Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I'm sorry but I had to bump this thread and reply to this old post because this ish is SOOOOO true. Indeed Coral, Luke Cage and Spider-Woman were hardly used or even known before the New Avengers or when Bendis took over as writer for Avengers. Before they were barely even B-listers if at all, especially Carol. I don't like Bendis as a writer and I know many don't, but we have to credit him for really building these three characters. Now they're solid B-listers and it is a norm to have them in major comics teams.

Indeed the same can happen to Monica if Ewing keeps pushing her. That's why I like Ewing, he tries to salvage underused characters and build them up. He is obviously trying to build Monica and Blue Marvel. With him champion those two characters, it'll make other writers decide to use them more.
    You're really not giving enough credit to Busiek here for Carol Danvers' rehabilitation. If he hadn't brought Carol back from almost a decade of D-list status, I'm sure Bendis would've ignored her too.

In any case, yes, Ewing has done a great job rehabbing Monica over the last couple years and hopefully it'll stick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    You're really not giving enough credit to Busiek here for Carol Danvers' rehabilitation. If he hadn't brought Carol back from almost a decade of D-list status, I'm sure Bendis would've ignored her too.
    Well, Bendis is fond of Carol so he probably would have used her anyway. But I agree that Busiek does not get nearly enough credit for being the one to rescue Carol Danvers from limbo and make her a prominent character again. Bendis simply picked Carol up from where Busiek left off--Busiek was the one who brought her back in a big way as a mainstay of his AVENGERS run for several years, as well as recurring appearances as a supporting character in his IRON MAN run for two years, and getting her out of the "Binary" costume and back into her classic look.

Kurt did the heavy-lifting when it came to Carol's return. Bendis just took it to the next level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Captain Marvel has been seen in the series A-Force by G. Willow Wilson
    Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers.
    Both Carol and Monica have been seen in A-FORCE. He might have been referring to the fact that the Monica in A-FORCE is wearing a variation of the costume that Monica wore when she was Captain Marvel (as opposed to her new Spectrum costume, or her Nextwave look).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Captain Marvel looked awesome appearing alongside Machine Man and Giant Man. The mask and 2-color costume are fine.

BANNED

Captain Marvel looked awesome appearing alongside Machine Man and Giant Man. The mask and 2-color costume are fine.
    Its a shame Avengers: EMH was canceled. I would have looked forward to seeing more characters. That's not Captain Marvel, though. That's Spectrum. The current Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers.

BANNED

Captain Marvel has a terrific adversary in Black Out. She is light while he is dark.
    This page with Captain Marvel in it is extraordinary.
    Big John Buscema never disappointed. Miss him.

Spectrum in Ewing's Ultimates, with a "younger" looking Blue Marvel. I can't wait for this! Monica is currently trapped and I wonder if she's getting out of there before, during or after Secret Wars is over, just want her to kick ass and take names later. Heavy hitters on the team and we're going to see Celestials again. Hmmm could the Eternals be right behind, they have not been spotted yet in BattleWorld.

Has she been spotted elsewhere besides background in A-force?

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Spectrum in Ewing's Ultimates, with a "younger" looking Blue Marvel. I can't wait for this! Monica is currently trapped and I wonder if she's getting out of there before, during or after Secret Wars is over, just want her to kick ass and take names later. Heavy hitters on the team and we're going to see Celestials again. Hmmm could the Eternals be right behind, they have not been spotted yet in BattleWorld.

Has she been spotted elsewhere besides background in A-force?
    I am looking forward to Monica finally teaming up with Carol. I feel their friendship has never really been widely expanded upon besides Carol's solo series. I also think the two of them will make great mentors to America Chavez.

BANNED

Oh yeah someone mentioned merchandise. As far as I know Monica only has a couple of Heroclix figures, a minimate figure and a figurine from the Eaglemoss classic Marvel figurine line.

These figurines of Captain Marvel are adorable!

BANNED

Funny, I don't see Captain Marvel, only Spectrum.

I agree.........

*****deleted via self-moderation******
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-31-2015 at 11:56 PM.

We have a thread already established for discussing the interview with Ewing and the released cover. Feel free to have those conversations there.

How often has Monica traveled into "inner-space"? at the microscopic, subatomic levels? How about toward the center of the earth?