://derekl.deviantart.com/art/Joh...beau-434161122

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Random question, seems here would be best place to ask it, but has Monica ever had a romantic interest in any of her appearances, either in Avengers or her own mini or whatever?

A friend and I were talking about LGBT characters in comics and were trying to think of any black LGBT characters and then ones that could be 'outed' and Monica came up as a suggestion.

While I understand that may not go down with some of her fans, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a decent suggestion.
    I'd prefer that Marvel create a new LGBT heroine POC, before they resorted to retconning Monica as a member of the LGBT community. Monica's destiny is with Blue Marvel. She just doesn't know it yet.

Speaking of which, can someone tell me if there are any superhero couples comprised of a Black man and a Black woman in Marvel? Are there any marriages like that? Any families at all -- mythological deities aside -- in that traditional archetype?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Marvel are missing a premier lesbian character and, traditionally, lesbians tend to be accepted more and thus stick around more. Especially with Marvel looking to push diversity at last
    I think Carol Danvers would fit the part perfectly. Maybe I'm in the minority in that regard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Speaking of which, can someone tell me if there are any superhero couples comprised of a Black man and a Black woman in Marvel? Are there any marriages like that?
    Black panther and storm years ago.

A black family of novas.
    Upcoming i guess.

COMICS: First Look At INFINITY GAUNTLET #1 & New Hero ...
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=115376
    Last edited by mace11; 06-07-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Monica's destiny is with Blue Marvel.

I agree.
    I think this is true also.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-07-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    A black family of novas. Upcoming i guess.

Thanks, Mace.

I guess on the one hand this makes for an interesting development. But on the other hand...it looks like another case of a minority inheriting another established character's mantle. When is Marvel going to learn that when people demand new characters, they don't mean the PoC, LBGT, or female version of an existing character? I get that the Novae are an interstellar police force, which means any and every ethnicity -- terrestrial and otherwise -- can don the uniform, but good grief, where is the innovation?

Safe bet, this family is not from the 616 universe? Safer bet that not all of the family lives to see the new post-Secret Wars universe?

BANNED

But maybe people do like the idea of PoC, LGBT and women taking the mantles of certain heroes? If people want them to be legacy characters where anyone of a certain race, gender or sexual preference can be that character. I mean, girls want to have spider powers too you know?

BANNED

I think Carol Danvers would fit the part perfectly. Maybe I'm in the minority in that regard.
    All for a counterpart of 616 Carol Danvers being the premier lesbian character on the new mainstream marvel earth. This counterpart is most likely to be from the domain Arcadia and her lover is none other than the counterpart of 616 Jessica Drew.

Invincible Member

I'd prefer that Marvel create a new LGBT heroine POC, before they resorted to retconning Monica as a member of the LGBT community. Monica's destiny is with Blue Marvel. She just doesn't know it yet.

Speaking of which, can someone tell me if there are any superhero couples comprised of a Black man and a Black woman in Marvel? Are there any marriages like that? Any families at all -- mythological deities aside -- in that traditional archetype?
    There was the black gay couple from Fraction's Hawkeye. I don't know if they're being used in Lemire's version

Invincible Member

Thanks, Mace.

I guess on the one hand this makes for an interesting development. But on the other hand...it looks like another case of a minority inheriting another established character's mantle. When is Marvel going to learn that when people demand new characters, they don't mean the PoC, LBGT, or female version of an existing character? I get that the Novae are an interstellar police force, which means any and every ethnicity -- terrestrial and otherwise -- can don the uniform, but good grief, where is the innovation?

Safe bet, this family is not from the 616 universe? Safer bet that not all of the family lives to see the new post-Secret Wars universe?
    It's a tough situation because some writers and artists aren't as willing to give up new characters under work for hire conditions as they were a couple of generations ago. Plus, many times the company simply wants to hang on to certain trademarks, so they get their staff to submit pitches for new versions of previous heroes.

I've been reading Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers run on Marvel Unlimited. So far I think it's great. I did read his column about how he thought Captain Marvel (Spectrum) was an awesome character. I'm now 8 issues into that 14 issue volume. He's not only making me interested in this character but also in some of the other characters in the book. It's just really great! The only thing I will say is his favorism for Spectrum is evident. Even how she takes out White Tiger in her Godmode kinda shows that too. But still, I'm interested in reading more about Spectrum and some of these other Mighty Avengers.
    Last edited by Xhatch; 06-08-2015 at 05:14 AM.

BANNED

I wonder who owns Monica Rambeau, because I would love to see her involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future or at least in Avengers Infinity War. That would be something to see in terms of team ups with live action Avengers members on the BIG SCREEN.